• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vlsi2000
    replied
    Thanks for all your responses.

My reset button is just fine.

My MK908 flashes without any error.
    I have tried well over 10 different versions of ROM images multiple times with identical outcome each and every time.
    All the flash tool does is writing ROM image onto the on-board NAND flash and check if writing is done correctly.
    This is done without any error.
    Then this thing should just boot correctly when connected to a reliable power source.
    But it doesn't.

Power supply is not an issue here as it only draws less than 0.5A peak current while doing the boot loop thing.
    I have tried beefy lab supply too.

I'm running out of ideas and leaning towards defective unit.
    But if you guys can think of something I might have missed or worth trying, please let us know.

Some sort of debugging tool would be great.

Leave a comment:

• jimbojones75
    replied
    reboot loop

I had the same issue, must have flashed it 50 times, I new it should work because I had finless 1.5 on it. Turned out the little button inside it was destroyed and presumably stuck down. I cleaned the debris out and hoped it released, it work on next boot.

Originally posted by beenii View Post
    I have a seroius problem. I tried to flash this ROM to my Tronsmart MK908 and now it wont boot.
    Did everything as I was told in the ReadMe and within the Flash Tool, the were no errors or something like it encountered.

But now all i see after powering the device is the "Google TV"-logo and when it is time for a boot-animation, or something like it, the device shuts itself down and boots again to the GTV-logo . I've tried it several times, but with no luck (even on different PCs, both WIN7-64). Even trying to flash to stock, or Finless1.4 wont work anymore. When flashing to the official Tronsmart Update, the logo changes to Tronsmart, instead of GoogleTv, but the same rebooting keeps happaning. Please, if you are able to, would you please try to help me?
    Thank You
    Beenii

Leave a comment:

• hyperlogos
    replied
    Originally posted by beenii View Post
    If someone knows anything about my problem, be it the fact, that my device indeed is a clone, or be it a working solution in form of a flashable ROM (stock, finless, ...), would that someone please let me know?
    I am unexperienced in this departement and unfortunatly not able to affort another one of these devices.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Beenii
    there's been some other people in some of these various rom threads with flashing problems. though it may be tedious, read the whole thread for both finless roms. in short, try, try again. try flashing finless and try flashing stock.

My problem with my Tronsmart MK908 (AFAIK it is real, but who knows? I got it from in4dealz) is that the recovery button is poop. The device seems to work OK though. I have tried finless 1.5 and I am running HFW now and am about to try Finless 1.4 repack with video stutter fix to see if I can have working pinless pairing and working netflix at the same time

Leave a comment:

• beenii
    replied
    If someone knows anything about my problem, be it the fact, that my device indeed is a clone, or be it a working solution in form of a flashable ROM (stock, finless, ...), would that someone please let me know?
    I am unexperienced in this departement and unfortunatly not able to affort another one of these devices.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Beenii

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can debug with a usb->serial adapter that is supported. I have read about it but never done it. So other than what I said, I'm useless.
    Could you please explain it more in detail or point me to where I can find out more?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• hoabycsr
    replied
    Originally posted by vlsi2000 View Post
    I am experiencing the exact same problem as beenii reported.
    My MK908 looks exactly like the one shown in his pictures.

Power is not an issue here as I tested it with a lab power supply.

A PC having a boot loop problem can be debugged and clues can be found easily, but this thing is clueless when it sets itself in a boot loop.

Is there some debugging tool out there we can try??
    I'm pretty sure you can debug with a usb->serial adapter that is supported. I have read about it but never done it. So other than what I said, I'm useless.

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    I am experiencing the exact same problem as beenii reported.
    My MK908 looks exactly like the one shown in his pictures.

Power is not an issue here as I tested it with a lab power supply.

A PC having a boot loop problem can be debugged and clues can be found easily, but this thing is clueless when it sets itself in a boot loop.

Is there some debugging tool out there we can try??

Leave a comment:

• LA_
    replied
    Is there any tool to test network (Ethernet, not wifi) speed?

Leave a comment:

• ermipa
    replied
    MK908-novisign

It would be possible to adjust Rom mk908 worked well Novisign application (digital signage). Because sometimes the application functions 5 hours and stops, sometimes two hours, sometimes 20 hours. It does not work reliably. Please help.
    You can test the key player: a31cfe9c-ac0a-4d87-807e-da9ab9638c24

Leave a comment:

• beenii
    replied
    thank you for replying.
    I just got my device from a company called "geekbuying.com".

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    This symptom is typical of a "clone" device. This happened on the 3066 TV sticks!
    We started seeing clones labeled as MK808 but they were not. After flashing a official ROM, they would just continue to boot loop or hang on the kernel screen.

All I can say is either your stick has a problem or it is not a real MK908 and if so you need the correct ROM for it.

Where did you get the MK908?

Bob

Leave a comment:

• beenii
    replied
    if this was in response to my plee, unfortunatly i have to tell you, that i aswell thought of this and used 3 different "propper" power-adapters in my testing process. but thanks.
    i am a bit desperate, so any help is appreceated. thanks

Leave a comment:

• Legitsu
    replied
    regardless of what the manufacturer says you CAN NOT RUN THESE devices off a USB port in a tv or computer there isn't enough power
    lack of power will cause everything from random reboots,screen flicker,crashes and other weird bugs you must have a 5V 5AMP power supply to run this

Leave a comment:

• beenii
    replied
    I have a seroius problem. I tried to flash this ROM to my Tronsmart MK908 and now it wont boot.
    Did everything as I was told in the ReadMe and within the Flash Tool, the were no errors or something like it encountered.

But now all i see after powering the device is the "Google TV"-logo and when it is time for a boot-animation, or something like it, the device shuts itself down and boots again to the GTV-logo . I've tried it several times, but with no luck (even on different PCs, both WIN7-64). Even trying to flash to stock, or Finless1.4 wont work anymore. When flashing to the official Tronsmart Update, the logo changes to Tronsmart, instead of GoogleTv, but the same rebooting keeps happaning. Please, if you are able to, would you please try to help me?
    Thank You
    Beenii

Leave a comment:

• Legitsu
    replied
    clock speed discussion here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X