Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickShot 3.1 - Google Search - Speech Output

Hi,

I use QuickShoT v3.1 and the ROM is really awesome. One thing I noticed though is that there is a problem with the speech output after installing Google Search. Voice commands in general work fine, but the speech output remains silent. I've already tried different language settings but nothing helped. It shows the answers/results only visually, but the speech output seems to be stuck.

The following was also quite interesting: When I deactivate speech output and say "OK Google, Play Radiohead", Spotify is started and plays songs. When I have the speech output activated and try it, it is stuck again at the result screen.

Does anybody experience the same?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Flo

Originally posted by fload View Post
    Hi,

I use QuickShoT v3.1 and the ROM is really awesome. One thing I noticed though is that there is a problem with the speech output after installing Google Search. Voice commands in general work fine, but the speech output remains silent. I've already tried different language settings but nothing helped. It shows the answers/results only visually, but the speech output seems to be stuck.

The following was also quite interesting: When I deactivate speech output and say "OK Google, Play Radiohead", Spotify is started and plays songs. When I have the speech output activated and try it, it is stuck again at the result screen.

Does anybody experience the same?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Flo
    I didnt notice it, for now, can you install ivona text to speech from market? and try how it works?

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      I didnt notice it, for now, can you install ivona text to speech from market? and try how it works?

leolas
      Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I tried it with ivona and it is exactly the same problem: Nothing happens after asking the question or giving a command. The screen stays as shown in the attachment (with the blue speech output icon on the top right).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-24-18-58-21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	433930

Cheers,
      Flo

Comment

Hi,

I want to pick this topic up again. I recently did a clean installation of "Android 4.4 OS for CR11/S 5M Pixel Camera Open all root;VPN;XBMC V13" from http://www.cloudnetgo.com/CR11S5M.htm and still experience the same problem: The voice / speech output is not working. I can start the search with "OK Google", can ask my question, but as soon as my android box should tell me the answer, there is silence

Does anybody have the same problem?

Cheers,
        Flo

Comment

Working...
        X