X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA_
    replied
    Hi,

I've just received the device and initially tried to use it with standard firmware (android 4.2, built-in 1920x1080), but it didn't work well - the screen was blinking once in 2-3 seconds with such resolution. So, I've uploaded Finless 1.5 ROM (boot1080.img and kernel1080.img only). It works well with such resolution (no blinking).

Then I've installed XBMC (xbmc-20130703-8bc564d-Gotham_alpha5SF-armeabi-v7a.apk). Now when I scan the content there (smb share, Movies), after some time, something happens with Tronsmart - TV looses the signal, so I have to restart the Tronsmart by switching it off/on.

Is there any way to fix that?

Upd. I've experimented more today. Firstly, I've tried to change the screen resolution to 720p - it didn't help, XBMC still causes device to hang. Then I've tried just to keep XBMC opened, without scanning the content - yes, it is also leaded the device to hang. After that, I've tried just to keep android running (without XBMC) - it helped and device was running OK (and was staying cool).
    Then I've tried to play the Full HD video (from the network share, device is connected to the network thru usb-ethernet adaptor) - it is impossible to watch the video thru MX Player (hardware and software decoding) and standard built-in video player - it pauses for a few seconds, waits and then play again. I have no such problem with TV's built-in player and with Asus O!Play media player.
    Now I am experimenting with the power adaptor - used TV USB power before, then standard power adaptor, now connected Apple's iPad power adaptor...

Actually, I am quite dissapointed with the device...
    Last edited by LA_; 08-02-2013, 20:04.

Leave a comment:

• jyams
    replied
    Originally posted by jyams View Post
    I'm at work and my MK908 is at home. I'm trying to find out if this ROM has the "Wifi Display" app included. I'm pretty sure it is included in the stock version. The reason I'm asking is that my tablet just got upgraded and it includes Miracast ability built into jb 4.2.2. I've seen a youtube video showing the "Wifi Display" app in use as a Miracast client and I'm pretty sure the guy was using the MK908 as his dongle. From research it also seems that the T428 will work as a Miracast client using the "Wifi Display" app so it would make sense that the MK908 could do the same. Since I use the MK908 100% for XBMC, I haven't paid any attention to the other apps that are included in the ROM.

I guess I'll figure it out when I get home tonight but wondered if anyone could answer before then. The new Chromecast device looks nice, but I prefer wifi direct technology without going over the internet to send my display to my TV. Especially interested in this because of work related powerpoint stuff. Packing up my tablet and my MK908 to go on a trip to make powerpoint presentations is alot easier than packing all the laptop paraphernalia. Most of our conference rooms use 60 inch displays now rather than projectors. Side benefit is having the MK908 in the hotel room to watch movies via XBMC. Already done that on vacation and it works great!
    In reply to my own question as mad_cow has replied, the Miracast function app titled "Wifi Display" does connect via wifi direct with another Miracast device. In my case, it was my Onda tablet. It works fairly well for using your tablet or phone to run a powerpoint presentation via the MK908 connected to a projector or TV via HDMI. However, pushing video is not of a quality for my preference. I used XBMC to miracast a 1Channel movie to my TV from my tablet and I did not care for the degrade in picture and sound. But, Miracast does work in JB 4.2.2 and on the MK908. It will be interesting to see if the Chromecast device and technology does provide this platform for pushing HD video from your remote device to your TV or similar.

Leave a comment:

• mad_cow
    replied
    Originally posted by jyams View Post
    I'm at work and my MK908 is at home. I'm trying to find out if this ROM has the "Wifi Display" app included........!
    The miracast app is included. I tried it and it works. I wanted to test it to connect my HTC One to the MK908. I should work fine for movies/presentation, but for games there is simply too much lag. I'm ordering a MHL cable for my HTC One, the should be lag free (I hope)

Leave a comment:

• kmellon
    replied
    Beware of rebooting to Recovery

props to the from by finless, but beware of using the reboot app and selecting the recovery option. my fault totally, but I am used to the recovery options on my hp touchpad with cyanogenmod and twerp. I just flashed the 1.5 version of finless and had been updating it and found the reboot app. Thought I would check out the recovery option and ba-da-bing am back to the default system with the wizard looking at me saying "weren't we just here a couple of hours ago?" Anyway, just thought I would toss that out there. If anyone has figured out how to implement TWRP into this system, please let me know. It is really nice to be able to backup the entire rom, contents, and configs in case you dork something up and have to restore. Thanks again finless for your work. I'll be more cautious next time.

Leave a comment:

• jyams
    replied
    Wifi Display app in ROM?

