Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS968 MTK rom in zip format for CWM flashing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS968 MTK rom in zip format for CWM flashing?

Hi

are there any MTK roms in the .zip format which i can flash via CWM on CS968?

As far as I know (which may not be much..), only ROMs pulled by way of CWM backups can be restored via CWM.

I could be completely wrong and, in fact, I think I might be, but I have yet to see a release with the instructions "Flash through recovery/CWM" for thee devices.

Are you having trouble flashing your CS968/other device? Do you have CWM on it? What version of Android are you using?

Comment

Having great difficulty in flashing via rock chip batch tool.
      Trting from windows 7 64 bit pc. When using the batch tool, it shows connected device but highlighted in pink. When I try to upgrade or restore I get unsupported message. Previously I was able to use the tool. It showed device connected highlighted on green. I have tried to uninstall and re install rockchip driver with no success.

That's when I thought of using CWM. I followed tje instructions on CWM easy installation for all RK3188/3066 devices on this website. I now can use the arctools app to boot into CWM.

At this stage I am able to locate roms on external sd...but it needs to be in .zip format.
      I was wondering if I could get any of the roms here into the correct .zip format for CWM and then flash from there.

Im currently using CS968. I have it rooted and running Android 4.2.2.

Comment

This may be a dumb question but:

You have USB debugging ON and "Connect to Computer" OFF, right? And then you connect the USB, and then hold down the reset (with a paperclip or whatever) for a couple seconds? The screen should go black and you computer should do the dunNUN sound of a USB device being plugged in. Then when you open RK Batchtool it should be green.

I say because the only way ive ever gotten Pink box (like you describe) is when I connect the box to my computer and have "Connect to computer" ON and the box is in normal running mode (ie not black screen debug mode activated by paperclip).

All that is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by servo386 View Post

You have USB debugging ON and "Connect to Computer" OFF, right? And then you connect the USB, and then hold down the reset (with a paperclip or whatever) for a couple seconds? The screen should go black and you computer should do the dunNUN sound of a USB device being plugged in. Then when you open RK Batchtool it should be green.

I say because the only way ive ever gotten Pink box (like you describe) is when I connect the box to my computer and have "Connect to computer" ON and the box is in normal running mode (ie not black screen debug mode activated by paperclip).

All that is correct?
          Servo386 very good, you one Billion % correct, you are also a true Android TV Jedi Knight ...(lol)

Comment

Originally posted by moms View Post
            Having great difficulty in flashing via rock chip batch tool.
            Trting from windows 7 64 bit pc. When using the batch tool, it shows connected device but highlighted in pink. When I try to upgrade or restore I get unsupported message. Previously I was able to use the tool. It showed device connected highlighted on green. I have tried to uninstall and re install rockchip driver with no success.

That's when I thought of using CWM. I followed tje instructions on CWM easy installation for all RK3188/3066 devices on this website. I now can use the arctools app to boot into CWM.

At this stage I am able to locate roms on external sd...but it needs to be in .zip format.
            I was wondering if I could get any of the roms here into the correct .zip format for CWM and then flash from there.

Im currently using CS968. I have it rooted and running Android 4.2.2.
            Originally posted by servo386 View Post

All that is correct?
            Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
            Servo386 very good, you one Billion % correct, you are also a true Android TV Jedi Knight ...(lol)
            This is new to me,
            Here is the step I did to flashing with RK Batch Tool (with driver has properly install)
            In flashing, you only need the box and the data cable, no need for the power cable,
            Run RK Batch Tool, Set your Firmware, Plug usb cable in the OTG port (next to sd card slot) in your box, press and hold the reset button, connect the box with pc via usb cable. you can see green box highlighted 1-2 or 5-8, release the button, click restore (commonly use) or upgrade. Here is link that might have similar case with you.

Comment

Originally posted by pincer View Post
              This is new to me,
              Here is the step I did to flashing with RK Batch Tool (with driver has properly install)
              In flashing, you only need the box and the data cable, no need for the power cable,
              Run RK Batch Tool, Set your Firmware, Plug usb cable in the OTG port (next to sd card slot) in your box, press and hold the reset button, connect the box with pc via usb cable. you can see green box highlighted 1-2 or 5-8, release the button, click restore (commonly use) or upgrade. Here is link that might have similar case with you.
              With the correct drivers installed on your PC, true, you don't need the power cord ...! You should always use the "Restore" button, when installing a new ROM build, not the "Upgrade" button ...!

I use the very same method as servo38, when installing a new ROM build, never ever had any issues ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
                With the correct drivers installed on your PC, true, you don't need the power cord ...! You should always use the "Restore" button, when installing a new ROM build, not the "Upgrade" button ...!

I use the very same method as servo38, when installing a new ROM build, never ever had any issues ...
                Yeah, that's why is new to me. I only share my experiences, i use RK Driver Assistance to install the driver properly though as stated in my thread. As for the "restore" and "upgrade", yes of course I would go choose restore, especially when a time i have to downgrade. no issue though. except when i choose upgrade while flashing older rom, even from 4.4 to older 4.4, thus i have restarting problem sometime. Nice share. Hope will help other users and members.

Comment

Thanks...followed ur guys instructions and it worked

Comment

Glad to hear!

Comment

Working...
                    X