Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solution] Those having problems with Google Service/Framework Crashing On Tronsmart T428

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solution] Those having problems with Google Service/Framework Crashing On Tronsmart T428

I am not sure if it is just the Tronsmart T428 with the firmeware posted below or it also happens to other products with customized firmware but..

I updated google play services and other apps made from google like Google Search and it crashes when I startup my Transmart. It started to happen June and it got worse in August which I had no other choice but to..
    I reflashed and updated the google apps, still crashing.
    I tried to uninstall the updates, clear cache, clear data, force stop and it crashes the services and forces other services to crash
    I spend hours trying to fix it but with no solution, so I have no other choice but to reflash the whole system. The factory reset via the boot menu does not work. Once you update the google services/apps that causes the crash their is no way to revert back. It seems to hook it self permanently.
    So again, reflash from this thread
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...inless-rom-2-0

When you reboot it will guide you through the menu. DO NOT enter you google email. If you do Google play will either respond with google play services has crashed or starts to update google apps which will &*^( things up even more and you have to repeat the whole process.

You can either sideload apps or install
    android apps, android games, download android games, best android apps

an alternative google play store

The default email app to read email works so entering your email from their works. Youtube app requires an update for google framework services, so you are out of luck. So you have to manually make a bookmark the YouTube mobile page or use a third party app. Default browser still works or use a third party app but not google chrome. Basically any google made app is unusable unless you have something like nexus 5 or update the the most recent google play framework/service. Modified roms made for android Chinese tv sticks used to work with google play, now either google is cracking down or something is up.

The OP who made the rom has to update the firmware, for now it seems abandoned, including the manufacturer. It's been over an year so time will time how long we can keep using kitkat.

So my solution is DO NOT UPDATE ANY APPS MADE BY GOOGLE LEAVE IT AS DEFAULT WHEN YOU FLASH IT.

If you have other tips or successful ways post here.
    Last edited by ThisGuy00; 08-10-2015, 03:17.

I am using Finless 2 kitkat rom. No need to reflash just uninstall the google play services app and it will revert to the original rom version of that. Then, do not ever upgrade google play services. I can still browse and use the play store normally. Only problem is YouTube but can get round that with Kodi or Xbmc. A few apps ask for Google play services to be updated , just forget them and try alternative apps that don't ask.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

There's an even better solution which I posted in the Finless KitKat T428 2.0 rom topic.

You just need to uninstall the new version of Google Play Services and revert to the factory default and then Use APKMirror to download an old version ( 7.5.74 (1997312-034)) of Google Play Services and then create a folder in ROOT\Data\App named "com.google.android.gms-2.apk"

Do not reboot during this process!

7.5.74 is the last version of Google Play Services which will work with Bob's KitKat 2.0 ROM. Creating the empty folder with the name shown above for some reason prevents Google from automatically installing the latest version during boot-up, which it will otherwise do EVEN if you have auto-update turned off in your Play-Store settings. If you try to install the Play-Store version you'll get an "Insufficient Storage Space" error message until you delete this empty folder.

Unfortunately, you'll also need to stick with older versions of other apps produced by Google or produced by Google owned companies, since the latest versions may refuse to run if you don't "Update Google Play Services". Some apps will show a Msg Box telling you that you need to update but if you close the box, the app will still run (Netflix, Amazon Music etc.) You may need to use alternative apps, for example, I'm using Dropbox instead of Google Drive to Cloud-Save.

Comment

I too am running Finless Kit Kat Rom. Had this T428 for almost three years!

I got sick of this constant error so threw the T428 in a cupboard. Last week (almost a year later) I took it out of retirement and tried again, this time the latest google stuff updated and finally did it's thing properly and all works well again with no errors.

At least for now.

Comment

Working...
        X