Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tronsmart T428 Guide - Almost perfect - Android TV + Media Centre + Gaming Console + WiFi Display.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart T428 Guide - Almost perfect - Android TV + Media Centre + Gaming Console + WiFi Display.

I recently bought Tronsmart T428 Android Tv Stick from geekbuying for about Indian Rs 5000/-

I tried around 6 ROMS from various sources and finally managed to get quite a few things
    to work stably and here's my observations and guide which i noted along working on it.

My Setup.
    1. Tronsmart T428 -
    Rooted - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ooting-package
    Having RKRemote v2.0.2 on phone - http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...roid-tv-stick/
    2. Windows 7 64 Bit desktop for rooting/ flashing ROM's etc
    3. AOC 27" 1080p LED Monitor
    4. Microsoft Wireless 2000 Desktop Keyboard and mouse (instantly detected)
    5. TP-Link N300 300Mbps ADSL+ Wireless Router (WD8970)
    6. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.3 OS)
    7. Logitech K400r Wireless Keyboard Touchpad (Works fine)

Here's the List of ROM's installed in the order of best stability and usability

1) Tronsmart - Official - Currently using it (Rooted) Best stability.
    Installed : 2013-06-15 Update 4.2.2 ROM (720p).
    Tronsmart is a leading brand innovating cutting-edge audio products such as speakers & headphones with premium sound quality.

2) freaktab -lewy

Tried with v1.2.1 and v2.0.3
    Issues Faced - Initially good but became unstable and started crashing often after installing more apps

3) freaktab - strauzo

Tried with a) T428 Nexus 07.13.2013 , b) T428 Nexus SDK2 v1, c) T428 Nexus SDK 2 Multi-Windows v1.2
    Issues faced - Soft Keyboard did not pop up when using microsoft wireless mouse.

4) arctablet - kasty

Issues Faced - Was crashing and very unstable for me

Test as a HDD or NAS media player
    I had set Android Settings -> Screen -> HDMI Mode to 1920x1080p-60 as it gave me the best display quality
    (FYI the tronsmart ROM is a 720p only ROM)
    Installed Dice player which can connect to my Iomega ix2 NAS with router placed around 30 feet away.
    Wifi signal was very stable (no signal dropping)
    Test1 - Played a few 720p Bluray Rip MP4/ mkv format movie file (File size between 1GB to 2GB)
    - Played perfectly (no crashing or stuttering)
    Test2 - Played a few 1080p Bluray Rip MP4/ mkv/ avi format movie file (File size between 2GB to 4.5GB)
    video stuttered for initial few seconds but got stable and worked fine.

Also tried playing videos with MXPlayer and ES Video player via ES Explorer connected to NAS which worked fine.
    Installed XBMC 12.2 Frodo and worked beautifully over the NAS, played all formats, resolutions with ease
    I dont use Online video streaming services like Hulu or Netflix so did not test for that.

Test as Wifi Display/ Miracast Dongle.
    How i connected.
    1. Click on Wifi display on the TV stick and keep it open
    2. Click on Screen mirroring widget/ setting on your 4.3 OS android Phone or Allshare Cast setting on OS < 4.3
    3. Phone would find and recognize the device as eHomecentre (you can change this name).Click on it to connect it the TV
    4. Accept the connection request on TV.

With above process i was able to connect successfully with Note 2.
    but screen of phone did not reflect on the TV stick (mirroring).
    What worked was going to Gallary App or Samsung Link app and opeing a photo and the clicking the Screen Mirroring icon on phone
    which streamed the photos to TV. Similar process for videos did not work. It crashes after a while showing it up as processing.

Test as Gaming Console
    I was able to play some games comfortably using the
    1) Microsoft 2000 desktop mouse and keyboard
    simple games like Jetpack joyride which just require a single touch worked with the left click of the mouse.
    2) Another controller was this amazing RKRemote v2.0.2 app on my note 2 phone.
    it connected to the T428 instantly and i was able to play games using the Game pad mode.
    it supports gsensor and gyro which can be enabled on the RkRemote app
    so you can play racing games like "Fast Racing 3d" on TV by tilting your phone on either side.

