Tools for Building Roms, Kernels, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools for Building Roms, Kernels, etc

What tools are you guys using to compile/decompile kernel.img, system.img, etc I've built a couple android roms on my Galaxy Note 2 before but all the files were in zips and these are img plus I have a different kitchen so I'd like to know what I need to set up kitchen for the Tronsmart T428. Thanks.
    Devices
    ODROID XU+E
    -Galaxy Note 3 [
    SM-N9005] | Android 4.3 Antutu 35,755
    -Hackberry A10 | Dual Booting Andriod 4.1 & Fedora 18
    -Tronsmart T428 | T428 Nexus SDK2 Multi-Windows v1.1
    -Ouya Gaming Console | -=StockPlus=- ROM
    Always Making Time To Learn and Experiment

As far as working with single-file roms, here are the tools I use to extract the individual parts or build parts into single-file updates.

for Windows:

for Linux - far more options.

Good luck!
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
      As far as working with single-file roms, here are the tools I use to extract the individual parts or build parts into single-file updates.

for Windows:

for Linux - far more options.

Good luck!
      Thanks I tried this yesterday on Ubuntu 64bit with libssl-dev installed but It's not working for me. I put firmware (update.img) in unpack folder and then choose unpack options and it does nothing. Nothing else seems to work either. Can you possibly give me instructions to unpacking firmware, mounting system.img and unmount system.img. My guess is that I'm missing some dependency. Because the instructions are to simple to mess up.
      Devices
      ODROID XU+E
      -Galaxy Note 3 [

Comment

It´s been a little while but I recall having an issue or two at first that ended up being dependancy related.. I believe I found my answer on the forum of the site where I got that tool.. I´ll do some research and get back to you. I do know that you can just use the linux mount command with the right switches to get the system.img mounted once you have it. Personally I´m more of a kernel builder so as of yet haven´t had too much experience with editing system.img files, though I have done it a few times. But yeah like I say I´ll see what help I can dig up. Got a meeting now and then leaving town tomorrow so I´ll make my best effort to get back to you before that but no guarantees. If anyone else wants to chime in with some help for this guy, feel free!

Also you should check out finless´s Rom Building Tips thread.. it´s named something to that effect anyways.

Comment

It´s been a little while but I recall having an issue or two at first that ended up being dependancy related.. I believe I found my answer on the forum of the site where I got that tool.. I´ll do some research and get back to you. I do know that you can just use the linux mount command with the right switches to get the system.img mounted once you have it. Personally I´m more of a kernel builder so as of yet haven´t had too much experience with editing system.img files, though I have done it a few times. But yeah like I say I´ll see what help I can dig up. Got a meeting now and then leaving town tomorrow so I´ll make my best effort to get back to you before that but no guarantees. If anyone else wants to chime in with some help for this guy, feel free!

Also you should check out finless´s Rom Building Tips thread.. it´s named something to that effect anyways.
          Thanks no rush I appreciate the help. Seeing that you're a kernel builder I was wondering if you'd like to join my Google + Community dedicated for the T428. Anyways thanks again. I will continue my research.
          Devices
          ODROID XU+E
          -Galaxy Note 3 [

Comment

I'm having the same problem, clicking on menu.sh and running it in terminal only brings up a terminal with a blinking cursor and nothing else happens.

Comment

In order for you to run your tools from working project folders you need to create links to the tools in usr/local/bin.

For example:

cd /usr/local/bin
              sudo ln -s ~/kitchen/menu.py menu.py

Do this for all of the tools you wish to run.

Also, make sure you have permissions set to execute these scripts/tools.
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

rk29xx image tools (unpack update image), 7 zip (modify apks), ext2explore (browse and pull files from various system.img), sgs2ext4 (convert incompatible update.img to update.img that can be read by wendal tool), avaboxv2 (decompile .jar files), notepad++ (edit smali files), unpack / mkbootimg perl scripts (unpack/recompile boot.img). Last and most important of all, some form of linux. A lot can be done in windows, but you will need linux for many things also, like mounting of all of your img files to edit.

Comment

Originally posted by shatterstar78 View Post
                  I'm having the same problem, clicking on menu.sh and running it in terminal only brings up a terminal with a blinking cursor and nothing else happens.

sudo apt-get install dialog

It should work then.

Comment

sudo apt-get install dialog

It should work then.
                    Thanks, that solved the problem for me. Using ubuntu 12.04 x64 and its working great. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Originally posted by shatterstar78 View Post
                      Thanks, that solved the problem for me. Using ubuntu 12.04 x64 and its working great. Thanks for the quick reply.
                      No problem

Comment

Still No Luck using the RK3XXX Mod Tool on Ubuntu x64 or Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" Cinnamon (32-bit)
                        as instructed on rockchips dev page. Both dependencies were added on each distribution.

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev [dependency]

sudo apt-get install dialog [blinking cursor fix]

Even made sure I had
                        Nautilus installed.

The only thing I haven't tried is installing Ubuntu 10.04 LTS which is 10.04.4 (Lucid Lynx) I'm guessing? Will try tomorrow if I have time. If anyone can post a video tutorial on maybe youtube of setting up and using the tools that would be great.
                        Devices
                        ODROID XU+E
                        -Galaxy Note 3 [

Comment

Working...
                        X