T428 Finless ROM 1.5A Hulu and Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T428 Finless ROM 1.5A Hulu and Netflix

I have Finless Rom 1.5A installed, and Netflix seems to work pretty well most of the time. Every once in a while it will lock up or go with no sound after watching for like 10 min. Now with Hulu plus installed from the play store, it launch's fine, I am able to browse the selections, and menu's. but when I click a selection to play it comes up and says "strange - try again later or contact support. Meanwhile if i don't click the button you can hear the sound, but it doesn't play video.

This hulu problem has been seen on all t428 roms I have flashed up to 1.5A is as far as I've gone. I am ordering a 2.1 amp power supply for it. Wifi seems to work pretty well, netflix streams fine, a little jitter but not much. I have a powered hub with a 2 TB usb drive attached the media on it streams great. Should I get a usb ethernet adapter? is it worth it if the wifi is strong?

Thanks for your opinions and comments. And also Thank you so much Bob for all that you do for us, and all the other people that help with these roms thank you too.

Hulu Netflix

Originally posted by typhoon View Post
    I have Finless Rom 1.5A installed, and Netflix seems to work pretty well most of the time. Every once in a while it will lock up or go with no sound after watching for like 10 min. Now with Hulu plus installed from the play store, it launch's fine, I am able to browse the selections, and menu's. but when I click a selection to play it comes up and says "strange - try again later or contact support. Meanwhile if i don't click the button you can hear the sound, but it doesn't play video.

This hulu problem has been seen on all t428 roms I have flashed up to 1.5A is as far as I've gone. I am ordering a 2.1 amp power supply for it. Wifi seems to work pretty well, netflix streams fine, a little jitter but not much. I have a powered hub with a 2 TB usb drive attached the media on it streams great. Should I get a usb ethernet adapter? is it worth it if the wifi is strong?

Thanks for your opinions and comments. And also Thank you so much Bob for all that you do for us, and all the other people that help with these roms thank you too.
    Netflix & Hulu don't yet work on 4.2.2 Jellybean ROMs. The "Alpha Test" ROM seems to be the best for Netflix & Hulu. It is 4.1.1 but the HDMI scaling / screen-size adjustment doesn't work. There's probably some sort of work-around for that.

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
      Netflix & Hulu don't yet work on 4.2.2 Jellybean ROMs. The "Alpha Test" ROM seems to be the best for Netflix & Hulu. It is 4.1.1 but the HDMI scaling / screen-size adjustment doesn't work. There's probably some sort of work-around for that.
      In the Alpha test thread I posted how to get HDMI resolution adjusted. Screen scaling can work the same way.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Screen scaling

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        In the Alpha test thread I posted how to get HDMI resolution adjusted. Screen scaling can work the same way.

Bob
        Thanks for your reply Bob. I did find a posting of yours in the experimental firmware thread suggesting how to manually adjust screen scale. I tried this and it didn't work. After mounting in R/W mode and changing the values in Text Editor, the xscale value would stick but the yscale value would revert to "95" and there was no visible change in the screen scaling.

Comment

Working...
        X