Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to root a StockRom without installing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to root a StockRom without installing it?

Is there any way to root the stockrom as it comes from manufacturer i.e CR11S StockRom. I can make StockRoms with the different tools there is for RK3188 ROM:s but I need help to make the StockRom rooted so I can distribute the ROM pre rooted. And i dont want to use rkpatch tools to export, i want it in flashable condition for rkbatch 1.7. If this is a sencitive subject you can PM me. Please help me before I go crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CR11S AP6210 Chipset
    CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
    HTC-T018-V04

i am not an expert, but here's what i did..
    - first you need a linux environtment
    - a tool to unpack and repack the factory firmware .img file like imgRePackerRK
    - unpack the firmware img with that tool, you will get system.img (among other image files)
    - mount that system.img
    Code:
    sudo mount -o loop system.img system
    - and follow this excellent how to root kitkat tutorial by 900supersport
    - repack the firmware afterward

Comment

Originally posted by farhanito View Post
      i am not an expert, but here's what i did..
      - first you need a linux environtment
      - a tool to unpack and repack the factory firmware .img file like imgRePackerRK
      - unpack the firmware img with that tool, you will get system.img (among other image files)
      - mount that system.img
      Code:
      sudo mount -o loop system.img system
      - and follow this excellent how to root kitkat tutorial by 900supersport
      - repack the firmware afterward
      I have done this but still get su not found by superuser. I have inspected neomode and wasser rooted kitkat roms and they have no daemons installed so I don't think thats it. I messaged wasser as to the answer to this but no reply so far.

Cheers,
      Vec

Comment

Originally posted by veclinux View Post
        I have done this but still get su not found by superuser. I have inspected neomode and wasser rooted kitkat roms and they have no daemons installed so I don't think thats it. I messaged wasser as to the answer to this but no reply so far.

Cheers,
        Vec
        you mean, no /etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon ?

maybe they modify init.rc file

Comment

The most recent kitkat ROMs I have worked have required me to start the su daemon from init.rc

Sent from my thl T11 using Tapatalk
          900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Working...
          X