Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Stock Firmware for CS968A (KitKat) AP6210 20141225 720p, Boot Loader 2.19...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dzigi.Bau View Post
    For CPU-Z users, just uncheck Sensors on the first screen and hit Save, it will work.

They changed something with sensors which makes CS968 to reboot.
    Thanks for the info buddy. But I am not sure if it allows to change--i think if correct--it reboots immediately after program CPU-Z launched.

Actually I found something. I was all the time asking myself--what means those letters in firmware name--- CSQ . Now I found out.

Looks like all those firmwares which have CSQ letters come from this web site: Link

I think for our CS968 device we need to go to this section in his downloads: Link

If press on CS968 link there on site--is possible to find many nice goodies.

Here is text how to flash firmware and two videos how guys flash firmware.
    Interesting is--if to look on video to RK batch tool--is possible to see that guy has loader 2.07 but Android version is 4.1.01. I did not see yet Ice cream sandwich on this device. I know that is exist Jelly Bean and KitKat.
    Link

Also there versions of firmware for CS968A for AP6210 and for MTK KitKAt dating 20140614:

Link

Link

Here are all guys downloads on Baidu: Link

So looks like we have to go CS968 Section: Link

Also as far as I understand, CS968A means firmware for AP6210, and CS968M means firmware for MTK chip.

So right now as I understand correctly is possible to download for CS968 box from http://www.sz-csq.com and from Baidu such versions of firmware:

CS968M_MTK_root_CSQ_4.4.2_20140614.img MTK chip June;
    CS968M_ap6210_root_CSQ_4.4.2_20140614.img AP6210 chip June;

htc_t018_public_ap6210_CSQ_4.4.2_20140716.rar AP6210 chip July;
    htc_t018_MTK_root_CSQ_4.4.2_20140708.rar MTK chip July;

htc_t018_public_ap6210_root_CSQ_4.4.2_20140812.img AP6210 chip August;
    CS968MTK_singleant_root_CSQ_4.4.2_20140812.img MTK chip August;

CS968M_MTK_root_SCQ_4.4.2_20141225.rar MTK chip December;
    CS968A_ap6210_root_CSQ_4.4.2_20141225.rar AP6210 chip December.

Last edited by SkyNet; 03-24-2015, 12:54.

Comment

I wrote email to http://www.sz-csq.com. ([email protected])

Hope they will join the forum and help us to have official stock firmware in 1080p also Linux distribution on CS968 like Lubuntu or Xubuntu. Would be nice to have official Stock Firmware in 1080p and Dual boot with Linux--like this time you chose Android and next time can chose Linux.
      Also I asked to make firmware without preinstalled apps(Kind of like do Cloudnetgo CR11S)--like we like to have firmware as clean as possible.

Has anyone heard of those projects:

Orange Pi is an open source product brand of Shenzhen Xunlong Software Co., Ltd; Orange Pi has iterated over 30 products. At present, orange Pi has formed a complete open source education ecosystem covering open source hardware, open source software, open source chips, supporting videos, and forum communities

So awesome to have ability to Run Android and Linux from memorycard and from eMMC.

They even have download section here:

I wish such would be possible on CS968. Our box is more powerfull--so Linux would run quicker...
      Last edited by SkyNet; 03-24-2015, 13:25.

Comment

I use ROM from September, CS968, MTK chipset, with modified kernel for higher frequencies than 1.4Ghz, but not so satisfied with video playback. Would you post some video here, playing some stream like CNN or NBC, where you can find scrolling bar. If letters move smoothly then your playback is perfect. So far, I could not find so good video playback that letters are moving smoothly. Only with some lag, 720p or 1080, no matter at all.

For Chinese software, use ES Tack Manager and check it in StartUp manager if it loads itself, and make it disable. Check Task Manager also to see what is already loaded.

Comment

Hi,

I can help remove the chinese apps and repack the ROM.

Here is the stock firmware without the Chinese apps.
          Last edited by tantrums; 03-25-2015, 07:43.

Comment

Originally posted by tantrums View Post
            Hi,

I can help remove the chinese apps and repack the ROM.

Here is the stock firmware without the Chinese apps.
            Thank you Tantrums for help--I really happy. And how you do it? Is it difficult to clean it? And also productivity and functions of Stock firmware stay the the same?

