Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porting Wasser Lollipop to CR11s

Hello Guys,

I have a Cloudnetgo CR11s whic is a RK3188 device with 2 GB of RAM, and i'm stucked with the buggy VPN on Kitkat 4.4.2 release by the manufacturer Cloudnetgo.

There is Wasser ROM 3.0.6 on Lollipop 5.1.1 for Minix X7 which is actually running on my device but the issue are following :

1) Ethernet driver is not working (however wifi works)
    2) Bluettoth not working
    3)Camera is not working
    4) Soft keys on keyboeard Logitech K400 (turning on the device doesn't work)

Regarding me i'm a java developer but i have to admit that my unix/linux (C programming skills) background is quiet limited.

So, i have attempting to port Wasser Lollipop to my CR11s by editing system.img with attempting to add the stock ROM drivers with Sergio POVERONY firmware tool.

However, when i unpack, edit by adding more files to the system image and repacking everything back i end up with firmware_new.img which is smaller in size to the initial wasser firmware i attempted to edit !! ==> How is this possible ??

Could any ROM developer mind to port Wasser Lollipop firmware to CR11 please ?

Othewise, i'm still willing to learn if somebody guide me through the port of this ROM.

Thank you All !

Have you fix ethernet driver ? Look like no one got Lollipop working properly on old CR11s...

Comment

any updates?

Comment

Hello Guys,

for now... nope ! No working ROM Android 5+....

The best i found out is the quickshot 3.1 ROM based on Kitkat 4.4.2 but on this verything supposed to work ..for me i have an ethernet connection issue but i might have flashed with an incorrect ROM because there are many variants of QS3.1 For Minix X7, CS938, RK3188 etc....

It is very stable fully functional.

Here is the link to version CR11s with APN6210 5MPx camera.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

I'm initiating ROM development but i'm really at the beginning so it will take too long for me to build a functional ROM for now...

By the way, i haven't found sources of QS3.1 which will help a lot porting it to fresher Android.

Cheers,
        Yakup

Comment

Originally posted by yakup View Post
          Hello Guys,

for now... nope ! No working ROM Android 5+....

The best i found out is the quickshot 3.1 ROM based on Kitkat 4.4.2 but on this verything supposed to work ..for me i have an ethernet connection issue but i might have flashed with an incorrect ROM because there are many variants of QS3.1 For Minix X7, CS938, RK3188 etc....

It is very stable fully functional.

Here is the link to version CR11s with APN6210 5MPx camera.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

I'm initiating ROM development but i'm really at the beginning so it will take too long for me to build a functional ROM for now...

By the way, i haven't found sources of QS3.1 which will help a lot porting it to fresher Android.

Cheers,
          Yakup
          Did you experience using QS3.1 sometimes cannot power-on after plug-in power?

Comment

Nope... Maybe once... But I have to plug out and in the Ethernet because it gets disconnected after a while... But maybe this is also a config issue...QS3.1 is really great !

Comment

Nope... Maybe once... But I have to plug out and in the Ethernet because it gets disconnected after a while... But maybe this is also a config issue...QS3.1 is really great !
              Do you have problem also with TWRP in recovery mode?
              On my CR11S, it stucks on TWRP logo

Comment

You can then do a clean flash with your PC...rockchip flash tool...I think you need to choose upgrade option but mind that it will clear all your data ...so back up first...to make your box recognized by your PC you need to plug to the OTG USB port and hold pressed the small pin in the home beside the OTG USB port BEFORE plugin in to the PC... Hope it helps

Comment

In the hole not HOME

Comment

You can then do a clean flash with your PC...rockchip flash tool...I think you need to choose upgrade option but mind that it will clear all your data ...so back up first...to make your box recognized by your PC you need to plug to the OTG USB port and hold pressed the small pin in the home beside the OTG USB port BEFORE plugin in to the PC... Hope it helps
                    I install with Nitro RKDeviceManager which is in qs3.1-cr11s-es.rar package
                    Cannot using this?
                    Where can I have rockchip flash tool?

Comment

Working...
                    X