Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Stock Firmware for CS968A (KitKat) AP6210 20141225 720p, Boot Loader 2.19...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stock Firmware for CS968A (KitKat) AP6210 20141225 720p, Boot Loader 2.19...

Appeared New Stock Firmware for CS968A.

Firmware Details:

Archive Name: CS968A_ap6210_root_CSQ_4.4.2_20141225
    Firmware file name: htc_t018_ap6210_root_CSQ_4.4.2_20141225.img
    Archive size: 440 MB
    Model: CS968A
    Platform: Rockchip RK3188
    Frmware version: 4.4.02
    Boot version: 2.19
    Build number: rk3188-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.zz.20141225.103105 test-keys

Download Link: Link

If to load firmware to RKBatchtool --is possible to see that it is really new firmware.

Boot Loader changed to 2.19 --it is the latest boot loader. Also Firmware Version: 4.4.02

Boot Time: 2014-10-29 17:47:37

Firmware Time: 2014-12-25 11:10:24

When first time booted--us meets such screen...

List of preinstalled apps among which present 5 Chinese apps of unknown nature, filmonlivetv(Chinese version), kill apps and Netflix. Firmware rooted-- SuperSU installed, default language English.

About device tab shows us that stock firmware is addressed at CS968A model of Android Box

Amazing wallpapers in KitKat

Hidden menu of Launcher

Storage space available after installation

In this firmware Adroid box can properly mount simultanously 6 USB sticks(0-5). Previous firmware at all did not know how to unmount flash drives over usb ( there simply was no entry in menu) so user had to unplug it and risk to lose all info. Good job.

List of Downloaded apps. Looks like we can officially through menu uninstall three chinese apps,Shafa Market, Kill apps and FilmOn Live TV.

This green guy all the time sits in notification area until stopped. I wonder what is his function? Isnt he some kind of spy?

Also Green guy until stopped has on desktop flying Kitten shape widget

Another unknown software

Another mistake which happenes from firmware to firmware--- is related to Ukrainian language.
    English counterpart Settings-About device. So if changed to Ukrainian language--should be Налаштування-Про пристрій. But they have here Налаштування-про устрій --which is mistake. I wonder will they ever make it the way it has to be once and for all ?

Preinstalled Explorer serves well for its purpose and allows to do initial tasks

In Antutu Benchmark ver 5.6.2 Firmware scored 21674 points. Also Antutu allows to share results which is good sign. It means that manufacturer did not change internal counter from default value in order to cheat and score higher values.
    Funny--but if start CPU-Z--then firmware reboots.

Default preinstalled Videoplayers play every format smothly even 1080p. XBMC as well-- awesome. I never seen so smooth ans stable videoplay on Rockchip 3188. Probably Mali400 videodriver preinstalled during compiling of firmware which makes it work perfectly-thats why 3d acceleration on GPU works, which makes it easier for CPU. On Cloudnet CR11/S firmware makes hickups in 1080p. In this firmware all stable--I am amazed.

Codename of XBMC Center preinstalled is "Gotham".

For videoplayback Testing were chosen files from Big Buck Bunny Collection from here:
    Link

Last edited by SkyNet; 03-20-2015, 12:23.

Ty for the info,

Can't understand why the company keep releasing 720p Firmwares and not release a 1080p...totally dissapointed from this buy

Comment

Originally posted by lancelot View Post
      Ty for the info,

Can't understand why the company keep releasing 720p Firmwares and not release a 1080p...totally dissapointed from this buy
      Agree. 1080p only slightly makes performance lower if make tests at first in 720p in Antutu and we get something like 8-10FPS and slighly drops 2-3FPS lower in 1080P mode--so why then make all the time 720p? At least they could release experimental version with 1080p kernel--so fans would be really happy.

I think they probably afraid that ARM Mali 400 MP is not so powerfull to handle 1080p Kernel mode. But hey--here are 4 Core ARM Cortex A9 CPU MP and 4 Core GPU Mali 400 MP--so should be really powerful machine to my opinion.

