Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demost View Post
    The batch tool is version 1.6 not the firmware. The other issue I see is that the link for the firmware file is nt the mk908 is the other tronsmart device.

You're saying you used this update and your mk908 is fine?
    Actually, I can't say what version the update is, only that it is an MK908 update.
    This is what it says at Geekbuying,

"Here is the newest rom for Tronsmart MK908, fix bluetooth, now you can use bluetooth keyboard, and improve the wifi display.Here is the newest rom for Tronsmart MK908, fix bluetooth, now you can use bluetooth keyboard, and improve the wifi display.
    Download the firmware here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/5c...4za/update.rar

Firmware update tool download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9..._Tool_v1.6.rar
    Firmware update instruction, you can check here:
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...upgrade-guide/

My MK908 boots up fine. Kernel Version is 3.0.036+, rjh_V_102j2 #52, Sun 9 15:16:38 CST 2013

Vendor software version is 101j2 09-06-2013

Seems to include the standard bloatware. Hope that helps.

Comment

k400 Keyboard Update

Hi, Bob

how can i wake up the mk908 in sleep mode with Logitech k400 keyboard?
      there is not wake up ready ,there will be a correction this way?

Comment

so bob, any status updates? i can report on this...i recently purchased a cube u9gt5 rk3188 tablet...amazing retina screen on this thing, and its all for nothing, cos guess what? it can't play video back worth a damn. built in video player app actually does a pretty good job of playing with no microstutter that i can see. and i've gotten good at seeing it. i compare youtube videos playing back between my ipad 1 and my u9gtv. total stutter. and we've seen different kernel attempts on different devices that have different hdmi output ports. so i am starting to thing that the actual error causing the stuttering might be in the android source for surfaceflinger or related graphics subsystem or the libstagefright or the vpu driver. im pretty sure those are the only 3 things that could really be causing this that are common to all these different devices. they all have same SoC, but different on wifi/bt, hdmi ports, etc. any thoughts?

Comment

Now that we have kernel sources and guys are working on making new kernels, lets see what we come up with. I am hoping this is not a rockchip hardware thing

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

LOADS OF PROBLEMS help

Hey guys,
            I'm having some serious problems with my device
            Just loaded this rom and I can't seem to even install google chrome, the device keeps crashing.
            After about 10 crashes I got it on there and the it crashes as soon as I try to load a page.
            This is not all the device seems to crash all the time for no reason as soon as I try to do anything, But runs fine just sitting there.

I can connect to wifi and my Logitech K400r works fine but as soon as I start playing with apps boom it crashes.

anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by bdarley5 View Post
              Hey guys,
              I'm having some serious problems with my device
              Just loaded this rom and I can't seem to even install google chrome, the device keeps crashing.
              After about 10 crashes I got it on there and the it crashes as soon as I try to load a page.
              This is not all the device seems to crash all the time for no reason as soon as I try to do anything, But runs fine just sitting there.

I can connect to wifi and my Logitech K400r works fine but as soon as I start playing with apps boom it crashes.

anyone have any ideas?
              try using better dc adapter..

Comment

seems ok now

Originally posted by bkling View Post
                try using better dc adapter..
                Thanks this seems to have fixed it I have it pluged into my PS3 no issues

Comment

Skype problem

Hello,

I have such problem with skype, i connect camera - Logitech C270 (its seems to be work). Install skype, make video call, its dailing but when other side hang up - the calling is failed.
                  Without camera the same situation.

What it can be?
                  Thank you.

Tronsmart T428
                  Firwmare - NEW - Tronsmart T428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.5A "Official"

OMG, sorry, i mistaken with thread - please move to NEW - Tronsmart T428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.5A "Official",

Thank you.

Comment

blueputdroid doesnt work with this rom now. any chance to implement to old bluetooth stack?

Comment

Can I use "wi-fi direct" on this rom?

Hi, I am searching for a way to get wi-fi direct working on this rom? Anyone got to make this work on Finless 1.5 rom? I am in the possession of a MK908.
                      Last edited by pitha; 06-22-2013, 20:18.

Comment

Thank you!