The only problem i'm facing is due to orientation lock to Landscape by the ROM
    Some of the games like Dots and Subway surfers which are portrait games are getting cut at the top and bottom

Its a 720p ROM and I have tried by setting the display setting to 720p-60/ 720p-50/ 1080p-60 and none of setting worked.
    I am expecting the TV stick to autofit the game vertically (black bands may appear on sides).

I saw a thread where Finless bob had done some mod to Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.1.1 - Finless ROM 1.4 for screen rotation
    Allowing screen rotation for individual apps
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-1-4.

Need to explore how Wiimote and Xbox controller can be used with this stick.

Conclusion
    i am very happy with this new android device.
    The observations above are all what i experienced in my 2 day adventure to make this gadget work hard and do all that it can.
    i could be wrong at places also. see what your observations are and provide feedback. i'll be happy to change accordingly.

Finally thanks to geekbuying, freaktab and all the excellent modders (Finless bob, strauzo etc) who are helping making this device more and more useful.

-Jagdish
    Last edited by jagdish; 12-13-2013, 01:47. Reason: removed extra line breaks

Thanks for the guide, jagdish, very useful!
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Re: Tronsmart T428 Guide - Almost perfect - Android TV + Media Centre + Gaming Console + WiFi Display.

I loaded finless 1.5a - no issue playing 720p or 1080p with nearly any player. Have MX and Wonder - also use ESplayer over network share.
      Only two small issues - Bluetooth does not connect automatically on boot, but can force and it works fine till I reboot again.
      The other is, I am connected with USB Ethernet adapter and status bar says 'no internet' but it works just fine.

Nice unit - happy user, just hope to continue to see v1.6 or other ROMs released in the future.
      Would really like 'justXBMC' (like from X7) - that would be way cool.

Fun stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by andyj View Post
        Nice unit - happy user, just hope to continue to see v1.6 or other ROMs released in the future.

Fun stuff.

you can install any minix neo x7 rom on t428 (not the MINI ones) without any problem, keep in mind that t428 has way worse cooling than x7 so mind about overclocked ones - justxbmc afaik should have a slight overclock so it could make for some problem.
        Last edited by NixZero; 12-06-2013, 13:42.

Comment

Originally posted by NixZero View Post
          you can install any minix neo x7 rom on t428 (not the MINI ones) without any problem, keep in mind that t428 has way worse cooling than x7 so mind about overclocked ones - justxbmc afaik should have a slight overclock so it could make for some problem.
          I'm a nube, I know you have installed the new neo x7 Finless 1.8 on your T428. I was wondering can I replace the T428 Finless 1.5A with 1.8? Just follow the direction included in the 1.8 zip?
          FLHT = Harley
          HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
          Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by andyj View Post
            I loaded finless 1.5a - no issue playing 720p or 1080p with nearly any player. Have MX and Wonder - also use ESplayer over network share.
            Only two small issues - Bluetooth does not connect automatically on boot, but can force and it works fine till I reboot again.
            The other is, I am connected with USB Ethernet adapter and status bar says 'no internet' but it works just fine.

Fun stuff.

I flashed the Just XBMC on my T428 and used Whufclee's XBMC 3.2 Stable folder pack as an overlay... works very well indeed

PS 99% of X7 roms work fine on the T428

Comment

Ace9094 - Where did you get the "Just XMBC" rom?

Comment

Originally posted by Clownzer View Post
                Ace9094 - Where did you get the "Just XMBC" rom?

Comment

This new Rom is AWSOME..
                  http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...VECLINUX/page3

HOWEVER, The Kernel does not have AP6330 Wireless chipset support. Everything else is SMOOTH as cream. XBMC in package and runs 1080p very nice. Comes with overclock app. GPU SUPPORT GL2.0

Does anyone know how to add AP6330 Wireless chipset support to this Kernel?

Comment

Working...
                  X