my IMITO QX1 experience, the goods and the bads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my IMITO QX1 experience, the goods and the bads

1- First get a 5v 3a to get it to work properly without lag and random reboot event on stock kernel

2- Buy from a seller who provide external anntena in the pack or you are lost. Can get from my seller (a major sponser from here...) imito factory tell that they didn't produce anymore

3- Major mounting default from factory on all unit. i got problem with micro usb power connector, i open the case and see that the two pin that retain the connector is not fix in the board hole and and soldered. The connetor was moving due that only 5 mini very small retain the plug. i broke mine and have to glue with epoxy to have contact from connetor to board.

4- Think twice, there's no OTG PORT. EVENT WITH A POWERED a all-in-one asix rj45 + 3 port usb hub. device won't boot.

5- Otherwise it is a really fast unit and wifi speed is better that i get from any other tv stick i own. event without antenna....

6- Good aluminium desing that help to spread heat from cpu

7- Bad rda bluetooth chip or antenna; even rk903 chip havemore power, perform like class 3 . when major factory will they provide a descent bluetooth v4.0 broadcom or csr or issc chip real class 2 ??? AND DESCENTS WIFI AND BT ANTENNA into tv sticks ?

Leolas and his friends have working hard to provide greatest roms and oc kernels
    greatest thx

Here's my experience with it:

Support for this stick is fairly sad compared to the mk808's and 809's. The 4.1 factory rom is pretty useless, I could not get any USB hub to work with it. It only has one USB so Hub support is pretty essential. The Finless 1.5 - 4.2.2 rom seemed to work pretty good but after a short while the Play Store and some other apps stop working. Also app settings quits if you even try and uninstall anything. I tried the Quickshot V2 rom, same thing... Play Store and apps get corrupted, if it doesn't get boot looped before that even happens. I've tried re-installing these two roms many times with the same results.

My PSU is not the problem either, I have the QX1 board placed in an Xbox case with large heatsink and a server rack SAN unit power supply running it. There is also a Kasty 422 Rom that I never bothered to try as I read someone having the same problems with that. I ended up flashing the factory 422 rom from geekbuying and I haven't even bothered to root it, I just use it strictly for video players now. So that's basically where I'm at with this thing, it was cheap enough, and it is an RK3188. There is also the QX2 Finless KitKat rom that does work but with no wifi, it might be useful if someone has a supported USB network device.

Comment

Originally posted by relaxxxrrr View Post
      Here's my experience with it:

Support for this stick is fairly sad compared to the mk808's and 809's. The 4.1 factory rom is pretty useless, I could not get any USB hub to work with it. It only has one USB so Hub support is pretty essential. The Finless 1.5 - 4.2.2 rom seemed to work pretty good but after a short while the Play Store and some other apps stop working. Also app settings quits if you even try and uninstall anything. I tried the Quickshot V2 rom, same thing... Play Store and apps get corrupted, if it doesn't get boot looped before that even happens. I've tried re-installing these two roms many times with the same results.

My PSU is not the problem either, I have the QX1 board placed in an Xbox case with large heatsink and a server rack SAN unit power supply running it. There is also a Kasty 422 Rom that I never bothered to try as I read someone having the same problems with that. I ended up flashing the factory 422 rom from geekbuying and I haven't even bothered to root it, I just use it strictly for video players now. So that's basically where I'm at with this thing, it was cheap enough, and it is an RK3188. There is also the QX2 Finless KitKat rom that does work but with no wifi, it might be useful if someone has a supported USB network device.
      hi friend, can you open the case and tell me if there's cold soldering on the board ? i got cold soldering on hdmi port and on power micro usb port. also my micro usb port desolder and fall appart. of course i have repair that power port but i think this is the major problem with imito qx1 and user are forgotten from developper here. i already ask a lot of fix for quickshot rom v2 rom from leolas in is thread but in vain....

Comment

It's really hard to get to the board now as I have it mounted in a larger case with Xbox heatsinks bolted over it. I wouldn't be too surprised about the HDMI. Mine had really bad flickering lines on the screen when set to 1080p. Also the TV that I had it hooked to for a while now has a damaged HDMI port. No Sony device show anything on any resolution. Xbox works only at 720p with display discovery turned off. I noticed the TV HDMI was not working properly after I had set the QX1 to 720P 50hz instead of 60hz. I'm pretty sure this damaged my TV.

I now have the QX1 running the kitKat rom with no wifi support, I have a $2 USB Ethernet dongle hooked to it for internet. The wifi signal was crap anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X