Android boxes are in really previlege condition to my opinion. If to compare hardware part of Android Boxes and development boards in the same price range--for example here Link--Then Android boxes are more powerful. Majority of Dev boards insame price range have only 2core Cpu and 2 core GPU.
      But previlege of Dev boards--they can run freely Android and Linux--with LXDE environment though--which looks not the best. I wish there woud be as default at least XFCE. But probably Dev boards cant handle smoothly enough XFCE--Android Boxes would--at least Rockchip RK3288 with ARM Mali T760 MP4 would do that.
      Some Android Boxes appearing on horizon which can dual boot Android and Linux, some do Linux only and have LE mark--but they rare, expensive and not solution yet to be mass market.

Android boxes are really comfortable machines and more and more people buy them--because they little in size, powerfull, consumpt 0,5 watt and produce almost no heat, have no fan on cooler inside -- quiet environment. Quite different from Desktop PCs by many parameters.
      They serve well as entertainment centers. But the biggest their problem--they can mainly do Android.

To my opinion Android Boxes need to be changed in future by how they built--in other words their structure.
      There need to be some kind of like BIOS. On Boot Screen need to be at bottom F2 and F12 marks showing that when person will press F2--he will be able to change Boot Sequence. If press on keyboard F12--will get into BIOS himself. It would make us all free to chose--bring freedom.

Also I would pay Extra in order to have on motherboard of Android Box installed two eMMC Chips in order have to one of them installed Android--to another Linux and on SD Card have Firefox OS. In BIOS of Android Box should be possibility to change Boot Sequence to eMMC1, eMMC2, MicroSD Card, USB, SATA and also chose Default Boot OS.

In such way--people would be free to install and use on their Android Boxes simultanously whatever they would want to. Android Boxes would really become ARM Computers. Right now they are limited to hardware specs and MonoBoot.

Looks like Linux distributions want to get acess to ARM Computers and such Distributions as Ubuntu Core, OpenSuse, ArchLinux, Debian, Fedora already stand Ready. But ARM Boards used are really Fragmented.
      Each manufacturer uses its own designed CPU plus GPU--it makes harder for Linux Distribution to offer proper compatibility in drivers and rest of software specs. Also not always possible to have hardware accelaration. There need to be some common for everyone standards to be created in order bring better compatibility.

I believe that there should be official Hardware advised to run Linux. Official ARM Cortex CPU Cores and Official Arm Mali GPU Cores. Hardware should really comply with Software--there is no other way arround for best compatibility. Mali is really powerfull chip. There is already 600, 700 and 800 powerfull solutions of Mali--and it is official GPUs which can have open drivers to implement--at least for developers, (whereas if use other GPU solutions--drivers can be closed source-propritery).

So Linux is possible on ARM--only needs good will from All Parties--ARM, Linux Distro designers, Chineese Design Houses.

Another problem with Android motherboards--absence of firmware support. You buy Android box and almost in 100% cases limited to preinstalled stock firmware. You have to run then over different web-sites in order to find updated stock firmware for your exact device if you are lucky enough.

There should be better firmware support from Chineese Design Houses. They should share their stock firmwares freely to everyone and even offer it on USB, DVD and over download at their web-site. Also they have to polish it more and more so person can benefit from it.

Also--Do you trust to Android OS which came from unknown sources used in Android boxes? Would you do on such Box online banking? You trust your gmail account specs and passwords to such OS. Definitely not good solutiuon. Android os was mainly created for entrtainment, not for online banking. Also since there come many preinstalled suspicious apps...Like this green one in notification area. Is it possible to check all modules in Android Os for info leak ?
      So I think person has to have possibility to create his own official Android firmware from official Google sources. Is it possible? Probably. Is it easy to do? I doubt it...

But it does take not just that--Like change to 1080p and picture magically will become better. It is not always like this. Like I have noticed that elements of interface--like icons have some jaggies--does not matter if in 720p or in 1080p. So definitely interface needs to be tuned properly--like need to work MSAA or something similar. in order to smooth picture--which requires additional gpu load.

