• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoabycsr
    replied
    Originally posted by vlsi2000 View Post
    Hi Eric,

Thanks again for releasing the latest stock ROM so quickly.
    It unbricked all the recent shipments with the latest hardware revision.

Now the question is when would we see the 1080p version of the latest ROM please.
    My main purpose for buying MK908 was to run it at 1080p.
    1080p ROM existed when I ordered, but that doesn't work with the latest hardware revision.
    Could you please make the 1080p ROM available for those who received the latest hardware revision?

Thanks!

And for the love of god fix the video stutter in the kernels you include with these stock roms! Even if you just use phjanderson's fix... but please do at least something about it!

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    1080p ROM for the new hardware?

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    Now i haven't heared any feedback from other brand,i will check with those factory.

and new firmware for tronsmart mk908 is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f...0802update.rar

Hi Eric,

Thanks again for releasing the latest stock ROM so quickly.
    It unbricked all the recent shipments with the latest hardware revision.

Now the question is when would we see the 1080p version of the latest ROM please.
    My main purpose for buying MK908 was to run it at 1080p.
    1080p ROM existed when I ordered, but that doesn't work with the latest hardware revision.
    Could you please make the 1080p ROM available for those who received the latest hardware revision?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• beenii
    replied
    no kernel82 inside this pack

Very sorry about this. Postet in the wrong thread.

Leave a comment:

• kipux
    replied
    Help Me

Hello all, i'm noob with my Mk908

Can someone explain me if i can update my Mk908 just with a micro sd card ? because it seem to me i have read it's possible ,i know my mk908 is root because i have supersu install

Thanks

Ps : Sorry my english is poor but i'm french

Leave a comment:

• sharpfork
    replied
    I recently received my MK908 from geekbuying. Out of the box it crashed a bunch so after a bit of research, I decided to go with Finless 1.5. I ended up with boot loop fun so I flashed the rom in the post I quoted which is much better than the one that came on and obviously better than bootloopage. I'll give Finless another shot when this all gets resolved.

Leave a comment:

• sistemika
    replied
    Originally posted by kingfisher View Post
    Hi all I am new to this forum. Yesterday I flashed to the 1080P kernel but decided against it as the MK908 got quite hot and had some issues with play store which after a while would not connect, but on the whole the MK908 was still quite slick. Today I flashed to 720p and everything seems to working fine now, with one exception. Adobe flash player 11.1 is not compatible with this rom and does not work. Tried to reinstall but got not compatible with this device. Bluetooth appears to be ok also as my ps3 controller paired just fine.
    Thanks for all your hard work Bob

Sorry, but maybe could you explain how to pair a PS3 controller. I can`t do that.

Thanks for your help.-

Leave a comment:

• sistemika
    replied
    Now i haven't heared any feedback from other brand,i will check with those factory.

Is this firmware Works well with MK908 V3.0?

I have this model, I received one 2 weeks ago, and have watched some issues, for example:

- Wifi does not work well.
    - When I use Netflix, 2 o 3 minutes later the image freeze and sound still playing.
    - When I play a movie in MX player, sometimes it leave the movie or restart the device.
    - XBMC 12.2 (frodo), plays movies very slow.
    - And finally I use droidmote. As us know, droidmote use the wifi connection, the pointer malfunctions, with interruptions (as cuts, I do not know how to says "cortes" or "tirones" in English).

I think it is a problem with wifi of the device, because with the rest of the devices that I have in my house (2 phones, 2 computers and 2 tablets), I haven`t problems, for example netflix works without cuts.

I need to know if the firmware published 2 day ago corrects these problems.

Thank you very much for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Legitsu
    replied
    Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
    I know it's not as good, but you can try this if you like. Video skip problem is fixed with it anyway.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...onsmart-update
    4.2 is noware near ready for everyday usage best to avoid it

Leave a comment:

• hoabycsr
    replied
    Originally posted by Bing View Post
    Bob,

When can we get an updated FINLESS for the MK908s? Geekbuying just posted a new ROM last night, I flashed to it, supposed to fix some heat and wifi issues. I have already modded both my wifi and heatsinks so I didn't see any change there, but generally seemed to run a little smoother than the original firmware. Anyways, I'd like to get the usual FINLESS treatment to the newest version of the official ROM if you got time.

Thanks,

-Bing
    I know it's not as good, but you can try this if you like. Video skip problem is fixed with it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Bing
    replied
    Update to FINLESS?

