[Collective Thread] CS968, CloudnetGo CR11s, TV01, UGOOS UG410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gjs999 View Post
    thanks for the prompt reply -- will research which cam/mic to get for this unit
    I believe this works well
    China-1 Stock | Buy Brand Logitech C170 Setup 5 Mega Pixel Wired Camera USB Webcam Web Camera w/Mic----Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Comment

convict If you do not mind can take in our discussion of the topic by cs968:http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=518154 ,thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by andrej-rus-66 View Post
        Hi, downloaded the firmware? We are waiting for review is also interested in the Russian language firmware?
        Hello. I downloaded the firmware but haven't tried it yet because I was busy. I'll Flash it tomorrow probably.
        Unfortunately I don't speak Russian :/

EDIT: for the time being if you're interested, I'm running the custom rom GEASS v.01 from hillyu. It's very fluid and very sturdy and it never crashes. Also it's debloated

Comment

convict If you do not mind can take in our discusion of the topic by cs968:http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=518154 ,thank you.
          I see you have done a great job with the thread at 4pda. I' ll try to follow It but if you don't mind I' ll post in English because I don't speak Russian. Also I saw the requests for an updated video review and I promise that I will post one soon covering more aspects of the device

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
            EDIT: for the time being if you're interested, I'm running the custom rom GEASS v.01 from hillyu. It's very fluid and very sturdy and it never crashes. Also it's debloated
            Hi, I do not speak English, I communicate through Google translator. I am also interested in this firmware write about Cator, from GEASS v.01 from hillyu. Let those please link to the firmware. Nothing wrong with that, that'll be writing in English on our topic on the site 4pda.ru We'll be very happy if you do not leave this topic without our attention. Thank you.
            My tv box cs968 just crossed our border and I did not get one. I have had correspondence with the seller, he told me that my tv box with firmware 02.11.13 and again from the console. I bought this tv box from this seller:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-2-2...422579207.html

Comment

goy my cs968 box

ok, received my box last Friday. Sorry for the long post, staywith me.

1. the build number is rk31sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.dl.20131106.114900. B4 i start messing around with my box, i would like to make a image dump, how do i do that ?.

2. Dont know this has CWM recovery, installed drivers and when i connected the USB cable + reset button pressed, batch tools said its connected, can i use this cwm image frm here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ery-for-rk3188 ?? want to use the terminal method, shd this wkr for my above buid ???

3. it came with xmbc installed 13.0-alpha6, but when i tried to play 1080 files, it got closed, guess it doens not support 1080p files.
              I guess this file ( playercorefactory.xml file and copy it to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata on your device ) is for xmbc, i tried this and still xmbc closed after trying to play 1080p file. which xmbc will play 1080p files via mxplayer, link ?

4. suggest any better launcher for HTPC use, dont want family member to go through all the home screeens Hv seen some reviews where all the info in on single homescreen, like accessing application, video/music/web browsing etc, dont remember the box review.

5. In the setting->screens, by default it was 720p, i changed it to 1080p, but i didnot see any change in icon size, it shd be smaller in 1080 rt ??? does this not o/p 1080p res ?

6. i tried connecting wd 2.5" hdd passport to OTG port, the drive was making only click noise, led on the drive was on though. Then i attached to next to OTG port, the drive recognized and was able to see the hdd content, does this means that i shd not connect any HDD to OTG port, use it only for flashing purpose ??? tried diff USB cable on OTG port, didnot wrk.

7. IR remote is real PIA, want some airmouse, which one would u recommend ? felt rc11 is good, how ab
              how abt rc12 ?, since it has trackpad, and there is no switchover to mouse mode(like in rc11), does rc12 will be better to use for games or need a gamepad/controller? for game controller which one would you recommend ?

8. saw some videos on utube with good live wallpapers, which didnot come preinsatlled in my box, where do i d/l those ??

9. ir remote has power button, with single press, it just disables the hdmi o/p and the led turn red on the box. long press did shutdown, but after sometime i see the system was back on, didnot press any keys to boot back. do u guys see the same ? i hv universal sony remote which i use for other devices to control, maybe this made it boot ???

