[CS968][MTK][4.4.2]Rootd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farhanito View Post
    Does the logo looks static, or animated?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    its animated, with glowing/shaining "Smart Box" text.

Comment

Re: [CS968][MTK][4.4.2]Rootd

Originally posted by btet View Post
      Well, I can't reproduce the issue since I don't have the same device. But if stock works, I can't see why this ROM wouldn't.

Try doing a factory reset in TWRP (Wipe - factory reset) and see if that helps.

I wonder if anyone else have this problem...

Comment

[CS968][MTK][4.4.2]Rootd

Can anyone confirm that the AP6210 patch you made work?
        I have two devices, one with MTK and one with AP6210. It would be nice to have same ROM on both :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        CR11S AP6210 Chipset
        CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
        HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Ok. can you please try this...

- flash stock kitkat firmware img (if you haven't already). And make sure it can boot properly.
          Originally posted by pincer View Post
          New firmware 20140504 here or here (htc_t018_public_4.4.2_mtk_20140504)
          - flash this ROM using RKBatchTool, but choose UPGRADE instead of restore.

Comment

Ok. can you please try this...

- flash stock kitkat firmware img (if you haven't already). And make sure it can boot properly.

- flash this ROM using RKBatchTool, but choose UPGRADE instead of restore.
            Holy s**t it worked! Thanks buddy!
            Do you have any tips & trick for my, so that the system on mk809iii not so easy to crash?

Comment

I had the same issue with my CS968. I waited for about 30mins and then decided to go back to 4.2.2 ROM which does not have this boot up hang at logo problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwind View Post
                I had the same issue with my CS968. I waited for about 30mins and then decided to go back to 4.2.2 ROM which does not have this boot up hang at logo problem.
                Try flashing method I posted earlier..

My repacked IMG seems to have problem with partitions IF you choose RESTORE in rkbatchtool.

Comment

Try flashing method I posted earlier..

My repacked IMG seems to have problem with partitions IF you choose RESTORE in rkbatchtool.

I only did UPGRADE, still same problem

Comment

I only did UPGRADE, still same problem
                    Guess stock recovery is still needed to initialize certain partitions... So you need to be on 4.4.2 before using this.

I am still trying to figure that out.

Comment

no bluetooth driver

if someone with AP6210 willing to test, here's the patch to fix WIFI and bluetooth

AP6210 ONLY

flash the ROM
                      copy the patch to internal/external storage, and flash with TWRP

note: files taken from cr11 firmware, so you might see cloudnetgo logo on boot. (i'm lazy)

I tested this patch. Everything works great except it doesn't seem to contain the bluetooth driver?

I used the MTK rom with the AP6210 patch. I will try AP6210 rom now with the patch and report back in a bit.

UPDATE: The AP6210 ROM did not make any difference. There is definitely something wrong with the bluetooth. It will not turn on in the android settings, although WiFi is working perfectly.

Thanks for your work! Adding root and TWRP was a great idea.
                      Last edited by greenepc; 06-17-2014, 19:38.

Comment

Guess stock recovery is still needed to initialize certain partitions... So you need to be on 4.4.2 before using this.

I am still trying to figure that out.

What are the differences between FLASH and RECOVERY option?

Comment

Originally posted by greenepc View Post
                          I tested this patch. Everything works great except it doesn't seem to contain the bluetooth driver?

I used the MTK rom with the AP6210 patch. I will try AP6210 rom now with the patch and report back in a bit.

UPDATE: The AP6210 ROM did not make any difference. There is definitely something wrong with the bluetooth. It will not turn on in the android settings, although WiFi is working perfectly.

Thanks for your work! Adding root and TWRP was a great idea.
                          thanks for the feedback..

i dont have AP6210 device, so i didnt test it myself.

What are the differences between FLASH and RECOVERY option?
                          sorry i dont understand the question

Comment

I have question for you farhanito, I am about to build my own rom that can be flashed with RKbatchTool 1.7 as you have done with this ROM.But I Cant figure out how to make the rom prerooted as you have done. Are you willing to share that knowledge with me? I would be so thankful against you. I need this for my work and this is the only thing I have been struggled about for a while now If you want you can send me a PM with the explanation/solution if you dont want to share it here public. You think you can do that?
                            I know how to kitchen a rom so that would not be a problem.

CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                            CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
                            HTC-T018-V04

Comment

When using RKBatchTool. what is the difference between a flash and a recovery option?

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
                                I have question for you farhanito, I am about to build my own rom that can be flashed with RKbatchTool 1.7 as you have done with this ROM.But I Cant figure out how to make the rom prerooted as you have done. Are you willing to share that knowledge with me? I would be so thankful against you. I need this for my work and this is the only thing I have been struggled about for a while now If you want you can send me a PM with the explanation/solution if you dont want to share it here public. You think you can do that?
                                I know how to kitchen a rom so that would not be a problem.
                                i have replied your thread..
                                hope it will help. fell free if you have any further question

When using RKBatchTool. what is the difference between a flash and a recovery option?
                                you mean restore and upgrade ?

seems like when you choose Restore the device will be wiped/formatted,
                                while Upgrade isn't, it will preserve your data. cmiiw

Comment

Working...
                                X