Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mk908 is cooking!! and then resets! help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mk908 is cooking!! and then resets! help!

Guys,

Very disappointed with the 4.2.2 versions of the firmware. I thought i'd upgrade one of my mk908 and what a nightmare i've had. I've tried finless 1.4, 1.5 and the new MK908_HFW_1.1.1 just released. All of these firmwares cook my mk908 very badly! after a while of watching a film on xbmc the screen gets corrupted then the device reboots. I've tried lowering the clock speed, and also setting video output to 720p.

The heat produced serious! i'd be really worried on 2 accounts:
    1). Device being left on and potentially a fire starting! my device, and the cables are extremely hot to touch.
    2). The life of the device is probably significantly reduced due to the heat stressing of the components! The device is probably damaged and any firmware / video app will probably cause crash/freeze!

In summary, please flash at your own risk! i wish i hadnt. My other device with 4.1 that was delivered May time is fine! as was this device until recently. Anyhow, can anyone point me to a 4.1 stock rom for the mk908... i cant find it anywhere; and/or any links i find are dead.

Thanks

coolude

You can try this 4.1.1 rom I repacked with vsync fix and whatnot if you like.

If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
      You can try this 4.1.1 rom I repacked with vsync fix and whatnot if you like.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...with-Vsync-fix
      Thanks I'll give it a go.

Comment

use a better 5V power supply
        something in the 5.0 to 5.1V range with a amp rating of at least 5Amps
        current devices(rockchip sucks)
        Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
        Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
        rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Working...
        X