mkv movie 720/1080p stutter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mkv movie 720/1080p stutter?

i am getting stutter lags on mkv playing from usb drive.
    mx video/kodi/bsplayer all stutter...

any recommendations?

There are a number of possibilities here, so more information is required to try and get to the bottom of it.

To start with, can you give details of:

Which box you are using.
    Which version of the firmware.
    What versions of each player that you are using.
    Details of the file that you are attempting to play (Use the great Mediainfo on your PC that can display all the information about the video file (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows)

Have you tried the excellent FTMC (which can be installed alongside Kodi) http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/general-tv-player-dicussions/xbmc-talk/575588-ftmc-jarvis
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

using cs968
      using lateat rom and latest players.
      trying to view with/without subtitles.

file information :
      720p HDTV 10bit x265
      HDTV.10bit.2ch.x265.HEVC.AAC-M3D mkv

questions is, did someone dried to run it and got good fps?

Comment

Hi , chenrp ,

it is a RK3188 Device , not sure if it can handle 10bit/265 , too old .

Maybe this helps dont know only used big G :

and this Video :

[ Error FIXED ] How to Play / Run x265 - H.265 / H265 - HEVC mkv video format files on KM Player New update _ Sinhala_2017Also you can play x264 videos too.....

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Yes, unfortunately X265 HEVC 10 bit is a no no for the RK3188.

Comment

thanks.
            what low cost android box that can play these movies do you recommend?

​​​​​​in the meantime, i will. play the movie on my phone and dlna it to the box...

it seems that
            " the Amlogic S912, though Amlogic’s processor only handles 8-bit H.264 at 2160p@30fps, excluding the 10-bit H.264 codec favored by Anime fans and 4K 60fps H.264 videos."

the rk3399
            "the Rockchip RK3399 is positioned as a powerful chip for media playback. It can play modern codecs like 10-bit H.264 at 2160p@60fps and 10-bit H.265 at 2160p@60fps (2160p is typically called 4K for the consumer market)."

another question is can i play this video with sw decode with a special codec?
            as i am very happy with my cs968 device...
            Last edited by chenrp; 08-26-2017, 06:36.

Comment

It will all depend upon the whole range of things that you want to play.

What is your budget?

Comment

no budget. if i need something i buy it. but i don't want to buy an overkill device just because it is the latest...

Comment

The Nvidia Shield is still the benchmark in terms of Android based boxes.

But for most uses, good independent developer support and reasonably priced, I would say the S912 will do a good enough job.

Have a hunt around on the specific section here to see the great firmwares being produced that take what the manufacturers have done to a whole new level.

Comment

true,
                    i can't decide between gt1(versions) and t95z plus

Comment

There is also this excellent thread on the Kodi forums, which may be of interest.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

Comment

thanks.
                        in the kodi tv forum they recommend an s905x processor instead of S912..

Comment

They may not fully take into account the current development with S912 at the moment, although there are also some good firmwares for the S905x too, which are competent boxes in their own right and a little cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                          X