Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOOB alert .. CS398 Alias, can't ROOT/flash or

Hi there,

I am new tot the Android and Rooting world.
    I have an alias of the CS398 (android tv box) with XBMC installed. I hear the box works even better when it is rooted and XBMC has SuperU. Now, when I stream HD movies. Every 20 seconds a lag appears (duration: 4 seconds). After a while watching the movie, people hardly realise the lag, except me I, its killing me.

I have no laptop at this moment but i really want my XBMC to be faster. Also I have seen many theme's who are optimized for TV's and the use of a remote control, I also would like to get that theme.

Can anyone help me..

Just to clarify: This is my box: http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/1...1-6GHz-BOX.jpg

Originally posted by ragga1 View Post
    Hi there,

I am new tot the Android and Rooting world.
    I have an alias of the CS398 (android tv box) with XBMC installed. I hear the box works even better when it is rooted and XBMC has SuperU. Now, when I stream HD movies. Every 20 seconds a lag appears (duration: 4 seconds). After a while watching the movie, people hardly realise the lag, except me I, its killing me.

I have no laptop at this moment but i really want my XBMC to be faster. Also I have seen many theme's who are optimized for TV's and the use of a remote control, I also would like to get that theme.

Can anyone help me..

Just to clarify: This is my box: http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/1...1-6GHz-BOX.jpg
    Take look at this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...01-UGOOS-UG410 ... Also unscrew the bottom 4 screws, find out what is the name of your WiFi chip ... Then I may can direct you to a ROM build for your CR968 ...

Comment

Just sent you a important PM ....

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
        Take look at this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...01-UGOOS-UG410 ... Also unscrew the bottom 4 screws, find out what is the name of your WiFi chip ... Then I may can direct you to a ROM build for your CR968 ...
        Dear Tech1,

Thanks for your reply, when i get home from work I will do what you ask. I have alreadt read the thread you are reffering to, without succes .

So you say there is a way to root (and install ROM and preffered TV and remote optimized theme) without a laptop? The box I have is exactly the same as on the picture, same remote and everything. I also have the 2MP version (Don't they all have th same Wifi chip?).

I have downloaded a couple of ROMS from this thread, but they are all .img files, I don't know how to install them.

If you realy need the name of the Wifi chip, I will be able to do this after work (after 8/9 hours).

Thanks in advance!

-- EDIT --
        Just sent you a important PM ....
        The post above says i have recieved an important PM, but I can't find anything in my inbox.
        Last edited by ragga1; 08-25-2014, 09:31.

Comment

Now I'm home i tried to unscrew the bottom. But the fact is that my box doesn't have screws at the bottom. In fact, it has no screws at all ..

I tried to force it open with a screwdriver, i damaged the back of it a little bit, but it has not come off...

Comment

Now I'm home i tried to unscrew the bottom. But the fact is that my box doesn't have screws at the bottom. In fact, it has no screws at all ..

I tried to force it open with a screwdriver, i damaged the back of it a little bit, but it has not come off...
            Hold tight, don't harm your Android TV box, I have a friend looking into the correct ROM build for your box ...

Comment

Hold tight, don't harm your Android TV box, I have a friend looking into the correct ROM build for your box ...
              That's great.. I hope i will succeed today :-)

Comment

Any chance your friend allready found the right ROM for me?

Also a ROM I can root/flash witouth a laptop?

Comment

Are the screws under the rubber pads on bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by brick0044 View Post
                    Are the screws under the rubber pads on bottom?
                    I trief to peel off the rubber pad, they are glued to the bottom .. You think I should remove it to check if the screws are under the pads?

Comment

I trief to peel off the rubber pad, they are glued to the bottom .. You think I should remove it to check if the screws are under the pads?
                      Yes, the screws are under the rubber pads ... I know nothing about flashing without a computer, but I believe you can flash with a flash thumb drive, do some research ...

Comment

Yes, the screws are under the rubber pads ... I know nothing about flashing without a computer, but I believe you can flash with a flash thumb drive, do some research ...
                        I tried that with no succes I was hoping you guys could help me.

Comment

Working...
                        X