Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having 1080p on CS968A

Hello

I'm happy to see this best forum for android box's and i have buy one but i need your help

To begin this is the information of my TV BOX

CS968A
    ANDROID 4.4.2
    3.0.36+
    zz@ubuntu01 #164
    Build : rk3188-eng 4.4.2 kot 49h eng.zz.20140505.151919 test-keys
    Vendor : RK3188_R-BOX_ANDROID4.4.2-SDK-BCM

i have root the device with KINGO and it's OK, but i have seen we can have 1080p
    - what is the best way for me to have this 1080p and does this cause problems for TV wifi or bluetooth etc... ?

Thanks for your help

Originally posted by lanner View Post

Hello

I'm happy to see this best forum for android box's and i have buy one but i need your help

To begin this is the information of my TV BOX

CS968A
    ANDROID 4.4.2
    3.0.36+
    zz@ubuntu01 #164
    Build : rk3188-eng 4.4.2 kot 49h eng.zz.20140505.151919 test-keys
    Vendor : RK3188_R-BOX_ANDROID4.4.2-SDK-BCM

i have root the device with KINGO and it's OK, but i have seen we can have 1080p
    - what is the best way for me to have this 1080p and does this cause problems for TV wifi or bluetooth etc... ?

Thanks for your help
    It best to play ALL 1080p video/movies on your new CS968 via the built IN "eHomeMediaCenter", no issues for your TV, WiFi or Bluetooth, enjoy ...!

Comment

Try to use Zappiti Media Player

Comment

Hi , thanks for your answer
        Is it possible to flash another ROM who can change the resolution 720 to 1080 of the wall ?

Comment

Well, the easy way is to gain root privileges then execute a simple terminal command (they are somewhere here in a couple of threads) where yous simply reset the resolution to 1920 x 1080. But this is really just upscaling 720p to 1080p and not "true" 1080. Now there are 1080p kit kat kernels (ie the real thing) out there but I'm not sure which ROMs are using them. I'm not sure if Tech1's Kitkat Super ROMs use them or not..

Comment

Thanks
            Right' it's difficult for me for the moment to know what ROM is the best to flash this CS968A TVBOX, maybe someone who have test can explain

For the moment my TvBox is rooted and i can install .apk by my usb key, for the moment all is perfect, but for the futur i try to find what is the best for this Tvbox

Comment

Well here's somethings you can do:

1. Determine which kind of wifi chip your unit uses (MTK or AP6210)

2. Which version of android is your current rom (4.22 JB or 4.4.2 KK)

3. Run an AnTuTu test, what score did you get

If you're running a JB rom, you will amost certainly benefit from switching to a KK rom. JB antutu scores were in the 14500 range, KK antutu scores around 16400.

If you're going to flash up to a KK rom, you need to know whether you are on MTK chips or AP6210 chip, otherwise the wifi wont work.

Comment

I have put in first post the information , it's kitkat 4.4.2 , for the wifi chip i try to look how to find
                I post Antutu after that

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by lanner View Post
                  I have put in first post the information , it's kitkat 4.4.2 , for the wifi chip i try to look how to find
                  I post Antutu after that

Thanks for your help
                  I'm guessing that you have a CS968 with AP6210 chips, since you state CS968A, as far as i know, in 4.4.2 the manufacturer has give some identification, CS968M is for CS968 with MTK chips. I might be wrong though, until you opened your box to make it sure. Cheers, and let us know.

Comment

Working...
                  X