Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

OK folks... The "official ROM came out last night. So basically I did what I did to the BETA ROM.

Netflix WORKS! Also the kernel #21 in this is far more stable in my opinion.

So once again here is my ROM based on the Official 4.2.2 Tronsmart MK908 ROM.

Note: only difference is by POPULAR DEMAND, I change the size of the mouse pointer.

I am calling this a Finless 1.5 ROM to make sure there is no confusion with the BETA.

Enjoy,
    Bob

Features and release notes for my MK908 4.2.2 1.5 ROM:

Features and release notes for my 1.5 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
    BUT you also have parameter file options!
    There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
    Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
    Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    I also updated Google Play to the latest version along with standard APPs.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
    Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
    Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
    Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Yuor device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a MK908 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a MK908.

9) RK Mirroring is enabled as always.
    Also new to Android 4.2.2 is Wifi display.
    If you have another 4.2.2 phone or tablet you can share your devices screen on your TV.

10) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
    In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
    NOTE: This is a NEW version and will not cause your TV stick to crash.
    So if you have already installed RKRemote before you need to un-install it and re-install this version!!!!
    You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
    Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
    ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

12) I have adjusted the mouse pointer size by request!
    Stock rom was 55x55. The normal mouse pointer is 22x28 which is too small for many.
    I made a 35x35 mouse pointer.
    If you want to change that more discuss online and I will tell you how to do it.

13) 1080P Kernel if you want it! Tronsmart also released a 1080 kernel.
    I have unpacked it from boot and made it a choice in this ROM package.
    See instructions IN THE README for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
    720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless 1.5 ROM (245 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    13) 1080P Kernel if you want it!
    Yay! Thanks Bob!

I look forward to hearing performance feedback regarding the 1080P kernel. The heat disclaimer in the geekbuying blog has me a little nervous.

Comment

Thank You once again Bob!

Comment

I seriously need to stop checking this website until my back-ordered MK908 arrives.

I'm going absolutely batty waiting. SO GREAT TO SEE THIS ROM THOUGH!!

The question will be, how fast will I be able to get the package opened and flash Finless on it?

You guys will have all the kinks ironed out before I even have the thing !!

Thanks Bob!

Comment

Thanks Bob! Downloading to install right now.

edit: Can I use this kernel for your 4.1.1 version? I´d like to stick with 4.1.1 and a decent kernel. If I can, just curious if it´s the kernel alone that I need to change with your flash tool or if boot needs to change as well. Thanks in advance!
          Last edited by hoabycsr; 05-29-2013, 02:17.
          If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

You know what's funny....

I just got a business proposition just now asking me if I would join some other site and charge for my ROMs.
            I am not sure that is even legal?
            Maybe it is.... but NO FREAKIN WAY!

You guys are all too much fun to turn my hobby into a business!

Even though this site is mine and Neomode's, that's all the business I want. Everyone coming here and helping everyone

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
              Thanks Bob! Downloading to install right now.
              Please report back if Bluetooth working or not and 1080p kernel performance
              Thanks

Thanks a bunch bob for his hardworking and making this amazing rom.

Comment

Flash and Flash again

I'm going Flash happy today. Thanks Bob

Comment

Sadly, frame skipping/jittering was not resolved. So long I am not moving the mouse, videos are not playing in correct frame-rate regardless of HDMI resolution. I have 1.5 1080p ROM installed.

Comment

Netflix Issues

While I initially got Netflix to work, after a while it stops, then goes back to the menu. Every subsequent attempt to play a video dumps me back to the menu. Rebooting starts the process over again.

And how do I get rig of the screen keyboard?

And 1.5 seems dim to me (or maybe I'm getting old).

Comment

Originally posted by digweed4me View Post
                      Please report back if Bluetooth working or not and 1080p kernel performance
                      Thanks

Thanks a bunch bob for his hardworking and making this amazing rom.
                      I tested bluetooth with my little hmdx jam speaker and it worked right away. I got roughly a 3 foot range at most but it did work. Next I tried the Bose Soundlink II bluetooth speaker and it worked like a champ as well. The range on that was much better but it was also somewhere near 7 times the price of the HMDX Jam. I sadly only have a bluetooth keyboard and no mouse, and the keyboard is not at my house at the moment so that is about all the testing I did at the moment. So far 2/2 worked with no hassle, with wifi on as well, and surprisingly it did all this powered by my pc´s usb port without crapping out. I´ve heard of some people having problematic mk908 hardware but I must´ve gotten one of the good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
                        I tested bluetooth with my little hmdx jam speaker and it worked right away. I got roughly a 3 foot range at most but it did work. Next I tried the Bose Soundlink II bluetooth speaker and it worked like a champ as well. The range on that was much better but it was also somewhere near 7 times the price of the HMDX Jam. I sadly only have a bluetooth keyboard and no mouse, and the keyboard is not at my house at the moment so that is about all the testing I did at the moment. So far 2/2 worked with no hassle, with wifi on as well, and surprisingly it did all this powered by my pc´s usb port without crapping out. I´ve heard of some people having problematic mk908 hardware but I must´ve gotten one of the good ones.
                        did u use 1080p kernel ? how is the performance on 1080p? is it snappy as 720p native kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by digweed4me View Post
                          did u use 1080p kernel ? how is the performance on 1080p? is it snappy as 720p native kernel?
                          didn´t test 1080 yet. I´m playing with this kernel and a 4.1.1 install currently.

Comment

I just installed 1080p kernel and finley's rom and its pretty good. wifi, bleutooth widi display everything working.
                            here are the screenshot of antutu,quadrant and widi mirroring on to my tv.

Comment

digweed4me

running at 1080p is still snappy,

Antutu
                              @ 720p 15000
                              @ 1080p 14000

Ive had it running 30mins, and its warm you wouldn't want it confined but no hot yet.
                              I do have it raised up on the hdmi lead to allow the heat to dissipate, however if it does get warm just running in 1080 then its not going to be the unit for me doing development on.

Comment

Working...
                              X