10. I hv sony sound bar which has 4 hdmi in and 1 hdmi out connected to sony LED tv.
              hdmi1 = cs968
              hdmi2 = IOBOX100 old HD media player
              composite = cable STB
              component = Pionner DVD player.

One strange issue i see with cs968 is, if it is switched off, the sound o/p of the cable STB will get disabled on the sound bar and is o/p directly form the tv speakers. I need to keep the cs968 on/stdby mode, to get the audio from the sound bar. If i unplug cs968 form hdmi2 of sound bar, and iobox still off on hdmi1, STB sound is o/p via sound bar. iobox sound is also via soundbar. I dont want to keep cs968 on when not in use. How to over this issue ?. On cs968, sound input is rk device, sound o/p i tried all options, didnt not make any difference.

Comment

Hello, I was able to register on this site and downloaded the firmware from 2/11/2013. I ask you to check this firmware and leave a response. Thank you. Link to download the firmware: http://yadi.sk/d/7-_o2JCqCmqQ3
                Hi,
                I tested that rom, first of all:
                It is huge (about 500MB) and full of chinese bloatware...also the process of installing it was not so fluid, it took forever to finish at first start-up...and than it comes with three launchers, and tons of stuff, so you have to spend some time uninstalling.
                Otherwise it works okay, one point less in Antutu than the newest CloudnetGo firmware. I think this rom would be good if de-bloated...
                What else can I say:
                I put the TV01 firmware from Geekbuying back on...
                It is not the best in Antutu (about 200 points less than the two mentioned before) but it has the best ethernet speed which is good when using it with online TV like Zattoo (which has a pretty crappy android app btw). Unfortunately that one is not rooted...which is a bit annoying.

PS: It helps having a second android device at hand, with a camera translation app for chinese...

Comment

Originally posted by hanu_blr View Post
                  ok, received my box last Friday. Sorry for the long post, staywith me.

1. the build number is rk31sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.dl.20131106.114900. B4 i start messing around with my box, i would like to make a image dump, how do i do that ?.

2. Dont know this has CWM recovery, installed drivers and when i connected the USB cable + reset button pressed, batch tools said its connected, can i use this cwm image frm here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ery-for-rk3188 ?? want to use the terminal method, shd this wkr for my above buid ???

3. it came with xmbc installed 13.0-alpha6, but when i tried to play 1080 files, it got closed, guess it doens not support 1080p files.
                  I guess this file ( playercorefactory.xml file and copy it to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata on your device ) is for xmbc, i tried this and still xmbc closed after trying to play 1080p file. which xmbc will play 1080p files via mxplayer, link ?

4. suggest any better launcher for HTPC use, dont want family member to go through all the home screeens Hv seen some reviews where all the info in on single homescreen, like accessing application, video/music/web browsing etc, dont remember the box review.

5. In the setting->screens, by default it was 720p, i changed it to 1080p, but i didnot see any change in icon size, it shd be smaller in 1080 rt ??? does this not o/p 1080p res ?

6. i tried connecting wd 2.5" hdd passport to OTG port, the drive was making only click noise, led on the drive was on though. Then i attached to next to OTG port, the drive recognized and was able to see the hdd content, does this means that i shd not connect any HDD to OTG port, use it only for flashing purpose ??? tried diff USB cable on OTG port, didnot wrk.

7. IR remote is real PIA, want some airmouse, which one would u recommend ? felt rc11 is good, how ab
                  how abt rc12 ?, since it has trackpad, and there is no switchover to mouse mode(like in rc11), does rc12 will be better to use for games or need a gamepad/controller? for game controller which one would you recommend ?

8. saw some videos on utube with good live wallpapers, which didnot come preinsatlled in my box, where do i d/l those ??

9. ir remote has power button, with single press, it just disables the hdmi o/p and the led turn red on the box. long press did shutdown, but after sometime i see the system was back on, didnot press any keys to boot back. do u guys see the same ? i hv universal sony remote which i use for other devices to control, maybe this made it boot ???

