Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forcing cs968 to 1080i resolution and not 720p resolution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forcing cs968 to 1080i resolution and not 720p resolution.

Hello All,

My question may be very stupid, but trust me I searched about this all over but could not find right answer.

I want to force my smart tv box CS968 to output 1080i instead of 720p. The reason for this is I have very old Sony Plasma tv of 42". It does not have hdmi. I use converter for that.

Before buying this smart tv box, I was using raspberry pi with openelec. Now while setting up Raspberry PI I came to know that my TV supports only upto 1080i through component video. So I use HDMI to component. RPI worked great with this with hdmi mode 1080i 60hz. Also I have TATA SKY HD PLUS set top box which also work great with full hd.

Now problem with cs968 is am getting approx. 2" black strip at right side of screen. It seems the smart tv box is not using my full tv screen. The setting shows it is working at 720p 60hz. (I don't know why but my TV doesn't support 1080p but supports 720p, It happened with Raspberry pi also but 1080i solved problem that time.) If i try to set 1080 at 50/60 hz its not supported.

Honestly I have no idea which ROM I am using also is it 720p or 1080p (Don't know difference also between these two), It is 4.4.2. It has some Chinese apps as well as SuperSu and XBMC. I bought it from

http://www.****.in/itm/251608360520?...84.m1497.l2649

on ****. The dealer doesn't reply satisfactorily, He gave me nonsense solution of replacing tv. Also when asked he said that device is not rooted and if you do then your warranty would be void. He also said that this is stock firmware, but i do not believe as it has SuperSu working. Also resoltion changer apps which need device rooted worked well (But problem continues).

Please help me to solve this issue. I think 1080i would solve this issue. so please provide steps for that or some solution if there is any except replacing my TV.

Note :- The right side black strip is constant, even when I am playing 1080 resolution video.

TV Box problem

Dear JEet,

I also bought from the same seller, same experience...i am unable to use the device at all...it restarts of its own...thinking to flash the ROM....have you come across any solutions for this device

Regards
    Prbhat

Comment

Working...
    X