This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BETA] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 FreakBox

This is a work in progress, does the [BETA] tag. Your feedback is welcome and needed.

What doesn't work :
    • Bluetooth doesn't work, it power's up but it's undiscovered
    • Some streaming app's might not work. My ISP provides an APK to stream TV content, it doesn't work.
    • And more ...

Some info on the build.
    This image was tested, and prepared for an HD display. It uses a unified data partition, SDcard and Data share the same partition.
    I have included CWM 6.0.51. Future updates, unless otherwise specified will not require a data wiping and will be done throw CWM or TWRP.

HOW TO INSTALL
    • Download the CM build and unzip it.
    • Place the FreakBox in bootloader mode. Flash the update image file, press upgrade button.
    • First boot will be to Stock Recovery, it will format nand and after it will reboot by itself. Be patience and let it do it's job.
    • Enjoy...

v0.1
    www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/FreakBox/CM11_FreakBox_v0.1.tar.gz

v0.2
    www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/FreakBox/CM11_FreakBox_v0.2.tar.gz

v0.3
    www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/FreakBox/CM11_FreakBox_v0.3.tar.gz
    Last edited by abdul_pt; 05-13-2015, 12:00.
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

v0.3
    Changelog

- kernel compiled with gnueabihf 4.9 toolchain
    - updated some kernel drivers
    - Added stock remote mapping to kernel and to Rom. Support for Stock Remote is complete.
    - Changed congestion control to veno
    - OC to 1800 available in performance settings. Default start speed is 1608 mhz
    - Unlock RK3188T frequency to 1608.Not tested
    - Added a minimal set of GAPPS to the Rom.
    - Changed USB storage mount point to a more compatible place (mnt/usb_storage)
    - Included CWM v6.0.51, you can use stock remote on CWM.

v0.2
    Changelog

- Added Ethernet Settings to Settings menu
    - Mapped right mouse button to back
    - New Kernel
    - TWRP 2.8.4.0 with 1920x1080 theme
    - Some cosmetic changes

Download from OP, and follow the first install procedure. You can/should backup your data on TWRP also copy the Android folder from Internal SD to keep all of your apps settings.
    I had to rework the parameter file, so this time you have to use the PC.

Last edited by abdul_pt; 02-24-2015, 03:42.
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

If you get randy's U8,
      you could try to do the 1st tablet rk31 PIPO CM11 port on this side of the ether using original SDK...

challenge accepted ?

Comment

Works also on Minix X7

Does this CM beta could working also on Minix X7?
        tode

Comment

This, with the appropriate kernel, should work on any rk31 box with a ap6xxx chip.
          You can test drive this one.

But a dedicated X7 build is in the making.

Tapatalked

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
            This, with the appropriate kernel, should work on any rk31 box with a ap6xxx chip.
            You can test drive this one.

But a dedicated X7 build is in the making.

Tapatalked
            Great news indeed
            tode

Comment

OP updated with v0.2.

Comment

I just donated 5 EUR to your coffee jar to keep the engine running I am very glad that you revived this topic, which I think was presumed dead by the majority of the board members. I own an Ugoos UT1 and will try out your ROM and give you some feedback this evening. The UT1 is missing a built-in bluetooth chipset so it would be great if your rom would support external bluetooth dongles. I already started a thread which adresses this problem:

You are my last hope

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post
                  .... so it would be great if your rom would support external bluetooth dongles. I already started a thread which adresses this problem:

You are my last hope
                  Don't count on it too much. Although adaptable to other devices, this ROM is primarily targeted at the Freakbox.
                  Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6
                  Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Stock (rooted)
                  Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Nolekat 2.2 custom ROM
                  Asus TF300T Cyanogenmod 11 Snapshot M12
                  Archos 35 Home Connect Stock 2.3.4

Comment

Originally posted by Rockko View Post
                    Don't count on it too much. Although adaptable to other devices, this ROM is primarily targeted at the Freakbox.
                    The freakbox has the same soc (rk3188 + mali400), the same ports (rj45, hdmi, av out, optical out, usb) and with a bit of luck the same wifi chipset (i don't know which one is installed in the ut1), so i think the freakbox rom should be mainly compatible. Also abdul_pt mentionened, that there will be a special version for the minix x7 and I already tested some roms for this tv box. The only things which were not working working were the remote control and the av out. And with a little help from the members here and some sources, i think we can solve this problem together.

Comment

The freakbox has the same soc (rk3188 + mali400), the same ports (rj45, hdmi, av out, optical out, usb) and with a bit of luck the same wifi chipset (i don't know which one is installed in the ut1), so i think the freakbox rom should be mainly compatible. Also abdul_pt mentionened, that there will be a special version for the minix x7 and I already tested some roms for this tv box. The only things which were not working working were the remote control and the av out. And with a little help from the members here and some sources, i think we can solve this problem together.
                      You're absolutely right about the similarities. But your request was about support for external bluetooth dongles, a feature not needed for the Freakbox.
                      Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6

Comment

I just donated 5 EUR to your coffee jar to keep the engine running I am very glad that you revived this topic, which I think was presumed dead by the majority of the board members. I own an Ugoos UT1 and will try out your ROM and give you some feedback this evening. The UT1 is missing a built-in bluetooth chipset so it would be great if your rom would support external bluetooth dongles. I already started a thread which adresses this problem:

You are my last hope
                        Thanks for the coffee

Bluetooth is currently broken on this build, so is USB Bluetooth dongle.
                        Support for USB Bluetooth is kernel dependent and it maybe required a specific driver depending on your Bluetooth chip.

Comment

New build. Check OP and #2 for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                            New build. Check OP and #2 for updates.
                            The changelog for V0.3 mentions CWM 6.0.51, while the OP mentions TWRP 2.8.4.0. Does that mean that both recoveries are included? If so, how do you get to choose which recovery to start?
                            Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6

Comment

I corrected OP left over.

Now CWM will be bundled with the builds, because of stock remote support, I will provide TWRP also but you will have to flash it separately.

Tapatalked

Comment

Working...
                              X