10. I hv sony sound bar which has 4 hdmi in and 1 hdmi out connected to sony LED tv.
                  hdmi1 = cs968
                  hdmi2 = IOBOX100 old HD media player
                  composite = cable STB
                  component = Pionner DVD player.

One strange issue i see with cs968 is, if it is switched off, the sound o/p of the cable STB will get disabled on the sound bar and is o/p directly form the tv speakers. I need to keep the cs968 on/stdby mode, to get the audio from the sound bar. If i unplug cs968 form hdmi2 of sound bar, and iobox still off on hdmi1, STB sound is o/p via sound bar. iobox sound is also via soundbar. I dont want to keep cs968 on when not in use. How to over this issue ?. On cs968, sound input is rk device, sound o/p i tried all options, didnt not make any difference.
                  can any help me plz ?

Comment

Originally posted by hanu_blr View Post

Hi, I can try to answer to two points:

6. You should add an additional power source for the HDD. The power supply of the CS968 may not have enough amperes to run both systems (I have the same issue with my tablet). So you need a Y-cable or an extra usb-hub with external power supply.

7. I read a lot of good things about the mele f10 (pro) so i ordered one of those.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by mitglied View Post
                      Hi, I can try to answer to two points:

6. You should add an additional power source for the HDD. The power supply of the CS968 may not have enough amperes to run both systems (I have the same issue with my tablet). So you need a Y-cable or an extra usb-hub with external power supply.

7. I read a lot of good things about the mele f10 (pro) so i ordered one of those.

Cheers!
                      thanks for the reply . point 6, my power adaptor rating is 5v/3Amps, so its has sufficient o/p power rt ?. But if i connect to other usb ports the same hdd, it wrks fine tough.

hi can tell me what are the options in the sound settings ?
                      i hv sound input device = rk29rk1000, checked by default, cant uncheck this. Is this for the voice mike ???
                      sound output device =
                      rk29_rk1000,
                      rockship-spdif,
                      rk29_rk1000 &
                      rockchip-spdif,
                      rockchip-spdif passthrough,
                      rk29_rk1000 passthrough.

in the above which 1 is hdmi ?, i hv used rk29_rk1000 (local decoding ??), and passthrough is that AV receiver will do decoding, rt ?

In the xbmc, settings->audio outout i hv set has as hdmi, spker config as 3.1 (my sound bar is 3.1, no rear speakers )

i tried cat /proc/asound/cards on terminal, there is no HDMI device, do u see hdmi in ur box. what firmware r u using ??

0 [RK29RK1000 ]: RK29_RK1000 - RK29_RK1000
                      RK29_RK1000
                      1 [ROCKCHIPSPDIF ]: ROCKCHIP-SPDIF - ROCKCHIP-SPDIF
                      ROCKCHIP-SPDIF

dont know how to fix point 10 frm my previous post

Comment

Hi, downloaded the firmware? We are waiting for review is also interested in the Russian language firmware?
                        I have flashed this firmware, but it's full with chinese bloatware. It's very fluid but i went back to hillyu's custom rom GEASS v.01

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
                          I have flashed this firmware, but it's full with chinese bloatware. It's very fluid but i went back to hillyu's custom rom GEASS v.01
                          Hi, where you can download hillyu's custom rom GEASS v.01? Where can I read reviews about the firmware hillyu's custom rom GEASS v.01?

Comment

Hi, where you can download hillyu's custom rom GEASS v.01? Where can I read reviews about the firmware hillyu's custom rom GEASS v.01?
                            See: Sticky: CS968 Custom Firmware -- "GEASS" -- ver. 1

Comment

thank you so much

Comment

Remote

Anyone know how to use this device with a harmony remote? tried installing Microsoft MCE remote and keayboard but doesnt seem as if the device picks up the signal, the supplied remote doesnt allow me to play or pause so have to ok then go to play/pause

also, does anyone know how to get the device to go into xbmc when i wake the device up?loaded a startup manager so it works on boot but not when I suspend the device, it will be used as a media player 99% of the time so not worried if it doesnt even go into android

Comment

Working...
                                X