Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB WiFi mk908 v3

Hi Guys,

I have an mk908v3 (in bedroom) and i am running 8/29/13 NEW MK908-android.4.2.2-jjhmod-v2.2 Universal Rom

I am trying to setup my PC utorrent to download torrents and send them to a samba share (usb storage) on the mk908 so when i go to bed my shows are on the local storage ready to watch.

With the internal WiFi this is not working well. So i wanted to try and use USB Wifi (RTL8187L)
    I have been searching google for a long time and have not found a way to get this USB WiFi working.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic!!!
    Is there a way to get some drivers for android and get this dongle working ?

Thanks

Originally posted by zanzibar View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have an mk908v3 (in bedroom) and i am running 8/29/13 NEW MK908-android.4.2.2-jjhmod-v2.2 Universal Rom

I am trying to setup my PC utorrent to download torrents and send them to a samba share (usb storage) on the mk908 so when i go to bed my shows are on the local storage ready to watch.

With the internal WiFi this is not working well. So i wanted to try and use USB Wifi (RTL8187L)
    I have been searching google for a long time and have not found a way to get this USB WiFi working.

Thanks
    I would rather suggest you to install utorrent from market on your mk908 and use the device for torrent downloads instead of PC.

Comment

Originally posted by ADD View Post
      I would rather suggest you to install utorrent from market on your mk908 and use the device for torrent downloads instead of PC.
      Yes but it is much nicer to locate and get my torrents from my PC rather than have to go into bedroom and use f10 to do all this.

Plus i get better download speeds on my PC

I mostly download 720p episodes and movies. I have tried to watch them from NAS via Wifi but it was glitchy. My mk908 says WiFi is excellent and 54Mbps (Which i would think was enough but it is not reliable to watch from network storage.

Comment

If there was a reliable way to remote desktop the mk908 i would use pc to setup the downloads and i would be happy with this???

Ive tried teamviewer but no luck. Maybe VNC or similar??

I would really love to try the USB WiFi mostly!!

Thanks

Comment

If there was a reliable way to remote desktop the mk908 i would use pc to setup the downloads and i would be happy with this???

Ive tried teamviewer but no luck. Maybe VNC or similar??

I would really love to try the USB WiFi mostly!!

Thanks
          What I do is I locate and download torrent files from my PC to a shared folder and then just click them from my android miniPC and the dowload starts.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Try to use the update 08/02 firmware stock from tronsmart here http://www.tronsmart.com/download

I solved the problem with wifi, while with the other rom I've always had problems

Comment

Hi Guys,

None of the custom firmware does not include a module for support USB-WIFI.

I tested a lot of them. I looked at the kernel sources (exmpl marvin+phjanderson kernel). Support rtl818x - off altogether. It's not even in the kernel configuration.
              To do this, go to the rom-developers and ask them to do it. I asked them to do it, but no response.

Comment

Working...
              X