UPDATE - T-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Disk.

wapvirus the problem is not for hub - i use it and don`t use but problem is in mount usb disk. When I use Paragon exFAT, NTFS & HFS+ it`s mount second disk, and wasser know this issue and solve this in next version of firmware.

Best version XBMC that I use when I test this firmware is XBMC Nightly, but now ther is new version of Beyond XBMC special for this firmware version 2.9. Maybe works but now for me the best for my player T-R42 v.1 is firmware 1.2.4 1080p with kernel-t_r42 cpu1704_ddr720_1080p_gpu600h, and add in version XBMC - it`s play any files I have on disk (is first version of XBMC that`s do it).

Best regards - dobosz23.

Comment

Originally posted by dobosz23 View Post
      wapvirus the problem is not for hub - i use it and don`t use but problem is in mount usb disk. When I use Paragon exFAT, NTFS & HFS+ it`s mount second disk, and wasser know this issue and solve this in next version of firmware.

Best version XBMC that I use when I test this firmware is XBMC Nightly, but now ther is new version of Beyond XBMC special for this firmware version 2.9. Maybe works but now for me the best for my player T-R42 v.1 is firmware 1.2.4 1080p with kernel-t_r42 cpu1704_ddr720_1080p_gpu600h, and add in version XBMC - it`s play any files I have on disk (is first version of XBMC that`s do it).

Best regards - dobosz23.
      Beyond XBMC the latest version spoofed as S3 the playback was poor for me on T-R42., SPMC XMBC works really well though.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie26 View Post
        Use the Old T-R42 kernel and WiFi should work.
        doesn't work for me.

Comment

RKRemoteControl or equivalent?

Hello guys,
          I am a newcomer to T-R42V2.0 community (I own the toy since 1 week); just played around with some versions 1.2.4 and decided to try this one till I will settle down for a while.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to connect with RkRemoteControl.apk or equivalent (I would like to use my phone for this, no keyboard) ? the remote on Ir does not work in arrow / mouse mode
          I installed "eHomeMediaCenter" but not results / not seen from my phone remote

2. The only proper screen/hdmi resolution for 1080p configuration is 24Hz; when going to 50 or 60 periodical blink, some dots/line ...; the same behavior in 1.2.4 config

Thanks a lot.

Comment

@teebees

Hey, me too. I tried every t-r42 v2.0 firmware and i think this is the smoothest.

1. no, remote or mirroring doesn't work with this firmware nor any other app wich uses wifi or bt to connect.
            Problems: i think the firmware miss some systemapps plus the kernel does not work with wifi/bt chip.

2. which kernel are you using? 1080p@60Hz works fine for me.

Comment

@Deviant-AUT

Hi,
              for restore I kept the default files except for kernel where I used t-r42-new.
              In previous releases I was able to connect using RkRemoteControl.apk in my phone (wifi) via LAN to T-R42 (ether). so no need of BT or wifi on the box side, only eMediaServer.apk + ether.

As I do not have a usb keyboard I am stuck. And when I use the original Ir remote, arrows are working but cannot commut to mouse flash so cannot "type" to reach playstore.

I have to solve 1-st this access issue and then to dig on the 50hz/60hz refresh.

thanks for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by teebees View Post
                Hello guys,
                I am a newcomer to T-R42V2.0 community (I own the toy since 1 week); just played around with some versions 1.2.4 and decided to try this one till I will settle down for a while.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to connect with RkRemoteControl.apk or equivalent (I would like to use my phone for this, no keyboard) ? the remote on Ir does not work in arrow / mouse mode
                I installed "eHomeMediaCenter" but not results / not seen from my phone remote

2. The only proper screen/hdmi resolution for 1080p configuration is 24Hz; when going to 50 or 60 periodical blink, some dots/line ...; the same behavior in 1.2.4 config

Thanks a lot.
                1. you can use wifi direct. i haven't used it.

2. i cannot reproduce this problem, perhaps hdmi cable!
                http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

@ wasser

Thanks. So far

1. for setup I attached a standard keyboard so this point is not anymore blocking

2. the blinking when HDMI at 1080p-50 or 60 seems o be a compatibility issue; I changed the cable but it is the same behavior ; I cannot change from TV any clock control, or format; is too SMART
                  so I will stay at 1080p-24.

Is there a chance to get some sound via SPDIF ? this is crucial (at least for me ...) in order to stay with this release

Comment

Back to Stock or other CustomRom

I have flashed this KitKat ROM with RKAndroidTool and it worked fine the first two days. After two days when I booted my T-R42, I didn't have netwok connection anymore. It is connected by LAN but I also tried WIFI an LAN with static IP. No luck, when I look into the settings it shows me no IP and I can't connect anywhere.

So I wanted to flash the Stock ROM with RKBatchTool1.7 again. But this fails while flashing. I also tried Wassers 1.2.4 and Lewy20041 latest ROM. But this didn't work, too.
                    After this KitKat still boots again.

Do I have chance to get rid off KitKat? I thought, I could perhabs install a ROM over Clockworkmod, but I don't have a ZIP-file just the IMG-files.

Any ideas? At the moment my T-R42 is useless for me, I can't even control it, because I just used Droidmote.

Thank you all,
                    grenzwolf

Comment

Has anyone got this working successfully with a rk3188_box_szy_x6?

Comment

cifs mount on boot up automatically how is this done on this ROM?

cifs //192.168.1.2/media/Music
                        thanks you

Comment

Kikat Android 4.4.2 wasser firmware for T-R42

Hi all,

Kikat Android 4.4.2 wasser firmware 0.95 is released. For more infos, please take a look at the first post.

have fun!

wasser

Comment

Great Wasser, thank you for the work done :-)

Update: when you write only version 3.5 is supported, you mean B351 v2.0 or really version 3.5? I didn't know there is a version 3.5 out yet!?

Comment

Originally posted by Private View Post
                              Great Wasser, thank you for the work done :-)

Update: when you write only version 3.5 is supported, you mean B351 v2.0 or really version 3.5? I didn't know there is a version 3.5 out yet!?
                              i mean B351 v2.0

wasser

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                                i mean B351 v2.0

wasser
                                Dear Wasser,
                                are you planning to make a version for B351 V1.0 too ?
                                Or will we be stuck in between your JB1.2.4 and 1.2.5 in future?
                                Thanks for clarifiying...
                                Makku
                                T-R42 V1.0 - Wasser Firmware 1.03 KitKat

Comment

Working...
                                X