Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK908 1080p output broken (only 720p works)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK908 1080p output broken (only 720p works)

Hi,

I just received my mk908 yesterday from geekbuying and the 1080p HDMI output seems broken when set to anything ABOVE 720p.

Every 3-5 seconds the TV gets no signal at all and the problem gets worse after e few minutes - then you can only see the UI for one second and then it gets lost and comes back and so on.

I was wondering if I am the only one with this problem since I couldn´t find anything but praise for the 1080p output...

720p works perfectly fine.
    (my TV accepts 1080p from my PS3 without a problem and it doesnt matter if I go trough my receiver or straight into my TV)

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried flashing to the latest tronsmart rom (06/14 or 07/04) or have you tried flashing it with a finless rom? I didn't experience the same problems you have out of the box, but flashing one of the newer roms may help you with a plethora of issues you may undoubtedly come across as opposed to running the default rom it shipped with.
    Question Reality: Find Your Own Truth!

My MK908 Cooling Mod and Breakdown : HERE
    My RK3188 Github Repos (NOTE: Works-in-Progress!) : HERE

Sent my Epic4G AND Backflip into nearspace... what have YOU done with your phone?

Want to say thanks for something I did/said or DONATE to my drink fund?

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      As the stick was already running on 4.2 I believe it´s the most recent official rom(?)

I actually bought this for netflix but so far netflix 1.8.1 apk has been stopping and buffering every 5 seconds and it takes quite some time till the quality gets watchable. The Wifi-Router is right next to the mk908.

I use netflix on the same router (via cable) with my PS3 and it works flawlessly from the start.
      Maybe will try the finless ROM but read that netflix has even more problems with it.

What really bugs me is that I haven´t seen a single complaint about 1080p output with the MK908 stock rom....

Comment

Working...
      X