QX1 notes and bug fix list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QX1 notes and bug fix list

OK folks did a bunch of testing today using the LATEST Imito QX1 ROM dated 5/30.

1) Good Power is a MUST! This thing will lock up and crash unless you have good power. Most sticks I can power from my PC's USB port. Not this one. It requires a 2A PSU otherwise it will lockup and crash just playing Netflix movies. Also without good power, wifi will tend drop out and lose connection even though it still shows connected.

2) Netflix works pretty good although frame skipping is there like ALL the other 3188 devices. Slow pans look good but fast movement you will see it appears to be skipping in "chunks". The old frame skipping bug you would notice missing frames on slow pans. So some trade off has been made to fix that but it is still skipping frames but in "blocks" instead of every few frames. I hope I am making sense.

3) My C310 camera semi works. the MIC will not work at all. Google Voice search fails because of no MIC. However if you download a camera APP from Google play, the camera will work.

4) Because of #3 above and no MIC, Skype will not work.

5) External USB audio devices do not work. Nothing ever shows up in settings>audio>Sound Devices Manager.

6) CIFS support seems to be missing from the ROM like all 3188 ROMs so far. Leolas is working to try and make a 3.0.36+ CIFS KO module.

So the FIX list I think Imito needs to work on

1) Fix Netflix if possible! I know this maybe a common Rockchip issue and probably not just an Imito implementation.
    2) Implement the proper drivers to support generic web cameras and the MICs.
    3) Implement the proper audio devices drivers and settings.
    4) #2 & #3 should fix Skype but if not Skype needs to be fixed.
    5) Please implement CIFS along with VPN support (tun.ko and md4.ko).

Just my list so far....

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Bob, i supose that the microusb that feeds the stick is the otg port too, right?

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

There are 2 micro USB ports.

The one on the side is power only. The rear micro USB port is the OTG port.

Also there is a blocking diode on the full sized host USB port. It will not allow a powered USB hub to power up the stick. I like this. That way 2 PSU's are not pushing against each other.

Bob

Comment

Re: QX1 notes and bug fix list

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        There are 2 micro USB ports.

The one on the side is power only. The rear micro USB port is the OTG port.

Also there is a blocking diode on the full sized host USB port. It will not allow a powered USB hub to power up the stick. I like this. That way 2 PSU's are not pushing against each other.

Bob
        Good, and thanks a lot, I didnt see in the photos the second microusb:banghead:, then fantastic, is good have adb working and the device powered at same time.

leolas
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Can the most common drivers for external ethernet and wifi dongle be implemented in future rom?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Exlo View Post
            Can the most common drivers for external ethernet and wifi dongle be implemented in future rom?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
            Please wait until we have had time to work on this ROM before asking stuff like this...

Bottom line so far the answer is NO.... Leolas is working on compiling against this new kernel so please just wait some time until we figure it out.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
              Good, and thanks a lot, I didnt see in the photos the second microusb:banghead:, then fantastic, is good have adb working and the device powered at same time.

leolas
              Leolas, sorry I did not respond correctly!

NO... the Imito only has 1 micro USB port. I got confused and thought I was responding to the CX-919 thread which that device DOES have 2. Sorry the Imito does not.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bob

Comment

Please wait until we have had time to work on this ROM before asking stuff like this...

Bottom line so far the answer is NO.... Leolas is working on compiling against this new kernel so please just wait some time until we figure it out.

Bob
                uuups
                This question should have been HERE in the Imito MX1 not QX1...
                Got confused while reading the forum both on the phone and on the stick

Comment

Leolas, sorry I did not respond correctly!

NO... the Imito only has 1 micro USB port. I got confused and thought I was responding to the CX-919 thread which that device DOES have 2. Sorry the Imito does not.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bob
                  Ok, no problem, it will be hard to adb while is working, or i must use wifiadb for it

leolas
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

Thanks

Great to hear you're working on this Bob!

I'm new to TV-sticks and this forum (hi y'all!) so I hereby would like to show my thanks and not just be the anonymous user who silently reads an uses your great work.

