Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP Box not working

Some serious help is needed guys.

I tried flashing my box yesterday and for some reason the flash did not work. It said flash failed and now the box won't power on fully. A blue/red light appears which is what I generally see when the power is not connected but the device is connected to my pc for flashing.

When I connected the box to my tv there is no source but when I connect it to my computer and run the RKbatch tool, it connects, a green box appears with 1-1-5 but when I try and flash using Tech1 latest Android 4.4 ROM it fails but so does all the other ROMs.

Help please!!!

Can no one help?

Comment

Originally posted by crazyxbmc View Post
      Some serious help is needed guys.

I tried flashing my box yesterday and for some reason the flash did not work. It said flash failed and now the box won't power on fully. A blue/red light appears which is what I generally see when the power is not connected but the device is connected to my pc for flashing.

When I connected the box to my tv there is no source but when I connect it to my computer and run the RKbatch tool, it connects, a green box appears with 1-1-5 but when I try and flash using Tech1 latest Android 4.4 ROM it fails but so does all the other ROMs.

Help please!!!
      Originally posted by crazyxbmc View Post
      Can no one help?
      From what you say the box is not bricked. This happened to me somewhile ago on my tester device. I know some people will say the best way to solve this is to flash in mask rom mode but this will require you to open the box, and reset various pins. All very tricky.

I left the device plugged out for an hour, loaded up TKBatch tool, but didn't connect the device straightway so that everything appeared grey. Pressed and held the reset button whilst powering on the device and connected it into my pc.

RKbatch tool recognized the device and I was able to flash it with the original default firmware. Updated ROMS didn't work for me. I was able to reflash the newer ROMS later on but use the default firmware first.

Hope that helps

Comment

It worked

Originally posted by nguy View Post
        From what you say the box is not bricked. This happened to me somewhile ago on my tester device. I know some people will say the best way to solve this is to flash in mask rom mode but this will require you to open the box, and reset various pins. All very tricky.

I left the device plugged out for an hour, loaded up TKBatch tool, but didn't connect the device straightway so that everything appeared grey. Pressed and held the reset button whilst powering on the device and connected it into my pc.

RKbatch tool recognized the device and I was able to flash it with the original default firmware. Updated ROMS didn't work for me. I was able to reflash the newer ROMS later on but use the default firmware first.

Hope that helps
        Cheers nguy. It worked. Back up and running.

Comment

Working...
        X