Is this nornal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this nornal

With the exception of the stock ROM that came with my CS968, almost all of the ROM's that I have tested here seem to turn the device on even though I have powered down the device properly.

Having installed a new ROM, then doing a factory reset and installing no other apps still generates the same result, namely the device turns itself on hours later without me doing anything.

Is this normal ?

Re: Is this nornal

Originally posted by nguy View Post
    With the exception of the stock ROM that came with my CS968, almost all of the ROM's that I have tested here seem to turn the device on even though I have powered down the device properly.

Having installed a new ROM, then doing a factory reset and installing no other apps still generates the same result, namely the device turns itself on hours later without me doing anything.

Is this normal ?
    Not noticed this myself, maybe a hardware issue

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this nornal

I have a CR11S box and it also starts up without any reason when I have turned it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      CR11S AP6210 Chipset
      CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
      HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by stupidy View Post
        Not noticed this myself, maybe a hardware issue

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
        I don't think its a hardware issue as I have two devices. One is a test device and the other more stable. Both had the problem and purchased from different sources. Conflicting software can cause problems but as the test device contained only the ROM with any pre-existing inbuilt apps, this shouldn't be so.

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
          I have a CR11S box and it also starts up without any reason when I have turned it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thanks for letting me know. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing the issue.

Comment

Is this normal ?
            CS968 Switch's On HDMI Change.
            Mean's You Can Power It Off And If You Switch Your TV To That HDMI Channel , It Will StartUp The BOX..

#1 - It wake's up upon tv-on via hdmi, (no need to worry to turn-off the box) just notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by whocares View Post
              CS968 Switch's On HDMI Change.
              Mean's You Can Power It Off And If You Switch Your TV To That HDMI Channel , It Will StartUp The BOX..

#1 - It wake's up upon tv-on via hdmi, (no need to worry to turn-off the box) just notice it.

Hi whocares, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Are you saying that the box, once powered off will automatically switch itself on if the corresponding hdmi on the tv is switched on? If so, then I could understand the logic in that, however, in my case, the device turns itself on randomly whilst I am away or during the night without any change with the corresponding hdmi on my TV.

Comment

Hi whocares, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Are you saying that the box, once powered off will automatically switch itself on if the corresponding hdmi on the tv is switched on? If so, then I could understand the logic in that, however, in my case, the device turns itself on randomly whilst I am away or during the night without any change with the corresponding hdmi on my TV.
                Nguy Whocares is correct, it has something do with your HDMI, when your TV turns on/off, plus other media devivces you have in your TV set up turning on/off via HDMI connection, their is a name for what Whocares is describing .. I'm looking for it in my old Vizio Co-Star user manual, but nothing is wrong with your TV box ...

Comment

If You Want Make Sure If It's Not HDMI,

Then There Is A Way, Turn Your BOX Off And Remove The HDMI Cable, See If It's Starting Automaticly, If Starting Mean's There is Some Problem With Your Device Or The Power Supply..

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
                    Nguy Whocares is correct, it has something do with your HDMI, when your TV turns on/off, plus other media devivces you have in your TV set up turning on/off via HDMI connection, their is a name for what Whocares is describing .. I'm looking for it in my old Vizio Co-Star user manual, but nothing is wrong with your TV box ...
                    Hi Tech1,

It's Called "Hot Plug Detect" or "HDMI Sense"

It Usally Source A 5v supply From Tv to Device..

Comment

If You Want Make Sure If It's Not HDMI,

Then There Is A Way, Turn Your BOX Off And Remove The HDMI Cable, See If It's Starting Automaticly, If Starting Mean's There is Some Problem With Your Device Or The Power Supply..
                      Thanks whocares. I've tried this and your absolutely right. Removing the HDMI cable from the device meant the box did not turn itself on, so the box is fine and its not the ROM

Comment

Hi Tech1,

It's Called "Hot Plug Detect" or "HDMI Sense"

It Usally Source A 5v supply From Tv to Device..
                        You learn something new every day. Never heard of this before but after doing some research, its supposed to be a good feature, although I can not understand why!

Comment

Working...
                        X