Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRONSMART Mk908 hughe Problems please look inside

Hi guys
    Have bought a MK908 from geekbuying.com and recieved it yesterday. So on the Stock Rom i couldn´t connect to my local WiFi ..well ive read before i bought the mk908 tronsmart that the wifi signal could be crappy . So i decided to flash a custom rom on it , d/l the finless Bob 1.5 Rom , did the step by step flash as written on the info file . Worked well , no error , only the 2048 was not reached on flashing , only up to 2042.

So flashed, disconnected from the pc , heading over to the TV , plugged in, GOOGLE TV displays but then started into a boot loop ... so back on the pc with the mk908, re-flashed it . didnt worked .. so ive tried all given custom roms in here and only the MK908-V3-android-4.2.2-jjhmod-v1.0 did work , the "latest" official stock rom keeps boot looping too and if it comes booted it crashes on the install wizzard (freeze+reboot) .
    or just on trying to get a connection established .

Another think is, i bought today a USB to Ethernet Adapter from Logilink , but the MK908 with the jjhmod and the stockrom (when it comes so far on booting) cant find it /does not work , tried to plug it via OTG and the other usb port .

The Weird thing is, if i set my Samsung s3 as a local WiFi Hotspot, it will connect without anyproblems with the mk908... but extreme slow (would say ISDN is high speed instead of what comes thru the wifi) even if the mk908 says wifi connection execellent (4 of 5 bars) .

Thanks for reading (sorry for the bad english it is not my mothertongue)

hopefully someone could gimme a hint atleast to get one rom stable running and maybe the ethernet usb adapter

Originally posted by germanguy2k View Post
    Hi guys
    So flashed, disconnected from the pc , heading over to the TV , plugged in, GOOGLE TV displays but then started into a boot loop ... so back on the pc with the mk908, re-flashed it . didnt worked .. so ive tried all given custom roms in here and only the MK908-V3-android-4.2.2-jjhmod-v1.0 did work , the "latest" official stock rom keeps boot looping too and if it comes booted it crashes on the install wizzard (freeze+reboot) .
    It may not help.... but you are not alone! I spent hrs last night with Google TV boot logo loops and complete non-booting on different roms on my 908 v3. Sometimes I also got a blue lockscreen page of one of the roms, but with horizontal flashes of interference, for a couple of seconds then crashing.
    The only rom which finally booted for me was also a jjhmod rom, but v.2.2 universal (using 1080p kernel and 1080p sys image).

What seems to have caused the problem for me was:
    1. Drinking red wine then starting to flash roms
    2. Flashing Lewy newest rom with included flash tool, then straight away trying to flash a really fast Hoabycsr v1 kernel to my v3 stick using the flash tool included with Hoabycsr rom/kernels (maybe even also mismatching resolution on sys image and kernel).

But system seems to be running fine again now, also with Lan adapter (short white cable version).

Comment

Originally posted by Desperado_22 View Post
      It may not help.... but you are not alone! I spent hrs last night with Google TV boot logo loops and complete non-booting on different roms on my 908 v3. Sometimes I also got a blue lockscreen page of one of the roms, but with horizontal flashes of interference, for a couple of seconds then crashing.
      The only rom which finally booted for me was also a jjhmod rom, but v.2.2 universal (using 1080p kernel and 1080p sys image).

What seems to have caused the problem for me was:
      1. Drinking red wine then starting to flash roms
      2. Flashing Lewy newest rom with included flash tool, then straight away trying to flash a really fast Hoabycsr v1 kernel to my v3 stick using the flash tool included with Hoabycsr rom/kernels (maybe even also mismatching resolution on sys image and kernel).

But system seems to be running fine again now, also with Lan adapter (short white cable version).
      ive flashed MK908-android.4.2.2.jjhmod.universal.v2.01 and looks stable for the moment, but cant really test in full because of no real wifi . the logilink http://2direct.de/i-sell2u/images/da...tt/UA0025C.pdf adapter does not work on the mk908 . also on my win7 x64 does not work so gonna bring it back to the store and hopefully they have another device for testing

Comment

It was the same for me. Solution: I bought a WiFi repeater (this one http://www.saturn.nl/mcs/product/ISY...tml?langId=-11) and everything works like a charm (practically you will be connected to other network)!
        The reason: your MK908 Api wifi is not compatible with your router!
        http://www.MayBeSmart.info
        The Best Tutorial Site!!!

