New user with a CS968M seeking info for flashing etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user with a CS968M seeking info for flashing etc

Good afternoon all, first off thanks for supporting the little TV box i am sure i will find some superb info on here. i am not new to android and flashing so hopefully i shouldn't have too many issues here!? tempting fate i know.

first off this is the box i have:

i have this connected to an Onkyo TX-NR515 AV Receiver via HDMI and optical leads. the device came with a 4.4.2 ROM on it with
    kernel version: 3.0.36+ zz@ubuntu01 #163
    build number: rk3188-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.zz.20140505.132311 test-keys
    Vendor SW version_ RK3188_RBOX_ANDROID4.4.2-SDK-MTK

it is running XBMC great with exception of DTS and trueHD? also i have the stuttering or lag issues when trying to watch HD 720p and above?

I am wanting to understand what version of ROM's i need to be looking at and then the process to root my device, if anyone can help point me in the direction i need to be whilst i read the posts on here...

also if someone could recommend me a good ROM for the box that would be great also?

i have been reading and i believe there maybe a need to find out what wifi chip my device has, if so i can do that asap?

regarding rooting i have downloaded the batch tool ready and i already have the adb drivers installed.

i think that is enough for now and i best get reading.

thanks All Hoppi.

hello all is 'How to root The CS968/CR11S NO PASSWORD REQURIED (EASY ROOT)' located here:

the best option for rooting my device? will this give me root access on my current room? i.e install super user etc?

Comment

Originally posted by hoppi05 View Post
      hello all is 'How to root The CS968/CR11S NO PASSWORD REQURIED (EASY ROOT)' located here:

the best option for rooting my device? will this give me root access on my current room? i.e install super user etc?
      I use Kingo root.

Comment

Thank you that does sound the easier option. I will be having a play this weekend.

Can anyone tell me if xposed module works ok on this device as I don't want a bricking situation?

Thanks again all...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X