Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google-Search bar

@Finless: First - Nice work!

Can I disable the Google-Search bar at the homescreen? I tryed to disable it in the App settings (Google search + the searchengine of the ROM) , but after there is still a gray bar at the top with no use...

I hope the H/W decoding for XBMC is coming soon... It does not work very well for now - Overheating with the 1080 kernel even at the mainmenu

Comment

Originally posted by Pizza View Post
      @Finless: First - Nice work!

Can I disable the Google-Search bar at the homescreen? I tryed to disable it in the App settings (Google search + the searchengine of the ROM) , but after there is still a gray bar at the top with no use...

I hope the H/W decoding for XBMC is coming soon... It does not work very well for now - Overheating with the 1080 kernel even at the mainmenu
      I was under the impression there wasnt a 1080 kernel yet
      TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
      ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
      CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
      Recovery: ClockworkMod
      Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
      Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
      ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
      Kernel: Persus

Comment

Originally posted by Spotopolis View Post
        I was under the impression there wasnt a 1080 kernel yet
        First post:

Originally posted by Finless
        1080P Kernel if you want it! Tronsmart also released a 1080 kernel.
        I have unpacked it from boot and made it a choice in this ROM package.
        See instructions IN THE README for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
        720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.

Comment

I know you can disable and configure the look of the search bar using the Nova Launcher.

Comment

First post:
            Sorry I ment to be in the T428 thread and got mixed up.
            TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
            ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
            CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
            Recovery: ClockworkMod
            Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
            Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
            ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
            Kernel: Persus

Comment

Will finless rom work with a MK908 clone, non-branded

Hi, I bought a non-branded MK908 from china with exactly the same specs as the Tronsmart MK908.

Will I be able to flash Finless rom to this or the other official Tronsmart roms. Finless rom seems awesome!
              Last edited by pitha; 06-07-2013, 15:39.

Comment

pitha: is this just a SPAM? You selling these?

I'm curious as image shows a run of the mill mk908 and the price reflects a legit mk908, What makes you think its unbranded ? or is this why the firmware worked!

Comment

Originally posted by toc View Post
                  pitha: is this just a SPAM? You selling these?

I'm curious as image shows a run of the mill mk908 and the price reflects a legit mk908, What makes you think its unbranded ? or is this why the firmware worked!

This indeed looks like spam but it is not. Within8 days or so this stick will arrive and I can tell more. In the finless roms for the MK808 there was talk of 2 versions of the firmware: one for official branded MK808 and other for MK808 clones. Is was wondering if the Finless rom 1.5 needs a special version for MK908 in my 1st post as it appears to be a clone

Comment

Just got my stick today.

Having trouble with Netflix atm. Turns out it was a router issue. Rebooted router and all is well streaming Netflix!!

Looking good everywhere else in this ROM!!

I'm digging this so far.

I see the chip chop skippity doo dah on videos.

Nothing as bad as I feared at all. Noticeable to me and the Mrs. as well.

Picture looks grand! Colors are better than my 3066 sticks and blacks are deeper.

Will be doing more poking around later this weekend.

Thank you Bob!!!
                    Last edited by bakerbarber; 06-08-2013, 05:05.

Comment

Originally posted by pitha View Post
                      Hi, I bought a non-branded MK908 from china with exactly the same specs as the Tronsmart MK908.

Will I be able to flash Finless rom to this or the other official Tronsmart roms. Finless rom seems awesome!
                      I think I have the same one (I live in China and ordered it on Taobao -- the Chinese "****"). It doesn't say Tronsmart anywhere on the website, the stick itself or on the packaging. Just "mk908". Anyway, Finless 1.5 works great for me!

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jasonlovesangie View Post
                        I think I have the same one (I live in China and ordered it on Taobao -- the Chinese "****"). It doesn't say Tronsmart anywhere on the website, the stick itself or on the packaging. Just "mk908". Anyway, Finless 1.5 works great for me!

Jason
                        Thanks for your answer. I feel confident now flashing the finless rom. Much appreciated

Comment

Bob, thank you so much for all your time and energy spent to bless us all! Followed your directions and everything worked great for me, and I'm not even sure if I have the real Tronsmart stick or a fake. :-)

I live in China and rely on a VPN to get past the "Great Fire-wall" for youtube, facebook, netflix, email, etc., but my company's VPN only seems to work with apps like vpncilla. When I tried it, it said that I'm missing tun.ko, so it won't connect. I saw on this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l-quot&p=71639
                          that Leolas had compiled a tun.ko module for mk808b. I'm afraid I don't know enough about this stuff yet to try it without probably messing something up. Can I just use an app like "root explorer" to push Leolas's tun.ko somewhere?

Anyway, was just wondering if you thought you would put it in a future update, or if not, if you or anyone else had any ideas for how I could do it myself.
                          Thanks!
                          Jason

Comment

Apologies
                            Id like to see a picture, The original Tronsmart packaging only has 2 small references to "Tronsmart" which are added stickers to the packaging nothing else, Its not on the stick. If you peeled the 2 off it would be generic, It maybe that the manufacturer is another company all together.

Comment

Originally posted by toc View Post
                              Apologies
                              Id like to see a picture, The original Tronsmart packaging only has 2 small references to "Tronsmart" which are added stickers to the packaging nothing else, Its not on the stick. If you peeled the 2 off it would be generic, It maybe that the manufacturer is another company all together.
                              Be careful Guys, tronsmart has changed the package for their MK908, see here:

they have found some copied mk908 in market, and have did some change, the copied mk908 won't get custom rom support and other tech support, and tronsmart tell us they will put the OTA update in the original Tronsmart MK908,which others copied won't do that.

Be careful to buy those mk908 without tronsmart logo.

Eric
                              Looking for developers
                              http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Thanks,
                                IMHO From looking at that it definitely looks as though Tronsmart weren't/aren't the manufacture, a part from the fact the T428 and MK980 are close in spec but completely different units requiring different research/tooling/parts/processes, If it were the same manufacturing company they would standardize or just produce one or the other and now it seems Tronsmart have just requested their supplier brand the units with their logo, This is quite common practice, However it does come with its own pitfalls if Tronsmart don't own the design then it can allows the possibility for the manufacturer to sell/make/design units for other companies which could easily be the unlabeled units - I would bet they are made by the same company.

So Tronsmart just add an address to an OTA server to their ROMs?
                                Does anyone do an OTA update ?

I wouldn't like to rely on that, Im cool with flashing these units id like a local copy of the updates to hand!

tronsmart tell us they will put the OTA update
                                As thats stated for the future what about all the people that currently have the original ones do they not get the OTA update anyway?
                                Last edited by toc; 06-08-2013, 13:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X