Rooting KitKat with RK31xxx Tools from Sergio in windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all you need to download the tools from this thread and learn how that tool works.

Thanks Mo123 & Sergio !

I have been searching for a method to root KitKat without the need to install Linux and I have investigate the methods that is used by Linux people and transferred that to the Windows world.

First credits to:
    I take no credit for the solution that I use and the original thread that I took the most information from is from:
    - 900Supersport thread: Rooting Kitkat.
    - Farhanito that pointed me in the right direction on my thread How to root a Stockrom here.
    - Finless for his tips on where we should put the lines in init.rc.
    - Chainfire for the file Super SU

Download this file here and the read the instructions.txt

I haven´t had any problems with this (tried several stock ROM:s and unrooted custom ROM:s) but beware that I take no responsability if you are trying this method and something goes wrong and you brick your device, you must know what you are doing.

I have done all my tests on CR11S/CS968 Rom:s but as far as i Know it should work with every ROM that extracts the original image into a System and Boot image under the temp directory in RK3xxx tools.

Remember to extract the Rooting_Kitkat.rar i the same directory as Temp exists so that you have Temp and Rooting_Kitkat parallell in the same directory because otherwise the path dont work in the Rooting_Kitkat.bat file.

Good Luck !
    CR11S AP6210 Chipset
    CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
    HTC-T018-V04

Works Like A Charm

3 #Supersu
    4 service daemonsu /system/xbin/su --daemon
    5 class main
    6 user root
    7 oneshot

Works like a charm once you copy the above files to the init.rc and rebuild everything ... I'm going to test another tool with the above set up, I believe it will also work ...!
    Last edited by Tech1; 06-26-2014, 15:13.

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
      First of all you need to download the tools from this thread and learn how that tool works.

Thanks Mo123 & Sergio !

I have been searching for a method to root KitKat without the need to install Linux and I have investigate the methods that is used by Linux people and transferred that to the Windows world.

First credits to:
      I take no credit for the solution that I use and the original thread that I took the most information from is from:
      - 900Supersport thread: Rooting Kitkat.
      - Farhanito that pointed me in the right direction on my thread How to root a Stockrom here.
      - Finless for his tips on where we should put the lines in init.rc.
      - Chainfire for the file Super SU

Download this file here and the read the instructions.txt

I haven´t had any problems with this (tried several stock ROM:s and unrooted custom ROM:s) but beware that I take no responsability if you are trying this method and something goes wrong and you brick your device, you must know what you are doing.

I have done all my tests on CR11S/CS968 Rom:s but as far as i Know it should work with every ROM that extracts the original image into a System and Boot image under the temp directory in RK3xxx tools.

Remember to extract the Rooting_Kitkat.rar i the same directory as Temp exists so that you have Temp and Rooting_Kitkat parallell in the same directory because otherwise the path dont work in the Rooting_Kitkat.bat file.

Good Luck !
      Very nice saves a ton of time. I was manually doing the same on my linux box.
      Thanks again.................

Vec

Comment

Thank you for the replies guys, it´s always nervous to let something out that you have tried, and explain to others to do the same thing without failure. Glad it worked .

@ Tech1, It should work with any tool that separates System and Boot images, just make a directory called Temp and put the extracted images there. May I ask which tool you use?

/ Peter
        CR11S AP6210 Chipset
        HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
          Thank you for the replies guys, it´s always nervous to let something out that you have tried, and explain to others to do the same thing without failure. Glad it worked .

@ Tech1, It should work with any tool that separates System and Boot images, just make a directory called Temp and put the extracted images there. May I ask which tool you use?

/ Peter
          I was thinking it will work with my daughter's Ubuntu kitchen ...

Comment

Aha, if you want the linux version of the batch file you can download it from 900Supersport thread, there is a link to the original file used for linux. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            CR11S AP6210 Chipset
            HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Nice pejochto.
              Always thought that there will be issues with Unix file permissions when doing this on Windows. Apparently not.

Comment

@farhanito: I thought so too, but I took a chanceshot to try it out, and it did work :-).
                I was worried too how it would handle the permissions but it worked and the I decided to publish this.

Originally posted by farhanito View Post
                Nice pejochto.
                Always thought that there will be issues with Unix file permissions when doing this on Windows. Apparently not.
                CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Working...
                X