Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android 4.4.2 KitKat for iMito QX1

I've successfully built a working KitKat ROM for the iMito QX1

It took some time to get WiFi and Bluetooth working. I had to make a lot of modifications in the kernel (Leolas's JellyBean kernel commits were very useful, thx) and build a complete ROM from the Rockchip SDK for the RDA587X-RTL8189 combo, but everything seems to be working fine now.

I'm still working on perfecting the ROM. Here is a little teaser:

Click image for larger version

Name:	qx1_kk_720p_antutu5.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	439969Click image for larger version

Name:	qx1_kk_720p_antutu5_details.png
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	439970Click image for larger version

Name:	qx1_kk_720p_antutu5_performance.png
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	439971
    Click image for larger version

Name:	qx1_kk_720p_antutu4_details.png
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	439973Click image for larger version

Name:	qx1_kk_720p_antutu4.png
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	439972
    iMito QX1 KitKat 4.4.2 ROM
    MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel builds

MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel sources

Nice looking forward to it

Comment

Great!! i'll be tester if you need...

Comment

Is this project still on?

Hi everyone.. I own a imito qx1 and after trying many custom roms it all ended with frustration. None was stable enough. I hope this rom grings life back to the imito qx1.

I can be a tester too

Cheers,
        Nidal

Comment

Originally posted by nghalion View Post
          Hi everyone.. I own a imito qx1 and after trying many custom roms it all ended with frustration. None was stable enough. I hope this rom grings life back to the imito qx1.

I can be a tester too

Cheers,
          Nidal
          SAME here and also no one seem to care and answer my post in others qx1 threads about my test regarding oc kernel that only give 396mhz

of course frustraing, i think they will no provide much support for imito device as the factory did....

Comment

KitKat Beta v0.7 release (2015-02-14)

Features:

Issues:
            • SuperSU wants to update the binary even though it's already the latest version

Download link:
            iMito_QX1_KitKat_Beta_v0.7

First boot takes about two and a half minutes, so be patient.

Comment

Any feedback would be appreciated

Comment

Hi friend, as i said early, i'll be a tester...

i've install with 'upgrade' with the tool with sucess. when it first boot i see 4 pinguins and it start to format system partion with a bunch of error for many non exist partions (no such partition error), after that animated multicolor balls appear but with a big flickering white tray bar at bottom of the screen (i got a 720p tv) maybe 1080p kernel ? or kernel not detect signal properly... first run configuration page appear but screen output is quadrupled with this big white bar flickering at bottom. Really painfull to set all first run parameter but once i manage to sort it out and get the kitkat laucher i go to setting to change to 720p and all seem to be fine now.

Wifi and Bluetooth WORK on kitkat
                will play a lot with this kernel... maybe oc kernel build will come soon...

system seem pretty stable.

my first little request:

0- From wich rom base your rom is cooked from start ??

1- fix after flash screen resolution 720p/1080p detection or provide multiple img. flashable rom with ROM_Flash_Tool_137 that have 720 boot and kernel and 1080p boot and kernel. many developper and user prefer a build in that way.... loader/boot/recovery/system/kernel/misc...

2- allow unknow source in dev setting

3- add browsersychadapter.apk in system/app and set permission to have bookmarks sych from account in stock browser. once installed go to google account in setting parameter and tick browser sych option and launch stock web browser and go to see in bookmarks.... here's the link of that beast from my drive :

MANY THX for your hard work and support, hope we will finally have a stable rom for qx1 user now. Stability is what factory and others custom rom never achieve to do with this device so far forgoten....

will do more test this night with some streaming from pc to test wifi stability and video sych from youtube and dailymotion with quality bluedio bluetooth v4 headset to see... and some more... stay tune

Comment

Can't flash rom

For some reason it keeps failing when flashing the rom. I used Rockship flash tool 1.8. I click upgrade and the rom downloads OK. When it starts the 'checking firmware' process it fails. I even tried re downloading the rom but the same happens..
                  Am I doing something wrong??

UPDATE: I tried powering the QX1 anyway after the flash fail anyway.. it started by formating some partitions and the '4 penguins' appeared..after a couple of minutes it started normally

'm experiencing the same as malfrat (resolution problem)..I'll fix that to 720p and start playing around with to see how things are working..

Many thanks and will keep you posted.. Great Work BalintBanyasz
                  Last edited by nghalion; 02-20-2015, 11:17. Reason: UPDATE

Comment

Originally posted by nghalion View Post
                    For some reason it keeps failing when flashing the rom. I used Rockship flash tool 1.8. I click upgrade and the rom downloads OK. When it starts the 'checking firmware' process it fails. I even tried re downloading the rom but the same happens..
                    Am I doing something wrong??

UPDATE: I tried powering the QX1 anyway after the flash fail anyway.. it started by formating some partitions and the '4 penguins' appeared..after a couple of minutes it started normally

'm experiencing the same as malfrat (resolution problem)..I'll fix that to 720p and start playing around with to see how things are working..

Many thanks and will keep you posted.. Great Work BalintBanyasz
                    Hi friend,

First use this Driver install tool:

then use flash tool 1.6 there:

once ready, in flash tool click on 'upgrade' , it is what i do and work fine.
                    Surely if you do a 'restore' the new loader won't flash and cause error
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Also if you want to downgrage to a JB rom for some reason and doesn't want to brick follow those step:

Get this tool (it's the only way to downgrade loader that i know):

then in flash tool:

1- Select download the loader boot loader 1.24 from archive
                    2- erase IDB Blocks and wait second After that the tab will be in mask-rom mod3- Now you can flash JB firmware with RKAndroid- or RKBatch-Tool.
                    4- reapeat procedure if it fail, sometime it took more than a try
                    5- thx to Oma7144

Comment

a copy spmp apk is in data/usr or system/usr or usr/data in don't remember but still there for nothing
                      i get back to Jb because i cannot change ua string in stock browser. i found a good replacement 'vanilla browser' could do this but i loose my bookmarksynch trick with that browser... i'm lost.

It's only a tricky java code modification in kitkat browser to force user to use google chrome to have sych feature...

Comment

A 720p kernel image would be appreciated for some users:-) Also, just all image and parameter file to flash in flash tool would be better. I love your work made on this rom anyway, thx

But 720p kernel is really needed.

Comment

Hi,

The ROM is really great so far. I miss the 1080p output sometimes but it's no deal breaker. Just curious to know if it can be fixed in anyway. Besides that all is running smooth.
                          P.S. The ROM have been in BETA for a long while now. Not to sound pushy or anything, but is development on the ROM still going on?

cheers

Comment

The ROM is working great. I didn't encounter the formatting issue mentioned by malfrat. Only issue I noticed is the display corruption when setting the output resolution to 1080p. Switching it back to 720p makes it work fine again. Videos play fine and things seem to be pretty stable. I couldn't test with mkv files because I switched my entire home setup to linux a few months back and android does not support ext4. Still no 1080p is a problem because I have a 1080p TV and everything appears fuzzy running at 720p. Still, I was getting all YouTube content at 720p, so I probably am not losing much on that.

Thanks for the tip about flashing the loader when downgrading, malfrat. I probably would have messed up my QX1 if not for that.

I downgraded to Quickshot V2 ROM again, but it feels really slow after using this ROM. Probably might have something to do with the 1080p resolution. Might upgrade once again. Lets see.

Comment

Working...
                            X