cs968 stock firmware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cs968 stock firmware.

Just bought one, and tried to flash different roms (K-R42, minix X7, transmart t420) with no success. The device is using a different loader (RK3188Loader(L)_V2.03) so be aware of the old loaders used in existing built. I bricked it at first, after a long and tedious searching job, I found a way to unbrick it by shorting the D5 and D6 pin on Flash chip (generic solution for bricked devices caused by incorrect flashing).

So far only the linux rom (tried ubuntu, but both eithernet and wifi didn't work) works besides the stock one, so I have to flash back to factory rom eventually.

The stock rom is pretty robust (with 720p kernel), it has usb audio option so the digital and passthrough works OOB, however the spdif passthrough doesn't work for XBMC, [updated 09-10-2013, with a patched libmedia.so and modded XBMC it can now passthrough perfectly. ] but it works for stock video players as well as mxplay, bsplayer. I really hope there is a 1080p kernel available.

I managed to get the stock rom from a friend who got it from a vendor. I hope it can help providing development of third party firmwares that makes it even more awesome. It is not the source, so would not help that much, but better than none :P.

And most importantly, HERE IS THE LINK, please enjoy!

[updated 15-10-2013]latest firmware is released by CSQ. With some bug fix, and IR remote enhancement. Plus optimised power management (should be cooler during running now).

PCB layout (the only picture that is clearly taken when last time I opened the box, will open again once I had time).

Click image for larger version

Name:	c968PCB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	438652

Found a very nice set of picture taken by dqzhaosc at official forum.

Name:	151353wm363x083zi8pwbm.jpg
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	438692

Name:	151345wamvxb2m5airxu0m.jpg
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	438689

Name:	151303s9i9g6mbimc1o962.jpg
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	438686

Name:	151356gbrsyc73cbsu7zvv.jpg
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	438693

Name:	151348tt3wugf7xv0fqxwx.jpg
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	438690

Name:	151338hzwjy8979j44tyuy.jpg
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	438687

Name:	151358ehjjcz8hsnsmmszs.jpg
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	438694

Name:	151351c6x9w09lwv6wussv.jpg
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	438691

Name:	151341rmb7o4o7oao4rb1a.jpg
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	438688

Wish everyone good luck in tweaking/hacking.
    Last edited by hillyu; 10-18-2013, 12:15.

Thx hillyu. I have an eye on that cs968, because of the good features for the price. If you had it open, the best is always to take some pictures and write the name of the chips inside.
    Maybe someone could point on similar devices.

JDfense
    Last edited by JDfense; 10-09-2013, 07:32.

Comment

Re: cs968 stock firmware.

Thanks a lot for the stock firmware, it will be useful.

leolas.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
        Thx hillyu. I have an eye on that cs968, because of the good features for the price. If you had it open, the best is always to take some pictures and write the name of the chips inside.
        Maybe someone could point on similar devices.

JDfense
        I tried to take some picture but it is really hard to get a clear one to show the chipset(model number). the system is rooted so ithink ican get some hardware info from the os.

Comment

You took the hard way. Take a picture to see the layout, but not the writing.

For the writing, I need a good old magnifying glass.

JDfense
          Last edited by JDfense; 10-09-2013, 14:42.

Comment

Hi hillyu, i am waiting also the device. Can you please point the method to root it? I bought it from Merimobiles and they said they can't root it.

Thanks in advance and do hope someone can make a nice 1080p rom

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
              You took the hard way. Take a picture to see the layout, but not the writing.For the writing, I need a good old magnifying glass.JDfense
              I see, I will open it and take some pic tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by lancelot View Post
                Hi hillyu, i am waiting also the device. Can you please point the method to root it? I bought it from Merimobiles and they said they can't root it.

Thanks in advance and do hope someone can make a nice 1080p rom
                Hi, lancelot. If your unit has the same firmware as mine does, it should have been rooted already.

Comment

Ty

I will report back when i will get it

Comment

hillyu or someone else, have u seen if it uses the new SDK 2.0 from Rockchip?

Comment

Originally posted by lancelot View Post
                      hillyu or someone else, have u seen if it uses the new SDK 2.0 from Rockchip?
                      The system info (vendor firmware version) mentioned SDK1.0.0.

Comment

Originally posted by hillyu View Post
                        And most importantly, HERE IS THE LINK, please enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/s/hm6r59zibu..._FactoryFW.img

PCB layout (the only picture that is clearly taken when last time I opened the box, will open again once I had time).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3475[/ATTACH]
                        Interesting layout, but I see only the mali chip, if my eyes are good enough. I think the rest, we could only see from the other side.

JDfense

Comment

The system info (vendor firmware version) mentioned SDK1.0.0.
                          Damn, so i guess this can happen only with a custom rom?

Comment

Just bought one, and tried to flash different roms (K-R42, minix X7, transmart t420) with no success. The device is using a different loader (RK3188Loader(L)_V2.03) so be aware of the old loaders used in existing built. I bricked it at first, after a long and tedious searching job, I found a way to unbrick it by shorting the D5 and D6 pin on Flash chip (generic solution for bricked devices caused by incorrect flashing).

So far only the linux rom (tried ubuntu, but both eithernet and wifi didn't work) works besides the stock one, so I have to flash back to factory rom eventually.

The stock rom is pretty robust (with 720p kernel), it has usb audio option so the digital and passthrough works OOB, however the spdif passthrough doesn't work for XBMC, [updated 09-10-2013, with a patched libmedia.so and modded XBMC it can now passthrough perfectly. ] but it works for stock video players as well as mxplay, bsplayer. I really hope there is a 1080p kernel available.

I managed to get the stock rom from a friend who got it from a vendor. I hope it can help providing development of third party firmwares that makes it even more awesome. It is not the source, so would not help that much, but better than none :P.

And most importantly, HERE IS THE LINK, please enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/s/hm6r59zibu..._FactoryFW.img

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3475[/ATTACH]
                            A question. When CS968 arrives, if its not rooted, i can put the img file u put on the opener post, and therefore be rooted? Do you have any directions for that? If its offtopic, i can pm u

Comment

there are some updates on the official forum.

They finally put the firmware there, interestingly the firmware name reveals the model name htc_t018, which, I recall, was on the pcb board.

Comment

Working...
                              X