X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I unbricked TV01 CS968 V3.

1: Take cover off of box.
    2: Run RkBatchTool
    3: Plug usb into OTG on unit. Not into Pc yet.
    4: Jump pins 8 and 9 with something conducive ( I used a needle ). Pic included.
    5: While jumping the pins plug the usb cord into Pc, If you have a good connection on the pins you should hear the "bonk" in Windows and see a blue light in connected devices. You now in MaskRom mode.
    If you do then move to step 6 otherwise unplug from Pc and try again till you get the blue light.
    6: Choose firmware
    7: click Restore and wait for success!!

I have read that nand chip likes pin 5&6, 6&7, 7&8 or 8&9. as jumpers but 8&9 worked for me multiple times. Don't get in a hurry it may take a many tries.

I think that covers it, if not just ask.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by brick0044 View Post
    4: Jump pins 8 and 9 with something conducive ( I used a needle ). Pic included.
    5: While jumping the pins plug the usb cord into Pc, If you have a good connection on the pins you should hear the "bonk" in Windows and see a blue light in connected devices. You now in MaskRom mode.
    If you do then move to step 6 otherwise unplug from Pc and try again till you get the blue light.

I have read that nand chip likes pin 5&6, 6&7, 7&8 or 8&9. as jumpers but 8&9 worked for me multiple times. Don't get in a hurry it may take a many tries.

Thanks for that valuable information
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

No problem, With all the help I got around here its the least I could do.

Comment

Originally posted by brick0044 View Post

Mods Please Make This Thread A Sticky, Thanks In Advance Mods ... Awesome Info brick0044 ...!

Comment

No recognizen USB

Hi Tech 1,

any change you could help me with this problem?
          Some how my pc does not recognize my cs968 tv box any more.
          Already try to reinstall drivers,reset ect.but still no succes.
          Any ideas?

Thanks Wijt

Comment

[QUOTE=Wijt;146791]Hi Tech 1,

any change you could help me with this problem?
            Some how my pc does not recognize my cs968 tv box any more.
            Already try to reinstall drivers,reset ect.but still no succes.
            Any ideas?

Is he box functional on the tv or is it dead?

Comment

Seems to be death.
              But I found an article here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7670-Windows-8-1 an it looks like I can flash again.
              So hopefully I can get it starting again.
              If not,I will get back to you.

Thanks in advanced.

OK worked just fine for me.
              Went real slow but finaly it was on and working.
              Last edited by Wijt; 02-16-2014, 19:34.

Comment

stuck on R-BOX logo

Hi guys. This is my first post here and I am noob on Androids in general. Also, my English is not the best.. So, be patient with me please.
                Well, three weeks ago I received from Geekbuying a CS968. I used it without a problem till now but suddenly yesterday after switched on device got stuck on logo. I tried several times to switch on/off but no result. Is that bricked or what?
                Could you advise me what steps should I follow to activate?
                I read some solutions here and there but I do not know which one to chose.
                Please help!
                Thanks in advance

Comment

Are you leaving it on there very long? Mine takes alittle while to get off that screen. If it is staying there you can reflash it. Any one of people can tell you how if you would like.

Comment

Yes, I left that half hour about, but nothing. I also changed power adapter and all connected cables but no result.
                    Well, I have read somewhere how to reflash but as my device does not boot, not possible to get into settings. Is that bricked? By the way, light is constantly blue.
                    So, maybe should I follow your instructions as reported on your head post of this thread? Thanks for replay. George

Comment

Download rkbatchtool and the firmware for your box. Do you know what version it is? You have to open the box to see that. Open rkbatchtool and push the reset button in on your box while plugging in the power and you should see the green light come on in rkbatchtool. If it does you can flash the firmware by clicking restore.

Comment

I don't think it is bricked. And you don't need to get into settings to flash.

Comment

crash

Well, I got this TV Box from geekbuying. I wrote to them and they proposed me this firmware http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UxLW-2dWHDc
                          " This firmware is only for itemcode 320161 " as they say.
                          What do you think? Should I trust them and try with this, or to open the box and see?
                          By they way, where the bolts are to open? Are they under the rubber pads?
                          Also, shall I need drivers to install, isn't it?
                          Thanks for information, you are very helpfull.
                          George

P.S. Hmm...all links (firmware, RK tool, drivers) are corrupted..
                          Last edited by guideman; 03-02-2014, 07:41.

Comment

Yes I think you can trust them. I would try to flash the firmware. Here is a link to the tool for flashing: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featur...tch-tool-v1-6/. It has the drivers included. If you have to open the box, the screws are under the rubbers.

Comment

Well, all about tool and drivers has done correctly.
                              Process was right, firmware installation correct, but probably firmware not the right one.
                              Now device try to boots looping from penguins to logo and again from penguins to logo etc..
                              I did not open box to look inside yet, but anyway I do not have other available firmware to check. Any advice?
                              Thanks for your support
                              Last edited by guideman; 03-02-2014, 23:16.

Comment

Working...
                              X