Clear All

Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Originally posted by csjohnny View Post
    I HAVE A REQUEST
    One more thing: INIT.D IS NOT SUPPORTED
    ...and tun.ko for VPN users

Comment

MK809 III

Should this rom work with the MK 809 III?

Comment

On mine MK908 III it doesn't work.

After successfull flash I connect dongle to TV and I have blinking screen, dongle starts to first configuration screen but during this screen is turning on for a 1-2 seconds and turning off (no signal) for next 2-3 seconds and again and again and again... At this time, useless ROM for us...

I have tried both versions - kernel+boot 720p and kernel+boot 1080p.

Comment

MultiView on MK908

I'm flashing my Rom to 4.2.2. 1.5, but looking to see if there's the ability to run side by side apps like I do on my Galaxy s4. Is this a feature of the latest Finless ROM? If not is there a tweak available to enable this capability. I use my MK908 as my alternative to PC when working from home. I have email and browser as my main two applications and looking for a way to easily have them running side by side so I don't need to close out each app when i want to check email or what not.

Any help would be much appreciated all.

Comment

Bob where are you?

Hí,

Bob does not do upgrades mk908?

Comment

Finless bob, thanks a lot for your hard work! Amazing set of good apps!

I have faced an issue that the init.d doesn't fire the scripts I put into the init.d folder.

I just wonder if you could help.

I need for the apps to be installed on the first boot.
              I do have a script which works on Minix X5:

Code:
              [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]#!/system/bin/sh
              # preinstallApk
              if [ ! -e /system/preinstall/.notfirstboot ]
              then
                  APKLIST=`ls /system/preinstall/*.apk`
                  for INFILES in $APKLIST
                  do
                    pm install -r $INFILES
                  done

busybox touch /system/preinstall/.notfirstboot

fi
              exit
              [/FONT][/COLOR]

i tried adding the script inicialization into the init.rc in the ramdisk into the default MK908 kernell:

Code:
              [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]service script /system/etc/init.d/preinstallApk
                  oneshot    
              [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]
              [/FONT][/COLOR]
              as well I tried using the install-recovery.sh:

this script I added into the init.rc:
              Code:
              [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]service flash_recovery /system/etc/install-recovery.sh    class main    oneshot    
              [/FONT][/COLOR]

Code:
              [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]install-recovery.sh:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]#!/system/bin/sh/system/bin/sysinit
              [/FONT][/COLOR]

sysinnit:

Code:
              [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]#!/system/bin/shexport PATH=/sbin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin/system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/run-parts /system/etc/init.d
              [/FONT][/COLOR]

and I tried adding the script preinstallApk into the init.d folder and it didn't work for me.

I tried the Finless bob FW for MK808b with the embedded init.d and the script didn't work either.
              I tested the script, if I add the apps into the /system/preinstall
              and launch the script, the it works like a charm.

Could you please point me what am I doing wrong?
              Do you have any example how to embed the init.d support into the kernel?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by jevgenijo View Post
                Finless bob, thanks a lot for your hard work! Amazing set of good apps!

I have faced an issue that the init.d doesn't fire the scripts I put into the init.d folder.

I just wonder if you could help.

I tried the Finless bob FW for MK808b with the embedded init.d and the script didn't work either.
                I tested the script, if I add the apps into the /system/preinstall
                and launch the script, the it works like a charm.

Could you please point me what am I doing wrong?
                Do you have any example how to embed the init.d support into the kernel?

Thanks a lot for your help!

I had problems with this also, and though I´m not entirely sure this was the fix, I believe I had to go in with ES file explorer and make the script executable before it would work. Worth a try anyways. Good Luck!
                If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
                  I had problems with this also, and though I´m not entirely sure this was the fix, I believe I had to go in with ES file explorer and make the script executable before it would work. Worth a try anyways. Good Luck!
                  Thanks you for quick reply.

I have tried setting the 777 chmod but this didn't help.
                  Also I tried putting the test script into the init.d

#!/system/bin/sh
                  #Init.d Test

Code:
                  busybox mount -o remount,rw -t auto /system

if [ -e /system/preinstall/Test.log ]; then
                  rm /system/preinstall/Test.log
                  fi

echo "Ryuinferno @ XDA 2012" > /system/preinstall/Test.log
                  echo "Init.d is working !!!" >> /system/preinstall/Test.log
                  echo "excecuted on $(date +"%d-%m-%Y %r" )

if [ -e /preinstall/Test.log ]; then
                  rm /preinstall/Test.log
                  fi
                  this didn't work either. looks like init.d is not suported in the MK908 FW.