I just noticed that After I stopped this green guy in notification area--then system stopped rememebring SCale of monitor and each time i had to do again when box started.

Downloading firmware_new.img .

Is it version from 20141225 ????

And which exactly apps you cleaned -- like only those preinstalled ones ???

Comment

Originally posted by SkyNet View Post
              Thank you Tantrums for help--I really happy. And how you do it? Is it difficult to clean it? And also productivity and functions of Stock firmware stay the the same?

I just noticed that After I stopped this green guy in notification area--then system stopped rememebring SCale of monitor and each time i had to do again when box started.

Downloading firmware_new.img .

Is it version from 20141225 ????

And which exactly apps you cleaned -- like only those preinstalled ones ???
              Yes, its the version 20141225. I just cleaned all chinese preinstalled apps.

If you want to exclude other pre installed system apps or want to include other apps, I can do it.

Comment

Found out how turn on 1080P on this firmware.

First install "Terminal Emulator" from "GooglePlay" Link

In Terminal type the following:

su ---- press Enter and give permission through SuperSU software preinstalled;

wm size 1920x1080 ----- press Enter

wm density 240 ---press Enter

To come back to 720P are two ways;

1. In Terminal type:

su

wm size 1280x720

wm density 240

OR

2. Reset to "Factory Defaults" through "Settings-Backup & reset".

Comment

Tantrums--the stock firmware which you cleaned for which chip--MTK or for AP6210 ? Because it has no indication in name--just written firmware_new.img

Comment

Originally posted by SkyNet View Post
                    Tantrums--the stock firmware which you cleaned for which chip--MTK or for AP6210 ? Because it has no indication in name--just written firmware_new.img
                    I used the one in your first post - AP6210.

Btw you can also try to flash the ROM i posted here

Comment

Originally posted by DrEaD View Post
                      I'm downloading this now to try:

Archive: MK902_4.4.2_20150107

Firmware: Android KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware
                      Image file name: MK902_4.4.2_20150107.img
                      Model: RKM MK902 TV Box
                      Image file size: 319 MB

Platform: Rikomagic RK3188
                      Boot version: 2.19
                      FW version: 4.4.02

It's for AP6210 wifi too...

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!RBYTWQQK!lAgSuL...VH6a6n4BtUna94

Can it be used for CS968 ?

Comment

Originally posted by dony71 View Post

Can it be used for CS968 ?
                        Of course it can. The only thing you need to pay attention to---Chip responsible for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. There are two versions in CS968 models--AP6210 and MTK version. So you will have to know it before flash--otherwise your wifi and bluetoth wont work until firmware inside--but LAN should work.. The only way is to open box carefully and look what you got.

Comment

SkyNet

I remove Chinese software using application App Master, you can download from Play Store. In the System applications you will find this little unwanted green popup software.

Could you tell me if you can change kernel in this December versions of ROM, using RKDevelopTool_v1.37 or is this ROM packed that way that we can change kernels inside.

Comment

Well thanks for the info about App Master--hope it really does it hthing properly, because as far as I understand those Unneeded apps were compiled at satge firware was built--so I hope that it will work stable after it.

Actually I am not sure that is possible to replace kernel with RK tool--I think it is meant only for flashing. If I am correct--there is Android tool which can flack kernel and other things independently--but it should be done at your own risk--because whant if kernel will be uncompatible--system could not start then afterwards. Experiments are good things if you know what you doing of course. I think the most important is to get rid of those crappy troyan apps and this is best which can be done. BUt they are already been removed by tantrums

Comment

I removed Chinese software, green cat or whatever it is, using App Master from the stock ROM, September 2014, MTK version. No problems after removal.

At the same time, I easily changed kernel to better one, which depends on the way how ROM is compiled, and therefore I asked you if you have already tried to install any Custom kernel. There are two scenarios:

1. Nothing would happen at all, since there is difference between ROM's kernel position in the img file
                              2. Kernel is changed, you can always switch to another one if device refuse to start.

If anybody tried to install Custom Kernel on this ROM, December version AP6210 or MTK chipset, suggested by Skynet, it would be nice to hear about results.

Comment

you have problem to play content from HBO GO? to login with no problem but never loads the video and says q try later, and hid the root with RootCloak for Xposed Framework but still the same, someone with the same problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X