X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vlsi2000
    replied
    Originally posted by spica View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know what works with it? Thanks.
    There is a working 1080p ROM combination for the V3.0 sticks.
    I have one and it works at 1080p.

Leave a comment:

• spica
    replied
    Originally posted by Legitsu View Post
    this rom/kernel doesn't work on this stick
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know what works with it? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Legitsu
    replied
    Originally posted by spica View Post
    I'm also getting the Google TV logo and bootloops. Anyone?
    this rom/kernel doesn't work on this stick

Leave a comment:

• spica
    replied
    Originally posted by luciust View Post
    The Google TV logo at startup, just bootloops over and over. This is after flashing to 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM. Any fix to this bug?

I'm also getting the Google TV logo and bootloops. Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• jakfr02
    replied
    Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    Now i haven't heared any feedback from other brand,i will check with those factory.

and new firmware for tronsmart mk908 is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f...0802update.rar
    Would someone be kind enough to point to a resource or explain to a newbie what to do with this img file. I was successful in getting Finless 1.5 on the MK908 but I'm still having Netflix woes. I see img files in the finlessrom folder of the Finless 1.5 extract. Maybe I should rename the new image to system.img and run through the steps on the text file again. Thanks to everyone who post and spend time developing for this device. Maybe I'll get netflix working sooner than later.

Leave a comment:

• luciust
    replied
    Originally posted by KesieV View Post
    Received a MK908 from Geekbuying - probably new hardware: crappy wifi and bootloop with Finless ROM 1.5 - so, I'm confirming.

Edit: Google TV logo at startup.

The Google TV logo at startup, just bootloops over and over. This is after flashing to 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM. Any fix to this bug?

Leave a comment:

• Legitsu
    replied
    Originally posted by KesieV View Post
    Received a MK908 from Geekbuying - probably new hardware: crappy wifi and bootloop with Finless ROM 1.5 - so, I'm confirming.

try that img set
    just make sure you erase the boot AND kernel NAND partitions before flashing
    and make sure you clear the cache

Leave a comment:

• KesieV
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    Originally posted by richarddd View Post
    Is there anyway to repack or to make this work on version 3? This rom only bootloops on that device
    There is a way for the latest hardware to run 1080p kernel.
    Some combination of custom ROM and kernel worked for me.
    When I go back home tonight, I will try to figure out the combination I used.

Leave a comment:

• richarddd
    replied
    Is there anyway to repack or to make this work on version 3? This rom only bootloops on that device

Leave a comment:

• woneal
    replied
    Screen Rotation

Is there a way screen rotation will work in stead of being forced to landscape. I have two devices cx919 and mk908 (1080p) that i want to use for digital signage in portrait mode. I want to be able to control that feature and not be forced to landscape only.

Leave a comment:

• beenii
    replied
    mr. finless,
    do you think you will get around creating a 1.5 finless, based on the new ROM, wich works on the latest mk908's, which are getting stuck in bootloop using the usual released ROM's?
    would be great
    thank you
    beenii

Leave a comment:

• dr_rog
    replied
    bluetooth??

measy RC16 air mouse will not pair but it did with the latest factory rom (however that is quite unstable and crashes out of XBMC)

thanks very much for your efforts - greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• luciust
    replied
    NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    OK folks... The "official ROM came out last night. So basically I did what I did to the BETA ROM.

Netflix WORKS! Also the kernel #21 in this is far more stable in my opinion.

So once again here is my ROM based on the Official 4.2.2 Tronsmart MK908 ROM.

Note: only difference is by POPULAR DEMAND, I change the size of the mouse pointer.

I am calling this a Finless 1.5 ROM to make sure there is no confusion with the BETA.

Enjoy,
    Bob

Features and release notes for my MK908 4.2.2 1.5 ROM:

Features and release notes for my 1.5 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
    BUT you also have parameter file options!
    There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
    Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
    Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    I also updated Google Play to the latest version along with standard APPs.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
    Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
    Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
    Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Yuor device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a MK908 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a MK908.

9) RK Mirroring is enabled as always.
    Also new to Android 4.2.2 is Wifi display.
    If you have another 4.2.2 phone or tablet you can share your devices screen on your TV.

10) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
    In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
    NOTE: This is a NEW version and will not cause your TV stick to crash.
    So if you have already installed RKRemote before you need to un-install it and re-install this version!!!!
    You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
    Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
    ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

12) I have adjusted the mouse pointer size by request!
    Stock rom was 55x55. The normal mouse pointer is 22x28 which is too small for many.
    I made a 35x35 mouse pointer.
    If you want to change that more discuss online and I will tell you how to do it.

13) 1080P Kernel if you want it! Tronsmart also released a 1080 kernel.
    I have unpacked it from boot and made it a choice in this ROM package.
    See instructions IN THE README for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
    720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless 1.5 ROM (245 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Original Android 4.2.2 could not detect my IOGEAR GKM561R 2.4Ghz wireless keyboard. Will this Finless 1.5 ROM allow this keyboard to be connected? Or should I downgrade to 4.1.1 instead ?
    Last edited by luciust; 08-13-2013, 17:03. Reason: typo error

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
    And for the love of god fix the video stutter in the kernels you include with these stock roms! Even if you just use phjanderson's fix... but please do at least something about it!
    I have been wondering, how do you ROM developers able to customize/repack based on the official ROM images released?
    It appears you have some way of configuring stuff, improve/change some, but for some you are looking to the manufacturer to do something.
    Could you care to briefly explain to us how the ROM customization is done and what your capabilities and limitations are?
    Let's assume your audience is someone who knows how to configure and compile custom kernels/modules for a given linux distribution on a PC.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X