Btw, this script worked on Finless 1.7 FW for mk808b, but when I added preinstallApk script, it didn't work either. What I'm doing wrong?
                  thank you for your help.

Comment

I tried the next test, but it does not work:

Create a file 0test into /system/etc/init.d

#!/system/bin/sh
                    touch /data/local/tmp/initd_test.txt
                    echo "Hello Android" > /data/local/tmp/initd_test.txt

File permission is 755.
                    If there’s some scripts in /system/etc/init.d, then backup those files to your sdcard for later use. Sometimes, it’s hard to find the script running result and that’s the reason why I’m testing it by simply writing a file.
                    If you are done with creating a file, reboot your phone and go to the /data/local/temp directory.
                    If the initd_test.txt file is there and content is “Hello Android”, then it means that any other scripts in the init.d directory will be executed during the boot and you don’t need to follow this guide any more.

Comment

Originally posted by csjohnny View Post
                      I tried the next test, but it does not work:

Create a file 0test into /system/etc/init.d

#!/system/bin/sh
                      touch /data/local/tmp/initd_test.txt
                      echo "Hello Android" > /data/local/tmp/initd_test.txt

File permission is 755.
                      If there’s some scripts in /system/etc/init.d, then backup those files to your sdcard for later use. Sometimes, it’s hard to find the script running result and that’s the reason why I’m testing it by simply writing a file.
                      If you are done with creating a file, reboot your phone and go to the /data/local/temp directory.
                      If the initd_test.txt file is there and content is “Hello Android”, then it means that any other scripts in the init.d directory will be executed during the boot and you don’t need to follow this guide any more.
                      Thank you very much for your script.
                      I tried similar:

busybox mount -o remount,rw -t auto /systemif [ -e /system/preinstall/Test.log ]; thenrm /system/preinstall/Test.logfiecho "Ryuinferno @ XDA 2012" > /system/preinstall/Test.logecho "Init.d is working !!!" >> /system/preinstall/Test.logecho "excecuted on $(date +"%d-%m-%Y %r" )

And as I mentioned. It does work on MK808b v 1.7 but and it doesn't on MK908 v 1.5.

Comment

pinching and mousing with logitech k400 and other stuff.

i have a mk908 to (finless 1.5 4.2 720P). I controll it with maesy rc11, but it isn't working fine. somtimes it walks over the screen and zoom in orout doesn't work well this way.

So I thought maybe the k400 is a better solution, but I have got a couple of questions with it. is the touchpad big enough for practical use and does the zooming well by pinching the pad?

how does power up work ones it is turned off? now I pull the wall plug and put it again.

the last thing is a question to the man with a lott of credits and deserves some from me to (Finless Bob).
                        is there a program to make to change the bootscreen. this way you everone with every kind of stick can put them their boot.img.
                        personaly I like this one simpel and clean. If it isn't possible, may a littlle poll somwere which to use?

Comment

NON Rooted ROM

Gents,

Any chance there's a ROM for MK908 that's completely Stock and no Root access? I've been trying to run Good For Enterprise on this little guy, but keep getting blocked do to compliance and it detecting Root access. I've tried everything from SuperSU to Hide my Root but it still detects it. I'm not savvy enough to run scripts and what not so just looking to use this little guy to actually work from when at home.

I need to have a NON Rooted Rom however in order for Good to work. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by debber1212 View Post
                            Gents,

Any chance there's a ROM for MK908 that's completely Stock and no Root access? I've been trying to run Good For Enterprise on this little guy, but keep getting blocked do to compliance and it detecting Root access. I've tried everything from SuperSU to Hide my Root but it still detects it. I'm not savvy enough to run scripts and what not so just looking to use this little guy to actually work from when at home.

I need to have a NON Rooted Rom however in order for Good to work. Any ideas?
                            maybe try this: http://highonandroid.com/android-app...versal-method/ or trie to find a cracked app which works on rooted devices.

Comment

removed
                              Last edited by tdriver; 07-24-2013, 20:06. Reason: wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by dezejongeman View Post
                                maybe try this: http://highonandroid.com/android-app...versal-method/ or trie to find a cracked app which works on rooted devices.
                                Can I use supersu to deroot a dunked Bob rooted ROM or will this break the ROM?

Comment

Working...
                                X