Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK908 from scratch

Hi!

I have a Tronsmart MK908, with the rk3188 chip in it. I bought this second hand from ****. I installed the finless rom on it, just for fun, and then I installed linux on it (the picuntu one) but it was too out-dated and the latest version of gphoto2 wouldn't run on it (well it would after compiling from source, but then it would just kernel panic an re-boot) and for various reasons, I was not able to do a dist-upgrade. Either way, after all that, I decided to put the finless rom back onto it and use it for something else.

I don't have a windows machine, so I googled until I learned how to do it on linux, but I really effd something up. I erased the NAND and low-level formatted it. And threw it in a pit of fire, then fed it to some angy orangutans. Like somehow there are no NAND partitions on the thing anymore, so there is no ADB, there is no nothing.

So, at this point my googling just sends me in circles, as I am probably missing some basics which makes me not understand what to do. I don't seem to be able to follow instructions to re-partition the NAND so that it can be flashed with the finless ROM. I get errors and things happen that are not mentioned anywhere.

MAYBE, I managed to prema-brick my machine? I mean the fire and the orangutan part didn't really happen, but I did low-level format the NAND. Currently there is no light coming on when I power it up, regardless whether the button is pressed with a paperclip, or pins 8 and 9 are shorted, or power through the OTG port, or power it normally.

The linux machine does recognise it, but none of the tools can do anything with it. All I get is errors. When I plug it in to a mac, the device keeps appearing and disappearing from the list of USB devices. As if it was stuck in a boot cycle. But it doesnt do this on my linux. I have windows trial version in virtualbox under the mac os, but the device disappears before the VM can grab it, then re-appears again for a second.

Do one of you all know where should I start fixing this thing? Is there an already existing place where I can start learning how to partition an rk3188 NAND and things like this?

Please let me know if there are any ideas.

Thank you all!, BTW, this forum has been very useful in learning about my first TV stick! You guys are awesome.
Working...
X