But to be honest--I really happy with video playback of this stock version. Playing is really smooth and responsive even when playing 1080p files. I know that player downscales to 720p when playing--but still.
      Like when playing files with preinstalled players--I can see that it is really responsive. Like I change video to another point in time with mouse pointer--and it plays immediatelly--like takes no time to adjust playing . I am amazed. Probably Chinnese guys know something when compiling firmwares.

I just tried on my device firmware from here Link before and it was the latest stock firmware from Cloudnetgo CR11/s and can tell the difference

CR11/S
      20140901_2M/5M_1080P
        291.1M
      2014-09-01
      I did try preinstalled players and also installed MX Player---and firmware from Cloudnetgo did not play 1080p files smoothly taken from here Link also firmware from Cloudnet have internal counter changed from default value--so in Antutu it scores more points and thus
      Antutu does not allow to share results and says in red Non-verified.

I have CS968 box though. Cloudnetgo say that CS968 is their copy. Difficult to judge who is copied whom( because Disign Houses in China make boards--and guys then simultanously buy those boards and have defferent brand names attached to boxes)--but as far as I know--Cloudnet do not relase really awesome firmwares related to videoplayback--feels like in their firmware does not work GPU acceleration and all load comes to CPU, or just maybe they did not polish firmware before release date the way it has to be polished.

The only one thing I like about Cloudnet firmwares- they have minimum preinstalled software when reset to factory or when flashed from scratch. So--internal flash is given to user as much as possible, and also no preinstalled crap ocupying space like in those stock chineese firmwares we review here now.

I just wonder.
      Maybe Chineese Guys when compiling firmware take from here Mali 400 GPU driver--thats why playing really smooth and hardware acceleration works:
      Link
      ???????
      Last edited by SkyNet; 03-18-2015, 11:42.

Comment

Security Check...

We all used to trust to everything--it is our nature, but I decided give Security check to this Firmware...

I installed 8 Antiviruses and did whole system Scan. The candiadtes are:

1. AVG; 2. Avira; 3. Dr Web Light; 4. Norton Mobile; 5. McAfee Security; 6. Kaspersky Internet Security;
        7. EST Nod32 Mobile Security; 8. Avast Mobile Security.

Results are really interesting. Some Antiviruses scanned whole system and said that all is ok. Another programs are said that we have here "MALWARE". THird said that there are Privacy issues and directed to some Antiviruses...

AVG detected this Kat shape on desktop as Malware...

Dr Web also said that we have some issues--which was the same--this kat shape on desktop...

But interesting enough--if to go to web site by pressing on thread in order to find definition of it--Dr Web site does not show it--maybe it is based on Euristic prediction--but still, if it is what it is--it should have definition of it and depiction...

Norton Antivirus did scan which was Malware scan especially--and said that all is ok...

Avira reported all is ok...

Kaspersky said the same--device protected...

Avast turned on its shields and did not detect anything--but at least it has possibility to lock apps...

Interesting results we have with McAfee. It said that found three privacy concerns. And Directed to three Antiviruses. I think is usual--we have accepted that will allow Antivirus send hisotry over to base...

ESET Nod32 did the most full results. It detected threat and gave depiction even on web-site what it is...

If press on it--is possible to see what it is...

If go to web-site -- is possible to see what it is...

So the main question:

Would you do online banking on such firmware?
        Would you trust your email password to such firmware?

Last edited by SkyNet; 03-20-2015, 14:10.

Comment

Another issue I have noticed with this firmware--some software makes it reboot.

Candidates are:

1. CPU-Z; Link
          Download Android Firmwares. Link

So probably it is not really compatible with some apps.

If you have any other software which makes it reboot--please tell about it.

Also another issue--from time to time in upper right corner appears one notification from one of chineese programs...

Comment

Thanks for all this info...

This rom is best for now...

Comment

Originally posted by DrEaD View Post
              Thanks for all this info...

This rom is best for now...
              LOL Agree. Full of Trojans--exactly what everyone wants.