Finless, I check this forum everyday, but I registered to show my appreciation for your work on the MK908 rom. It has made a night and day difference on my device. I went from absolutely regretting buying it, to being mostly happy with it. The video problems are much less noticeable in my opinion and I feel the device is also more stable. I originally loaded the 1080p kernel and rom and had a very unstable experience, it was just really chugging along trying to catch up with me, I switched to the 720p defaults you had set and everything was much better.

I encourage you to keep working on it!

Hopefully you won't take some suggestions the wrong way if I list some:

0. This is most important all to me, speed and smoothness. I bought this device as a media player with some web browsing abilities to make my smart tv smarter. I was mortified when I saw video playback on the stock rom. Anything that can make this device snappier and play videos back better will bring this device to another level.

now for some nitpicks

1. The finless boot screen looks like it was created in paint, have a graphic designer make something a little sleeker, improve boot speed

2. Have options for mouse pointers, or sizes. My favorite improvement was how you made the mouse smaller as it was ridiculously huge and terrible when I first got my device.

3. Are you familiar with paranoid android? In PA they have an option to close all running apps on the recently used apps (the button looks like a staircase almost), and then another click will close the app that is currently open. This is FAR superior on a mouse and keyboard interface as clicking and swiping is slow and tedious.

4. I can't put my finger on it, but the notification clock/running apps on the bottom right seems to be different than standard tablets/phones. Getting to the settings takes a few unusual clicks. (could just not be familiar with it)

5. Google Earth seems to crash (I hardly use it though)

6. And probably the most difficult request)) really anything that will have the device act MORE like a mouse and keyboard device than a touch screen device

7. download speeds/browsing doesn't seem as fast as my desktop in terms of data speed, even though I have a perfect wireless connection, is this a limitation of the device?

8. I'm not sure what arrangement I was in, but the google search bar was fast and frankly SEXY on the 1080p kernel (I'm thinking that was the only difference) but when I loaded your rom defaults, it was this chinese rehash of the bar, seemed sluggish and ugly.

Also, can someone explain what the purpose of the wifi display is? I know what it does, but I can't think of any benefit of using it.

Again thank you for the hard work, I look forward to more roms for this device and I hope you and other developers continue to support this device in the future.

Comment

@Kanwisher : Wifi display is useful when your smartphone are more powerfull than your mk908.
                          This allows the use of applications that are not allowed on mk908 but are allowed on your smartphone.

Comment

Help with flashing

Folks, I'm having difficulty getting my Tronsmart MK908 into 'flash mode' ready for flashing.
                            Neither the ROM flash tool v137 or the alternate reboot flash tool sees my MK908.
                            Windows 7 does seem to recognize the MK908 as Windows Explorer does see the files and folders in it.
                            I am connecting the MK908 to my pc via the OTG mini usb port.
                            I have tried different PC usb ports (front and back of the desktop pc).
                            See attached images.

In the MK908 settings I cannot see where to make sure 'USB storage is turned ON'.
                            Under Device USB all I see is 'Connect to PC'
                            Under Storage I see Internal Storage with Total Space,Available, Apps (app data & media content) Cached data and Misc.
                            The under NAND Flash Total space Apps etc.. and SD CARD (empty as it isn't installed).
                            I do see Under developer options, USB debugging is turned off.

I haven't made a hardware reset yet as the thing is actually working but I do want to install the Finless ROM.

Please point me in the right direction!

Thanks

Dennis
                            Attached Files

Comment

Dennisdg, personally I had to use the alternative method. Make sure USB plugged into the otg port. Go ahead and turn USB debugging on. Check under advanced in USB settings to make sure the 3rd option is checked, not the 1st one or the camera option. Make sure you follow the directions on installing the drivers. See if that works for you.

Comment

Stuck in bootloop; loops at google tv screen

Hi, i just soft bricked my device. It is in a bootloop. There was a method with short circuiting some pins of the 808b of the flash chip to get into a special recovery mode and use the Rockchip batch tool to restore rom. Can anyone help me out do this on the MK908 maybe with a photo showing which pins to short circuit so I can get into recovery mode. I tried flashing every kernel, img etc. I think this short circuit method is the way to go now.
                                Any help would be greatly appreciated in unbricking my device... thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X