wifi problem !!! t428

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wifi problem !!! t428

I'm in trouble wifi in T428, even with the router to 5 meters away from the mini pc connection is unstable ..... I read the other day here in the forum that may be canals in wifi router .. some help ... thank you! sorry for my bad english !!!

It would be nice if you specify the router type (a/b/g/n/ac). Also specify the firmware.
    T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

also if he has a wireless controller (keyboard, mouse, airmouse etc) connected directly at the usb port that could cause interferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarco View Post
        It would be nice if you specify the router type (a/b/g/n/ac). Also specify the firmware.

Router is TP-Link model: TL-WR740N (b/g/n) !!! FIRMWARE V4. tp-link site

Comment

Originally posted by NixZero View Post
          also if he has a wireless controller (keyboard, mouse, airmouse etc) connected directly at the usb port that could cause interferences.

have a AirMouse Measy RC11 plugged into it!

Comment

Hello People:

I´m just facing the same wirelessissue with the T428. It´s just 6 meters from the wi 3com router I have (STD firmwere since is working great with a couple W7 based PC and other Android devices)

The signal is so weak and unstable that this is becoming frustating. Last night I flashed the device with v1.1.2 Freaktab-Cloud 720p (New Kernel) but did not help much...any other ROM can do solve this issue better?

BTW a wireless Logitech K400r is also present

Thank you and greeting from Costa Rica

Comment

Originally posted by TIRCQ View Post
              Hello People:

I´m just facing the same wirelessissue with the T428. It´s just 6 meters from the wi 3com router I have (STD firmwere since is working great with a couple W7 based PC and other Android devices)

The signal is so weak and unstable that this is becoming frustating. Last night I flashed the device with v1.1.2 Freaktab-Cloud 720p (New Kernel) but did not help much...any other ROM can do solve this issue better?

BTW a wireless Logitech K400r is also present

Thank you and greeting from Costa Rica
              there is a newer version available.... try that one.

Comment

Originally posted by tdriver View Post
                there is a newer version available.... try that one.
                Thank you Tdriver

Done...this new ROM is just a liiiitle better but still wondering why this device is so weak managing internet :S

Now I´m wondering if any of the Finless ROM can provide a better performance? any idea? someone?

Comment

Wifi issue

Solving wifi issue is hard to manage since there are so many router. Since the time I read this forum lot of factor had been mention.

First of all you should unplug your router for 10 seconds at least and plug it back. Reset your router is even better (but if you don't know how to set it forget about resetting),remember your router IS the network. If you use a N router and do not need b/g set your router without backward compatibility. More the security level is hight more data is needs to communicates between devices (try to lower security protocol). Weak signal is common with those stick, if you have your router far away you should use an ethernet adapter (in all case this is a reall better configuration). You can use powerline adapter (some cost 39$ a pair) to avoid runing cable everywhere. You can also use a wireless extender (more expensive) near your tv but again wifi is realy weak in those device. Personaly I use 802.11ac router and wireless is solid and I can play 720p video file without problem, for 1080p I use sdcard or usb stick.

ehome is known to cause network problem, disable it.

Those sticks have a another problem, if you use a simple band 2.4Ghz router it nearly impossible to stream video and use bluetooth at same time, it's worst if you use remote adapter directly in usb port. All of them use 2.4Ghz and interfere each other. To make thing work a little bit easyer use a usb hub to plug your remote receiver. If you intend to use bluetooth speakers or headphone, turn off wifi or use a dualband router.
                  T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Perhaps..
                    You can test something....
                    I read on xbmc.. a user stated
                    That removing his measy rc11 improves his reception..

Just a thought... cheers

Comment

Thank you guys for the kind suggestions...yes due the desperation I was considering get those devices such as the powerline w adapter or USB hub with network, but then I realized that in my case there is no sense of continue paying for adding more stuff in order to make this device works as is supposed to do.

So for testing purposes I´ve moved the wireless router just next to the T428 and "
                      voilá" now the internet is runing fast. My conclusion is that the Tronsmart T428 is extremely weak on wireless, and this poor desing of the most important and dependable element (conection) make this gizmo a real deception

I´m still considering return the device and add a few $ to get another cheap tablet

Comment

Working...
                      X