CS968.. bad behaviour from both ethernet and wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS968.. bad behaviour from both ethernet and wifi

I've got a brand-new CS968, and though the hardware is nice, I'm not too impressed with the firmware. I originally had stock, and tonight I switched over to Geass. I've noticed these problems on both.

Firstly, the ethernet... which is my preferred connection type. The ethernet address changes on *every* reboot. This is fairly annoying, because it means a static DHCP assignment in my router is worthless. If I set a static IP address, I can't communicate with the router, although talking with the other machines on the local network is fine. (Of course, I can't connect to anything useful...)

I also notice the ethernet is REALLY slow... ~180KB/s on local network... but I'm not too stressed over that YET.

Wifi is another option, but here's the big deal: when I enable wifi, it knocks the wife's PC offline. That doesn't go over so well. It's like a switch... turn wifi on the CS968, watch network go dead on her PC. Turn it off, and she recovers.

Anyone have any idea where I can start debugging this? I could grab a USB wifi, since the CS968 has so many ports, but it'd be nice if the damned thing would just work.

I would check-out the routers log.. reboot router..
    If that doesn't provide a clue.. i would check for a router firmware update [after a backup]

Common q
    Do you have root ?
    Do you have android terminal/root-explorer installed ?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
      I would check-out the routers log.. reboot router..
      If that doesn't provide a clue.. i would check for a router firmware update [after a backup]
      How would the router firmware have any effect on the MAC address used by the CS968?

If you're referring to the inability to ping the router, I should note that this only occurs when I have a static IP address set.

If you're referring to the wifi "jamming", I can't see anything in the router logs (using Tomato on an E4200 v1). I note that *my* PC doesn't seem to have any issues, it's something done only to the wife's PC.

Getting wifi working isn't too much an issue for me, so long as I can hopefully get the MAC address to be stable. Overall the box works fine *as long* as I leave the IP dynamic and don't care about having a stable IP address. I was kind of hoping to use it as a server, but it'll still work fine as a media streamer (barring the annoying HDMI flickering...)

Do you have root ?
      Do you have android terminal/root-explorer installed ?
      Yes to both. That's how I determined that the MAC address is changing after every boot, by using 'netcfg'. Also, the MAC shown in dmesg changes every boot as well, so it's something driver-related.

Comment

Working...
      X