Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS968 - JB - KitKat and XBMC :-)

Hi everyone.
    I am just opening this thread so we can speak for our experiences on using XBMC on our CS968!
    I am posting my results. My tests are made using some FullHD 1920x1080 video/audio test files, and movies PLANES (mkv 4.5gb) and Avatar (mkv 11gb)
    Tests are doen by using JB and KitKat , and XBMC versions 12.3, 13 RC1, MINIX XBMC and Beyond XBMC.
    The results are:

JB 4.2.2 Android version:
    XBMC 12.3 = 1080p movies have thousands of frame drops/skips!!!!
    XBMC 13 RC1 = 1080p Movies have some drops using stagefright codec, playing nice but only for 5-6 seconds using mediacodec!!!
    Beyond XBMC and MinixXBMC play VERY GOOD all video!!!

KitKat 4.4 Android version:
    XBMC 12.3 , Beyond XBMC and MinixXBMC = 1080p movies have thousands of frame drops/skips!!!!
    XBMC 13 RC1 = 1080p movies play Good with both codecs enabled.
    Heavy video/audio files play with a lot of frame drops/skips with both codecs.
    1080p Movies play "ok" with just stagefright enabled.
    Heavy video/audio files play with a lot of frame drops/skips with just stagefright.
    ALL Movies and videos play PERFECT with just Mediacodec anabled!!!!!!

I am waiting for your comments and your results!

Just tried RC1, it runs immersive mode natively with KitKat.
    Nice.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Comment

mediacodecs

Originally posted by dracosc22679 View Post
      Hi everyone.
      I am just opening this thread so we can speak for our experiences on using XBMC on our CS968!
      I am posting my results. My tests are made using some FullHD 1920x1080 video/audio test files, and movies PLANES (mkv 4.5gb) and Avatar (mkv 11gb)
      Tests are doen by using JB and KitKat , and XBMC versions 12.3, 13 RC1, MINIX XBMC and Beyond XBMC.
      The results are:

JB 4.2.2 Android version:
      XBMC 12.3 = 1080p movies have thousands of frame drops/skips!!!!
      XBMC 13 RC1 = 1080p Movies have some drops using stagefright codec, playing nice but only for 5-6 seconds using mediacodec!!!
      Beyond XBMC and MinixXBMC play VERY GOOD all video!!!

KitKat 4.4 Android version:
      XBMC 12.3 , Beyond XBMC and MinixXBMC = 1080p movies have thousands of frame drops/skips!!!!
      XBMC 13 RC1 = 1080p movies play Good with both codecs enabled.
      Heavy video/audio files play with a lot of frame drops/skips with both codecs.
      1080p Movies play "ok" with just stagefright enabled.
      Heavy video/audio files play with a lot of frame drops/skips with just stagefright.
      ALL Movies and videos play PERFECT with just Mediacodec anabled!!!!!!

I am waiting for your comments and your results!

How do you enable the mediacodecs and where can we find them?

Comment

The XBMC Was Designed To Handle TV Media Files, Not Huge 1080p Movie Files

First of all, you are not telling us anything new, none of the XBMC you mention above were designed to do what you are asking ... You want a XBMC, that's going to work perfect without frame skipping and can handle very large 1080p Mkv files, but the XBMC is not designed to do this ...

This is the reason I'm rolling with Beyond XBMC or Minix XBMC, these XBMC gives me the option to use the MXPlayer to do what the XBMC was not designed to do and that's to handle those tuff huge large MKv, MP4 and Avi files with minimal frame drops and skipping ...

I have just completed a special short series instructional set up for the MXPlayer and I did this simply because you have a lot of Android TV box owners, who doesn't know how to set up the MXPlayer correctly to help with frame drops and skipping ...

The MXPlayer set up option via the Beyond XBMC v3.4, go HERE
        https://plus.google.com/communities/...artnerid=gplp0 and read about how to set up the MXPlayer correctly to help with tuff video files playback, it's a new series, just released as promised ... Also get the FREE$$$ MPEG-2 plugin ...!

Another thing, I believe All Android TV box owners needs to rediscover the built in {eHomeMediaCenter}, it handles video/movies playback better than any XBMC on the market today, you guys take care ..!
        Last edited by Tech1; 04-30-2014, 14:32.

Comment

What matters from XBMC, for me, is XBMC subtitles. Which MXPlayer, or any other app, does not offer.
          If I'm going to use MXPlayer, I don't think I need XBMC.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
            First of all, you are not telling us anything new, none of the XBMC you mention above were designed to do what you are asking ... You want a XBMC, that's going to work perfect without frame skipping and can handle very large 1080p Mkv files, but the XBMC is not designed to do this ...

This is the reason I'm rolling with Beyond XBMC or Minix XBMC, these XBMC gives me the option to use the MXPlayer to do what the XBMC was not designed to do and that's to handle those tuff huge large MKv, MP4 and Avi files with minimal frame drops and skipping ...

I have just completed a special short series instructional set up for the MXPlayer and I did this simply because you have a lot of Android TV box owners, who doesn't know how to set up the MXPlayer correctly to help frame drops and skipping ...

https://plus.google.com/communities/...artnerid=gplp0 and read about how to set up the MXPlayer correctly to help with tuff video files playback, it's a new series, just released as promised ... Also get the FREE$$$ MPEG-2 plugin ...!

Another thing, I believe All Android TV box owners needs to rediscover the built in {eHomeMediaCenter}, it handles video/movies playback better than any XBMC on the market today, you guys take care ..!

My good friend Tech1......
            You are talking like this because you are from the States and your native language is English, just like 95% of the movies and tv shows!
            All other NON English speakers, LOVE XBMC because of subtitles!
            I know and i use MXPlayer for some years now, but subtitles are not offered!!!

Comment

You are talking like this because you are from the States and your native language is English, just like 95% of the movies and tv shows!
              You never ever mention the word {Subtile} in post # 1 above, now you really got me confused ... Still the XBMC was not designed to do what you want it to do ... It's ok man, take care ...!

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
                You never ever mention the word {Subtile} in post # 1 above, now you really got me confused ... Still the XBMC was not designed to do what you want it to do ... It's ok man, take care ...!
                What do you mean "Still the XBMC was not designed to do what you want it to do"???????
                I think it's a MEDIA PLAYER! So it's supposed to PLAY MEDIA files! ANY MEDIA FILES!
                I dont understand what you want to say my good friend!

Comment

What do you mean "Still the XBMC was not designed to do what you want it to do"???????
                  I think it's a MEDIA PLAYER! So it's supposed to PLAY MEDIA files! ANY MEDIA FILES!
                  I dont understand what you want to say my good friend!

Originally Posted by Tech1

I have just completed a special short series instructional set up for the MXPlayer and I did this simply because you have a lot of Android TV box owners, who doesn't know how to set up the MXPlayer correctly to help with frame drops and skipping ...

Comment

Actually you can have MX player+Subtitles through Subslauncher+Opensubtitles engine. Of course you need proper playercorefactory.xml in XBMC userdata folder.

Comment

Working...
                    X