But maybe not everything is so bad--I am sure is possible to clean it somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by SkyNet View Post
                LOL Agree. Full of Trojans--exactly what everyone wants.

But maybe not everything is so bad--I am sure is possible to clean it somehow...
                With root access just remove chinese crap... hehe Or no?

Comment

With root access just remove chinese crap... hehe Or no?
                  Well through Settings-Apps I could uninstall three chinese apps, shafe Market(Chinese), Kill Apps, FilmOnLiveTv.

And this Green Guy which all the time sits in Notification Area and also this KAt shape guy on Desktops--they considered to be part of System--so is possible only stop them, but not remove. Antivirus also tried to fix problem and remove--says part of system.

I just wonder--if make factory reset after i removed those some crap chineese apps--probably system again will install them?

I think here needs to be done something more advanced--with some tool disassemble firmware--then remove crap inside it--then assemble it back. Hope that it will stay the same.

I think we need help of some more advanced guys here in order help us to find out how to do it.

Actually I took news about this firmware from this site--I do not know if it is trusty for community--but looks like only there appearing stock firmwares for different android devices:

Link

As far as I understand--those apps which I uninstalled--can be uninstalled after person did factory reset or just installed firmware.
                  But until this green guy not stopped in menu---also cat shape software is on desktop. As soon as he stopped--kat also stopped.
                  There is also another chinese app in meny called Google Pinyin Input Method and it has one funny chineese letter--do not know if it is dangerous to have it running--or maybe it is part of input method.

Anyway--there are two ways for people who wants to run this firmware:

1. Uninstall and stopp all of those Trojan apps after just installation or after factory rest
                  or
                  2. Find out how disassemble firmware, clean it off crap and assemble back and have then clean and nice firmware.

Last edited by SkyNet; 03-20-2015, 17:27.

Comment

I'm downloading this now to try:

Archive: MK902_4.4.2_20150107

Firmware: Android KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware
                    Image file name: MK902_4.4.2_20150107.img
                    Model: RKM MK902 TV Box
                    Image file size: 319 MB

Platform: Rikomagic RK3188
                    FW version: 4.4.02

It's for AP6210 wifi too...

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!RBYTWQQK!lAgSuL...VH6a6n4BtUna94

Comment

I'm downloading this now to try:

Archive: MK902_4.4.2_20150107

Firmware: Android KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware
                      Image file name: MK902_4.4.2_20150107.img
                      Model: RKM MK902 TV Box
                      Image file size: 319 MB

Platform: Rikomagic RK3188
                      FW version: 4.4.02

It's for AP6210 wifi too...

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!RBYTWQQK!lAgSuL...VH6a6n4BtUna94
                      Cool. But I think you have not CS968 then--because looks like it is not for CS968 firmwarre but for mk902...

And how you found firmware not this website:

Link

???????

Comment

Cool. But I think you have not CS968 then--because looks like it is not for CS968 firmwarre but for mk902...
                        Mine is a clone of all this Stick with Rk3188 and AP6210... Tried so many ROMs, almost work perfect, but too old...

Comment

Mine is a clone of all this Stick with Rk3188 and AP6210... Tried so many ROMs, almost work perfect, but too old...
                          So it measn that I also can try different roms for different devices? THe main parameter should be RK3188 CPU and AP6210 Wi-FI BT chip? Can it brick device?

I have HTC-T018-V3-20131104 with AP6210 CHIP...

Comment

So it measn that I also can try different roms for different devices? THe main parameter should be RK3188 CPU and AP6210 Wi-FI BT chip? Can it brick device?

I have HTC-T018-V3-20131104 with AP6210 CHIP...
                            Yes! Market has so many devices with this wifi module and cpu... Only can soft-brick, just change kernel when this happen... Or, flash new rom...

Cloudgonet, MiniX, RKM and so many others brands only change the print name...

Sorry about my english, i'm brazilian...

Comment

For CPU-Z users, just uncheck Sensors on the first screen and hit Save, it will work.

They changed something with sensors which makes CS968 to reboot.

Comment

Working...
                              X