Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no joy....

Originally posted by wasser View Post
    it works for me on t-r42-v351. it loosk like you have other t-r42 clone which has other hardware inside.

wasser
    Wasser, I have opened my box and its got B351_V3.2 and Is dated 21-01-2014. I have tried this rom and it crashes as the homepage loads. I see the icons then it shows no signal on TV. Any ideas?

Comment

it's known issue, and is already fixed. The fix will be included in next release
      Would that be an xbmc release, or firmware? Anything you could suggest in the meantime?

Thanks
      Bill
      Last edited by bill-ns; 06-17-2014, 14:00.

Comment

Just installed this to my v1 board. I must say it's a MASSIVE improvement over the 4.2.2 firmware. Much more smooth OS and video playback.

Thank you for your great work

Comment

Originally posted by onkolog View Post
          I have the same device. TV-out not working in version 1.0.3
          Tv out for me don't work too on 1.0.3, I'm using v3.5 board. is there any fix for interlaced tv 1080i, xbmc don't deinterlace it.

Comment

Best release yet. The only problem I have is that with this version the remote does not entirely work. It wont let me type in a path to go to some where. Is this a problem with firmware or is it a setting in XBMC or a setting somewhere else. I can move forward and d back and mve my pointer around but when I try to type a letter on screen keyboard it doesn't do anything. This is a stock IR remote which came with box.

Comment

wifi and bluetooth doesn't work

Hi all,
              I have cs918 with BT (inside on the board it says b351_V1.1), flashed the
              wasser-firmware-kikat-t-r42-old-1.0.3 rom, the WIFI and the BT doesn't work.

what to do?
              any other good rom i can try?

Comment

B351 v2.0 board and 720p fail

Hello,

I have a T-R42 B351 v2.0 board and I have installed your Kitkat 4.4.2 1.0.3 old revision firmware.

My tv only supports 720p, I have connected the T-R42 through miniHDMI cable but all I get is a Blue Screen.

What's wrong?
                No 720p support in this firmware?

Thanks.

Comment

I don't know about the 720/1080p problem but some posts ago someone suggest to flash the "NEW" version on the V2.0 Board.

On my T-R42 v2.0 board this version seems to work well except for the wifi

Try the NEW and let us know if also you have WIFI problems..

Comment

Originally posted by kayak1987 View Post
                    I don't know about the 720/1080p problem but some posts ago someone suggest to flash the "NEW" version on the V2.0 Board.

On my T-R42 v2.0 board this version seems to work well except for the wifi

Try the NEW and let us know if also you have WIFI problems..
                    Thanks, I tryed the new revision and all I've tested works fine, including wifi (Youtube, google, Airdroid, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by robot20 View Post
                      Best release yet. The only problem I have is that with this version the remote does not entirely work. It wont let me type in a path to go to some where. Is this a problem with firmware or is it a setting in XBMC or a setting somewhere else. I can move forward and d back and mve my pointer around but when I try to type a letter on screen keyboard it doesn't do anything. This is a stock IR remote which came with box.
                      This is a setting in XBMC indeed. I will save you the trouble to look for it:

Settings->System->Input devices-> Enable the "Remote control sends keyboard presses" setting.

Comment

Further Overclocking possible?

I have a v1.1 board and the 1.0.3 old firmware works very very well - thanks a bunch, wasser! Just in terms of overclocking, I believe I could use a kernel that can push this little T-R42 a bit more.

Using a modified stock 4.2.2 FW I was solid rock at 1,704 Hz CPU speed and it was a bit faster when playing 1080p on xbmc (also AnTuTu score 20K vs 19K now). The default kernel wasser created for his KK rom is max'ed to 1,608 Hz. I wonder if this is a limitation imposed by the KK source code that wasser is using, or just a matter of time before he can work out a stable kernel with additional OC.

I even tried to experiment modifying the kernel.img that comes with wasser's rom using the overclockomatic3188 perl script from phjanderson's rkpatchomatic tool (thread here), and after some modifications to the perl script (as well as commenting out the DDR speed modification code because I do not really need to push DDR further) I was able to generate variations of CPU and GPU kernels which, based on visual inspection of the binary file in an hex editor, seem fine. However when I flashed it back to the device using either RKDevelopTool (just flashing modified kernel.img) or flash_image from within the linux OS, I always get to the same result: device does not boot and goes straight to recovery mode. If anyone has any advice or tip for me to try, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by JoKeRz View Post
                          I have a v1.1 board and the 1.0.3 old firmware works very very well - thanks a bunch, wasser! Just in terms of overclocking, I believe I could use a kernel that can push this little T-R42 a bit more.

Using a modified stock 4.2.2 FW I was solid rock at 1,704 Hz CPU speed and it was a bit faster when playing 1080p on xbmc (also AnTuTu score 20K vs 19K now). The default kernel wasser created for his KK rom is max'ed to 1,608 Hz. I wonder if this is a limitation imposed by the KK source code that wasser is using, or just a matter of time before he can work out a stable kernel with additional OC.

I even tried to experiment modifying the kernel.img that comes with wasser's rom using the overclockomatic3188 perl script from phjanderson's rkpatchomatic tool (thread here), and after some modifications to the perl script (as well as commenting out the DDR speed modification code because I do not really need to push DDR further) I was able to generate variations of CPU and GPU kernels which, based on visual inspection of the binary file in an hex editor, seem fine. However when I flashed it back to the device using either RKDevelopTool (just flashing modified kernel.img) or flash_image from within the linux OS, I always get to the same result: device does not boot and goes straight to recovery mode. If anyone has any advice or tip for me to try, please let me know.

you need a new rkpatchomatic to oc my kernels. You can download it from here.
                          http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

you need a new rkpatchomatic to oc my kernels. You can download it from here.
                            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...d-4-4-2/page12
                            Thanks for the link, wasser. I compared that perl script from that post with the one I modified and they are pretty much the same. So I am not sure why it does not work. I am starting to suspect the problem was either the way I extracted the kernel.img from your package (I used imgRePackerRK) or the way I am trying to flash the modified kernel.img. I will keep trying...
                            Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for the link, wasser. I compared that perl script from that post with the one I modified and they are pretty much the same. So I am not sure why it does not work. I am starting to suspect the problem was either the way I extracted the kernel.img from your package (I used imgRePackerRK) or the way I am trying to flash the modified kernel.img. I will keep trying...
                              Cheers!
                              I found the problem! I cannot believe I overlooked that: the kernel.img extracted by imgRePackerRK was missing the initial kernel header (KRNL... at beginning of the file). I correct that using rkcrc:

Code:
                              rkcrc -k kernel.img kernel_good.img
                              I flashed that using flash_image from linux and now I have CPU speed at 1704 and antutu scores in the low 20000s range (before I was at 19000)! I will test xbmc performance for heavy1080p files and report back here any improvement.

Comment

This is a setting in XBMC indeed. I will save you the trouble to look for it:

Settings->System->Input devices-> Enable the "Remote control sends keyboard presses" setting.
                                Thanks for your clear reply. I have this Enabled. My remote still will not enter letters into the path field. I was able to use a fly air mouse which has keypad on it to set up FUSION and installed the maintenance config Wizard.

Other then this work around I was able to stream a 1080 p movie to device and it worked perfectly.

Thanks all for your help especially Wasser.
                                Last edited by robot20; 06-19-2014, 15:10. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X