Bob,

When can we get an updated FINLESS for the MK908s? Geekbuying just posted a new ROM last night, I flashed to it, supposed to fix some heat and wifi issues. I have already modded both my wifi and heatsinks so I didn't see any change there, but generally seemed to run a little smoother than the original firmware. Anyways, I'd like to get the usual FINLESS treatment to the newest version of the official ROM if you got time.

Thanks,

-Bing

Leave a comment:

• videoguyla
    replied
    Just tried something New

Ok good news and bad.. I saw post tonight of new ROM Hurrah! Got my setup ready for a new flash, couldn't find the USB cable supplied by vendor. Got an old beefy cable and what would you know the power light stayed on and was able to boot system. I left the 908 plugged into the PC and it re-booted. OK Cable and lousy Power from PC...
    Finless ROM was running no connection to K400R Keyboard.

My next step is to flash new geekbuying firmware supplied bye our friends. Hang on for spontaneous combustion.
    ... 20 minutes later
    OK good, geekbuying ROM. First startup didn't run. Powered down and up and completed boot. Hear some clicking in the Audio.

Got a reboot.. Ugh.. will let unit run for a full movie from netflix...

Ok So Standard Transmart ROM Works .. Please get heavy duty USB and 2amp PS.
    Now how to get Logitech K400R to work.. Any got this working. Bluetooth in MK908 doesnt' see the keyboard. Using hardwired keyboard and mouse on a powered hub. All OK for now. Thank you geekbuying.
    Question to group should I go to the Finless ROM or stick with Stock from Tronsmart????

Originally posted by beenii View Post
    Thank you very much. I am very pleased with your support!

I was one of the unlucky ones, who got one of the newer MK908's and am now again able to use the device. to the extend of how stable this rom is, i cant attest for now, but it boots up again and this fact makes me very happy. i can confirm, that this ROM works.
    thank you
    Beenii
    Last edited by videoguyla; 08-11-2013, 06:20.

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Legitsu View Post
    the problem is that backwards compatibility some of these devices have problems running stable at their current voltage most likely some may not function at all with the lower voltage
    It may well retain the right level of voltage when it detects older hardware.
    Let's not assume this new ROM drops voltage regardless of hardware version it detects.

Leave a comment:

• Legitsu
    replied
    They may have revised silicon (optical shrink at the least) with their latest hardware that they can lower supply and reduce power consumption.
    Besides, they claim that the new ROM is backward compatible.
    I have no way of verifying that with only one version of hardware at hand.
    But if the latest ROM bricks old hardware, just flash with older ROM to unbrick it.
    Let's not make a bid deal out of it.
    the problem is that backwards compatibility some of these devices have problems running stable at their current voltage most likely some may not function at all with the lower voltage

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Legitsu View Post
    this sounds like a awesome way to brick a bunch of older devices that may not boot at the reduced voltage
    so Instead of fixing there crap heat-sink(if you can even call it that) AND there shotty power supplys they just took some voltage out of it in order for it to impact temps they would have need to have taken at least 0.50v out of it unless there was a new revision from rock-chip this doesn't sound like a good idea at all

They may have revised silicon (optical shrink at the least) with their latest hardware that they can lower supply and reduce power consumption.
    Besides, they claim that the new ROM is backward compatible.
    I have no way of verifying that with only one version of hardware at hand.
    But if the latest ROM bricks old hardware, just flash with older ROM to unbrick it.
    Let's not make a bid deal out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Legitsu
    replied
    According to Eric @ GeekBuying, Tronsmart recently made changes in the WiFi antenna and CPU voltage to address heat problem.
    By that I presume this latest hardware runs cooler and draws less current than the previous ones.
    If one is able to flash with old firmware and have heat issue (or runs hot) then chances are the hardware is not the latest batch that Tronsmart introduced very recently like past week or so.
    Tronsmart acknowledged that their very latest hardware does not work with the existing ROMs and so released one that would unbrick the latest batch.
    I guess this means MK908 boards with v3.0 written on them aren't all the same.
    this sounds like a awesome way to brick a bunch of older devices that may not boot at the reduced voltage
    so Instead of fixing there crap heat-sink(if you can even call it that) AND there shotty power supplys they just took some voltage out of it in order for it to impact temps they would have need to have taken at least 0.50v out of it unless there was a new revision from rock-chip this doesn't sound like a good idea at all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X