I was in doubt whether to buy the QX1 or the CX-919: your support for Imito devices plus the external antenna convinced me to take this one. I'll use it mainly to play video over wifi so that explains my choice. I was kinda disappointed tho when you posted the 'flawles movie playback' on the CX-919 but i'm sure you'll figure this one out for the QX 1 as well (even if it's pretty much perfect as it already is)

I hope they (geekbuying) deliver the QX1 with EU adapter, since you stated in your unpack video how imported it was! Liked the video too!
                    Anyways, big thanks for your hard work and patience keeping us up to date! Here's the banana as a token of gratitude!

Comment

don't worry about the charger, we send the correct charger as the buyer's shipping address.if you are from euro, then we ship euro charger.

Originally posted by Majari View Post
                      Great to hear you're working on this Bob!

I'm new to TV-sticks and this forum (hi y'all!) so I hereby would like to show my thanks and not just be the anonymous user who silently reads an uses your great work.

I was in doubt whether to buy the QX1 or the CX-919: your support for Imito devices plus the external antenna convinced me to take this one. I'll use it mainly to play video over wifi so that explains my choice. I was kinda disappointed tho when you posted the 'flawles movie playback' on the CX-919 but i'm sure you'll figure this one out for the QX 1 as well (even if it's pretty much perfect as it already is)

I hope they (geekbuying) deliver the QX1 with EU adapter, since you stated in your unpack video how imported it was! Liked the video too!
                      Anyways, big thanks for your hard work and patience keeping us up to date! Here's the banana as a token of gratitude!
                      Looking for developers
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Imito qx1

Hi I have a new qx1 .the nwireless network is turning itself off al the time.second I cannot connet my Ethernet cable to this device, as th only usb port I used by air mouse .the mouse is also sometimes very frozen up please help

Comment

Yay

Got my Imito QX1 1,5 weeks ago, flashed a couple of roms, the latest being the official 4.2 (720p) ROM.

I had made a little bug list myself and when I found this thread today, Bob is mentioning exactly the same things!

Everything works fine for me, except Netflix 4.2 (lags, slow, black screens) and USB webcam and mic doesn't work, so no Skype I have a Logitech C525 which should work on most android sticks. Sound devices list is empty. But overall, i'm very happy with it! I'm sure these things will be fixed in the near future.

I have a 5v 2A charger that came with it from Geekbuying. I don't really like the quality of this adapter though, the USB male plug seems to be quite loose in the adapter. Anyone else experiencing that? The red led on the charger is unstable, sometimes its lid, sometimes not. It has caused my device to lock up and turn off a couple of times. I think it's better to buy something like this:

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/Universal-...item3f1ec2f511

Thanks Bob, looking forward to your work!

Comment

Originally posted by computerxtutor View Post
                            Hi I have a new qx1 .the nwireless network is turning itself off al the time.second I cannot connet my Ethernet cable to this device, as th only usb port I used by air mouse .the mouse is also sometimes very frozen up please help
                            Hi, welcome. Did you flash the firmware to the latest 4.2 (720p) version?

Comment

Originally posted by hispan1c View Post
                              Got my Imito QX1 1,5 weeks ago, flashed a couple of roms, the latest being the official 4.2 (720p) ROM.

I had made a little bug list myself and when I found this thread today, Bob is mentioning exactly the same things!

Everything works fine for me, except Netflix 4.2 (lags, slow, black screens) and USB webcam and mic doesn't work, so no Skype I have a Logitech C525 which should work on most android sticks. Sound devices list is empty. But overall, i'm very happy with it! I'm sure these things will be fixed in the near future.

I have a 5v 2A charger that came with it from Geekbuying. I don't really like the quality of this adapter though, the USB male plug seems to be quite loose in the adapter. Anyone else experiencing that? The red led on the charger is unstable, sometimes its lid, sometimes not. It has caused my device to lock up and turn off a couple of times. I think it's better to buy something like this:

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/Universal-...item3f1ec2f511

Thanks Bob, looking forward to your work!
                              Stock psu did the same to me mate, sometimes led would blink off and lock the system and omg yeah its so loose in the adaptor it just hangs there at an angle. I'm running my stick now from a 5v 3a psu so no problem there. Netflix is a joke, jitters, lags, sometimes no sound and randomly freezes up then locks my system. Bluetooth works 80/90 % of the time but is slightly glitchy. I have found when netflix messes about it helps to use a task killer then clear the cache then restart netflix, it often springs back to life, all be it for 20mins or so.
                              Last edited by Brenus; 06-13-2013, 08:47. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X