Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vpn1click

Hi Guys,
    I am in NZ and use vpn1click from android market to vpn to different countries from all my android devices i.e. Samsung S2, Tablet, etc. Its has 7 days free trial as well.
    By using vpn1click, I am able to watch netflix from NZ as its not available in NZ.
    Its funny the this app would not connect to any servers on stock ROM. I have updated to 1.5 ROM and now vpn1click app is not able to start up properly. It says "Getting Server list. Please Wait..". Can you guys try this app on your MK908 and advise.
    I bought this TV stick so that I could have this plugged in living room TV for Netflix.

Await for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Peck View Post
      is it possible that that my Datatraveler USB dongle isn't compatible with Finless 1.5 rom?
      I'd have thought most USB dongles were basically alike, unless it's set up for some kind of windows encryption ? Is it formatted to FAT32 ?

Comment

Originally posted by metsudo View Post
        I'd have thought most USB dongles were basically alike, unless it's set up for some kind of windows encryption ? Is it formatted to FAT32 ?
        It's formatted to NTFS. Weird thing is that there was no problem to connect it with the stock rom.
        I'll try it again, maybe I just missed something.

EDIT: Stupid me. I had the cables in wrong places. Power adapter was connected to OTG-port . Everything works OK now. Thanks for helping.
        Last edited by Peck; 06-13-2013, 17:53.

Comment

Apparently even with this ROM, the MK908 can't play standard 720p, 2850 kbps, 23.976 fps, h.264 video without skipping frames.. I'd estimate the rendered fps to be around 17.....
          Has anyone else got 720p mkv content to work?

I've tried MX Player HW+/HW/SW rendering modes, BSPlayer HW and Diceplayer, but every player has the same problem.

Comment

Thanks Bob

I QUOTE=Finless;69449]You know what's funny....

I just got a business proposition just now asking me if I would join some other site and charge for my ROMs.
            I am not sure that is even legal?
            Maybe it is.... but NO FREAKIN WAY!

You guys are all too much fun to turn my hobby into a business!

Even though this site is mine and Neomode's, that's all the business I want. Everyone coming here and helping everyone

Bob[/QUOTE]
            First of all i wanted to tell you thank you for such awesome roms for all my devices so far. (MK808b, MK908, and the T428)
            But Finless I'm abit new to the minipc scene. My MK908 is restarting everynow and then after what looks to be a crash. Do you think this problem could be fix with a switch of the power supply of do you think the rom was not installed properly. Because during the install I would not be able to get through check at the end or if anyone could answer please do.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvi View Post
              Apparently even with this ROM, the MK908 can't play standard 720p, 2850 kbps, 23.976 fps, h.264 video without skipping frames.. I'd estimate the rendered fps to be around 17.....
              Has anyone else got 720p mkv content to work?

I've tried MX Player HW+/HW/SW rendering modes, BSPlayer HW and Diceplayer, but every player has the same problem.
              There was a discussion on GPlayer (Super Video Floating) in another thread. I tried it and it seems to get the job done quite well. There was a problem with subtitles though, it didn't recognize scandinavian letters from .srt file.

Comment

Originally posted by Peck View Post
                There was a discussion on GPlayer (Super Video Floating) in another thread. I tried it and it seems to get the job done quite well. There was a problem with subtitles though, it didn't recognize scandinavian letters from .srt file.
                Gplayer seems a tiny bit faster, but it's still not rendering at 23,976 fps.. I wish these players had OSD with decoder fps info etc. Is it a MK908 video playback issue or are all the sticks so damn slow? I benchmarked Antutu and got 15k score, which seems ok (I'm using 720p).

Funny how the reviews never mention these problems...

Comment

Backing up

Hey for some reason using the paid version of titanium back up I can't chose the external sd card as a spot to store my backups. Can anyone help with this or am I in the wrong thread? I am using finless 1.5 on my mk908

Comment

I have the t428 and have had no issues with TB Pro. A few things you might try.
                    1 make sure debugging is turned on.
                    2 Reboot the device. If you have CWM installed clear cache and delvik and fix permissions. Try again.
                    3 if at all possible back up your sd card and format it inside the Android OS. Then copy your data back
                    4 just to make sure, you are going to TB-> Prefrences-> Backup Location-> hit the back button until you are at the root DIR and then browse to /mnt/extSdCard/-> Use The Folder
                    If above doesnt work you can always bacup to internal and then move the TB folder to the external after.
                    TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
                    ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
                    CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
                    Recovery: ClockworkMod
                    Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
                    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
                    ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
                    Kernel: Persus

Comment

Originally posted by Spotopolis View Post
                      I have the t428 and have had no issues with TB Pro. A few things you might try.
                      1 make sure debugging is turned on.
                      2 Reboot the device. If you have CWM installed clear cache and delvik and fix permissions. Try again.
                      3 if at all possible back up your sd card and format it inside the Android OS. Then copy your data back
                      4 just to make sure, you are going to TB-> Prefrences-> Backup Location-> hit the back button until you are at the root DIR and then browse to /mnt/extSdCard/-> Use The Folder
                      If above doesnt work you can always bacup to internal and then move the TB folder to the external after.
                      I don't have CWM, when I did a back up and it auto backed up to the internal SD, so now when I click detect folder it only points to internal sd, it doesn't give me an option to chose. Do I format the external sd and wipe the current back up and start from scratch?

im new to titanium back up. I was able to sync my back up with google drive.

Comment

Originally posted by demost View Post
                        I don't have CWM, when I did a back up and it auto backed up to the internal SD, so now when I click detect folder it only points to internal sd, it doesn't give me an option to chose. Do I format the external sd and wipe the current back up and start from scratch?

im new to titanium back up. I was able to sync my back up with google drive.
                        Now that it is on your internal move the whole TB folder to the root of your external sd. Go back to TB and in the backup folder location, click "detect" and select whole device. It will scan and find the backups on your extsdcard. Click use current folder and then you should be set
                        Last edited by Spotopolis; 06-14-2013, 19:20. Reason: clarification
                        TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
                        ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
                        CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
                        Recovery: ClockworkMod
                        Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
                        Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
                        ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
                        Kernel: Persus

Comment

Geekbuying posted Official 1.6 and I gave it a spin

Saw that Geekbuying posted a new firmware version 1.6 at http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...onsmart-mk908/
                          with fixes for bluetooth and wifi.

I was hoping for a fix for video stuttering but no change yet. Moving the (enormous) mouse still required to smooth out video.

Comment

Originally posted by alnames View Post
                            Saw that Geekbuying posted a new firmware version 1.6 at http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...onsmart-mk908/
                            with fixes for bluetooth and wifi.

I was hoping for a fix for video stuttering but no change yet. Moving the (enormous) mouse still required to smooth out video.
                            The batch tool is version 1.6 not the firmware. The other issue I see is that the link for the firmware file is nt the mk908 is the other tronsmart device.

You're saying you used this update and your mk908 is fine?

Comment

Nyko playpad pro

Hey guys,

so I have the nyko playpad pro and its set to HID and it will pair with the mk908 but will not connect. My understanding is that android 4.2 has issues with connecting HID devices. Are their any work around a because the 3d games on the mk908 look amazing and I want to take advantage of my playpad. It works great on my moot Xoom running 4.1.2.

thanks D

Comment

Originally posted by Spotopolis View Post
                                Now that it is on your internal move the whole TB folder to the root of your external sd. Go back to TB and in the backup folder location, click "detect" and select whole device. It will scan and find the backups on your extsdcard. Click use current folder and then you should be set
                                That worked like a charm thank

Comment

Working...
                                X