I'm at work and my MK908 is at home. I'm trying to find out if this ROM has the "Wifi Display" app included. I'm pretty sure it is included in the stock version. The reason I'm asking is that my tablet just got upgraded and it includes Miracast ability built into jb 4.2.2. I've seen a youtube video showing the "Wifi Display" app in use as a Miracast client and I'm pretty sure the guy was using the MK908 as his dongle. From research it also seems that the T428 will work as a Miracast client using the "Wifi Display" app so it would make sense that the MK908 could do the same. Since I use the MK908 100% for XBMC, I haven't paid any attention to the other apps that are included in the ROM.

I guess I'll figure it out when I get home tonight but wondered if anyone could answer before then. The new Chromecast device looks nice, but I prefer wifi direct technology without going over the internet to send my display to my TV. Especially interested in this because of work related powerpoint stuff. Packing up my tablet and my MK908 to go on a trip to make powerpoint presentations is alot easier than packing all the laptop paraphernalia. Most of our conference rooms use 60 inch displays now rather than projectors. Side benefit is having the MK908 in the hotel room to watch movies via XBMC. Already done that on vacation and it works great!

Leave a comment:

• leolas
    replied
    Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Originally posted by Captain Kana View Post
    I found another post about turning the tv on after the stick is powered up. That worked.
    Good about wifi, try to change the chanel, use wifi analyzer to see what are the free channels in your house.

leolas

Leave a comment:

• Captain Kana
    replied
    Found Sound

I found another post about turning the tv on after the stick is powered up. That worked.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Kana
    replied
    No Sound, lousy wifi, picture flickers.

I flashed this ROM over the weekend. There seems to be a few issues.

1 TV screen flickers.

2 Lousy WiFi. Drops signal constantly. I am going to hook it up using ethernet. That's always better.

3 I have no Sound. Any help, or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

I have tried 2 other power sources. I also tried to flash back, but could not get the original ROM to download correctly.

Leave a comment:

• leolas
    replied

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
    I hope the next version can include Strauzo's fixes.
    Is it possible to flash only his kernel to check the video performance?
    Yes, it is possible I think, but from today, thanks to phjanderdon there are kernels with the fix for your device. In the kernel development secction of this forum.

leolas

Leave a comment:

• mad_cow
    replied
    I hope the next version can include Strauzo's fixes.
    Is it possible to flash only his kernel to check the video performance?

Leave a comment:

• leolas
    replied

Originally posted by Kasazn View Post
    Thank you very much my good sir! Have a good day.

Don't worry, I know my way around ****. I am an experienced buyer and I'm just showing that link as an example.
    Good then, have fun with it

leolas

Leave a comment:

• Kasazn
    replied
    Originally posted by leolas View Post
    In this device you can use rk42 firm by lewy.
    Be carefull with **** sellers who has low votes, and sell 50$ up things.

leolas
    Thank you very much my good sir! Have a good day.

Don't worry, I know my way around ****. I am an experienced buyer and I'm just showing that link as an example.

Leave a comment:

• Sol-geek-newbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Stability issues like your having are usually power issues!
    Many have had to upgrade to a better power supply.

Bob
    Ah I see, OK thank you for the advice.
    I have now tried 2 other power sources and have the same issues - Does anyone know exactly what voltage/ output the power pack should be? The original adapter that was sent to me has an NZ local adapter (which was wobbly), and on the back printed in small writing it says:

Model: LA-520
    Input: 100-240VAC0.3A 50/60Hz
    Output: 5V -- 2000mA

I have tried with a native NZ adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 power adapter which also outputs 5v and 2A (2000ma). Unfortunately, this has not improved the issue.
    The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes with a special charger which (I'm assuming) provides a higher current output than the USB standard. Without it, the device can actually die, even if the USB cord is

Also - when the unit continually resets, it also resets the date back to 01 - Jan - 1970 which would be funny if it were not so annoying!!!

So - any further advise on what power specs to try as an imporvement on the above?

Leave a comment:

• leolas
    replied

Originally posted by Kasazn View Post
    Hi all,

Can I flash this on a similar TV Box with same hardware?

http://www.****.com/itm/Quad-Core-An...item41750a3d53
    In this device you can use rk42 firm by lewy.
    Be carefull with **** sellers who has low votes, and sell 50$ up things.

leolas

Leave a comment:

• hyperlogos
    replied
    Originally posted by bakerbarber View Post
    Try this:

It works!!

Until there's a better fix or update, this little app works really well to alleviate the video choppiness with this ROM on this Stick.
    Not in my experience. On this rom it is useless on 1 and almost useless on 0.

Has there been any news anywhere on an actual fix for this problem? Does it just have to wait for an SDK 2.0-based ROM to trickle out from Tronsmart?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X