netflix and mk908 = complete FAIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

netflix and mk908 = complete FAIL

This is ment as a warning for anybody considering buying the mk908 for netflix.
    I´ve gone trough 3 different netflix.apk and each has different problems.

Since 4 weeks I haven´t managed to watch a single netflix movie on the mk908.

netflix 1.6:
    runs for 5 seconds and then stops the video

netflix 2.0.2:
    seems to play but with 15-20fps constantly
    (didn´t watch for more than a minute, so it might as well stop after a while like the 2.4.0)

netflix 2.4.0:
    plays very good and mostly smooth but only for about 5-10 minutes.
    then either:
    - picture freezes and sound continues
    - sound disappears and movie plays mute
    - goes back to movie selection screen and won´t resume movie unless you restart the app completely

I haven´t looked into custom ROMs since those seem to have their own problems.
    Knew I was in for some testing and fooling around with such a device but this is beyond what I expected.

Hats off to everybody here for their incredible patience ;-) !
    If anybody´s got a working combination of customROM and netflix.x.apk, I´d be happy to know. Thanks

AW: netflix and mk908 = complete FAIL

Take a look at xda developer there search for the xposed framework and the netflix
    Fix plugin for cm10.
    This should fix your problem.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

hi neomod,

I already tried the xposed thing last night when I saw it here, but for some reason xposed cant get installed. I always get an error message similar to "data/xposed/whitelist missing - not installed"

couldn´t find an answer to that problem... do you know anything about that?
      anyway thanks for helpin.

Comment

A suggestion for developers with mk 908

get my nexus sdk2 multi-windows for T428 and swap kernel and other things for bluetooth and you can have netflix working well.

this is only a suggestion. i don't want strange comments. try does not cost anything.

for sure on T428 work well

Comment

Originally posted by billyhoiler View Post
          hi neomod,

I already tried the xposed thing last night when I saw it here, but for some reason xposed cant get installed. I always get an error message similar to "data/xposed/whitelist missing - not installed"

couldn´t find an answer to that problem... do you know anything about that?
          anyway thanks for helpin.
          It means you didnt install it right. I started a thread about it. Read through the first page for a complete install walk through. That will get it working.

Edit: found it... (you should have 3 apks for this to work)

"You need to install the framework apk and the open the xposed installer from your app drawr. Tick the install button and reboot the device. Once rebooted install the netflix workaround apk and then go back to the xposed installer app and go to the modules tab and check the netflix workaround box and reboot once more to activate the mod. Netflix should now play properly."
          TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
          ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
          CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
          Recovery: ClockworkMod
          Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
          Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
          ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
          Kernel: Persus

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
            A suggestion for developers with mk 908

get my nexus sdk2 multi-windows for T428 and swap kernel and other things for bluetooth and you can have netflix working well.

this is only a suggestion. i don't want strange comments. try does not cost anything.

for sure on T428 work well
            Wich files from nexus and wich one from MK908 rom should i flash? in wich files are modules like wifi and bluetooth? Thanks very much in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Spotopolis View Post
              It means you didnt install it right. I started a thread about it. Read through the first page for a complete install walk through. That will get it working.

Edit: found it... (you should have 3 apks for this to work)

"You need to install the framework apk and the open the xposed installer from your app drawr. Tick the install button and reboot the device. Once rebooted install the netflix workaround apk and then go back to the xposed installer app and go to the modules tab and check the netflix workaround box and reboot once more to activate the mod. Netflix should now play properly."
              That´s the problem mentioned above - ticking install inside the framework-app leads to the error and xposed is not installed... (I did follow the official guide which is basically the same as your´s)

Comment

Re: netflix and mk908 = complete FAIL

Originally posted by billyhoiler View Post

netflix 2.4.0:
                plays very good and mostly smooth but only for about 5-10 minutes.
                then either:
                - picture freezes and sound continues
                - sound disappears and movie plays mute
                - goes back to movie selection screen and won´t resume movie unless you restart the app
                @billyhoiler I have the same problems that you describe. Could you resolve this netflix issue?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by sistemika View Post
                  @billyhoiler I have the same problems that you describe. Could you resolve this netflix issue?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
                  Unfortunately not - I wanted to try the xposed framework trick found on xda developers but my MK908 wohn´t even let me install the framework. Some people had the same problem but nobody posted a solution...

So far I haven´t found any confirmed combination of mk908/rom/netflix version.

Comment

Working...
                  X