Comment

but my router (ZyXEL NBG-417N) has 802.11 b/g , the mk908 should be working with it baseline ?

i will give the stick to my brother tomorrow to let him check it out on his wifi network .

btw atleast MK908-android.4.2.2.jjhmod.universal.v2.01 ROM works .

and what ive noticed on Wifi connection with my 3G Samsung s3 as Wlan Hotspot for the MK908, websites are building up with moderate speed (a simple google search with default browser takes ~10secs) but a small APK from the PLAY store like Ethernet Droid (110kb size) takes ages ...

Comment

but my router (ZyXEL NBG-417N) has 802.11 b/g , the mk908 should be working with it baseline ?
            I also have b/g router which gives verry low speeds. I read in other posts that you need an 802.11 N router to get better speed.

btw atleast MK908-android.4.2.2.jjhmod.universal.v2.01 ROM works .
            and what ive noticed on Wifi connection with my 3G Samsung s3 as Wlan Hotspot for the MK908, websites are building up with moderate speed (a simple google search with default browser takes ~10secs) but a small APK from the PLAY store like Ethernet Droid (110kb size) takes ages ...
            Yes, same here. jjhmodev2.01 works really well except wi-fi. Sometimes I get 2.5Mbps speed, but most of the times I only get less than 1Mbps. I have ordered USB to ethernet to make my stick somewhat useful. BTW, on wifi lan speeds are fine to stream movie or music from other phone/laptop.

Comment

there are many options that worked for people with regard to wifi porlems.

Making the long story short at this point the ultimate and cheapest solution is usb to lan converter (like this) . (wifi repeater mentioned by ionutzica sounds right too.)

Now the long story:
              Decent PSU (May solve a lot of problems)
              Checking with wifi analyzer app to find better wifi channel.
              Changing setting for the router like security , channel etc. might help as well.
              Replacing router.
              Wait for a solution by rom devs here.

Comment

solution

ok , my rj45 ethernet to usb adapter works flawless , speed is good enough to stream stuff . It is the white one (which is posted above) , no logilink logo on it , so i asumme it is a copy but works . paid 8euros for it and worth it . at my brother place (he is using a fritzbox router) the stick works fine (with WiFi)too , so my router is not compatible with the wifi chip on the mk908 .

Comment

solution for me

I found out wifi is working properly if using usb mouse but with wireless mouse so horrible <1mb..might be interference of 2.4Ghz device & Wifi..
                  So I placed usb extension cable(~50cm) to plug wireless dongle..wifi reception will improve dramatically ~20mb..lucky tried..

Comment

Re: TRONSMART Mk908 hughe Problems please look inside

Originally posted by asr7997 View Post
                    I found out wifi is working properly if using usb mouse but with wireless mouse so horrible <1mb..might be interference of 2.4Ghz device & Wifi..
                    So I placed usb extension cable(~50cm) to plug wireless dongle..wifi reception will improve dramatically ~20mb..lucky tried..
                    Nice.... I'll try.
                    Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

networking and file transfer too slow

Hi guys
                      Have bought a MK908 from geekbuying.com and recieved it yesterday. So on the Stock Rom i couldn´t connect to my local WiFi ..well ive read before i bought the mk908 tronsmart that the wifi signal could be crappy . So i decided to flash a custom rom on it , d/l the finless Bob 1.5 Rom , did the step by step flash as written on the info file . Worked well , no error , only the 2048 was not reached on flashing , only up to 2042.

Another think is, i bought today a USB to Ethernet Adapter from Logilink , but the MK908 with the jjhmod and the stockrom (when it comes so far on booting) cant find it /does not work , tried to plug it via OTG and the other usb port .

The Weird thing is, if i set my Samsung s3 as a local WiFi Hotspot, it will connect without anyproblems with the mk908... but extreme slow (would say ISDN is high speed instead of what comes thru the wifi) even if the mk908 says wifi connection execellent (4 of 5 bars) .

Thanks for reading (sorry for the bad english it is not my mothertongue)

hopefully someone could gimme a hint atleast to get one rom stable running and maybe the ethernet usb adapter

i also bought two mk908's v3 and on both devices and one of them with couple of different roms i had the same result network (wifi and ethernet) and file tranfer too slow i downloaded torrent's on both devices and download speed never went past 380kbps even copying xbmc.apk file i think it was more then 60mb in size from my nas box the speed was less then 380kbps also i copied same file with a very old android tv box aml8726-m1 which is a single core 800mhz 512mb ram and 2gig nand thiz device transferred the same file with average speed of 1.7mbps

Comment

Working...
                      X