UPDATE - T-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Wasser,

I have a T-R42 v2.0 (B351). Wifi, LAN, BT as well as sound all work perfect on v0.95. I used Rkbatchtool in restore mode, just to be sure.

This is by far the fastest ROM I have installed on my device! Thank you!

Now I just need find out which version of XBMC I need to install :-)
    ---
    Rk3188 / 1346 / CH001 / B351_V2.0 / 2013/09/22

Comment

Originally posted by hpm76 View Post
      Of course, find the full dmesg attached right below:

[ATTACH]6315[/ATTACH]

I also chose a few significant lines for your reference:

Code:
      <3>[    0.855366] (NULL device *): [HDMI] read edid base block error
      <3>[    0.855434] (NULL device *): warning: EDID error, assume sink as DVI !!!!
      <6>[    0.855504] (NULL device *): warning: no CEA video mode parsed from EDID !!!!
      <4>[    1.575078] register rk1000 codec earlysuspend ok
      <3>[    1.575111] RK1000_CODEC 4-0060: Failed to add route Left DAC->Left Mixer
      <6>[    1.577610] asoc: rk1000_codec <-> rk29_i2s.1 mapping ok
      <6>[    1.577965] ALSA device list:
      <6>[    1.577980]   #0: RK29_RK1000
      Thank you and please let me know if I can help in any other way.
      i have built new kernel which should fix this issue. Could you please try and let me know if it works for you?

thanks

wasser
      http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

wasser, just to be sure.

To install this I should use RKDevelopTool, untick all boxes but kernel, load this one and run, right? I'm asking because RK Batch Tool fails to load the image and RKDevelop says OK, but the device seems to not be able to boot. Using ImgRePak I am able to flash the whole set with the new kernel included, but I get no signal in HDMI either

Regards,
        hpm76

Originally posted by wasser View Post
        i have built new kernel which should fix this issue. Could you please try and let me know if it works for you?

thanks

wasser
        Last edited by hpm76; 04-24-2014, 20:19. Reason: Tried with imgrepak

Comment

Re: Kikat Android 4.4.2 wasser firmware for T-R42

thanks

wasser
          Wasser what do you need for v1.0 devices ? I would love to have this ROM please ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          My Device: T-R42
          ROM: Wasser ?????
          Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

just got my t-r42 v2

just got my new t-r42 v2
            going to flash and report back

update: the best custom firmware for the t-r42 !!! Thanks wasser for your hardwork!

wifi. Bluetooth Ethernet all working
            Last edited by moebeman; 04-24-2014, 22:46.

Comment

Icons on the Home screen dock

I have customized to place a few favorite icons on the HomeScreen dock, after every reboot of the device (or power off and power on again) only 5 icons still appear as customized. The settings do not stay after each reboot. Any idea or solutions?

Comment

Originally posted by moebeman View Post
                just got my new t-r42 v2
                going to flash and report back

update: the best custom firmware for the t-r42 !!! Thanks wasser for your hardwork!

wifi. Bluetooth Ethernet all working
                JUst realized that the "home" button opens up the settings and the "menu" button brings is to the android home screen

and to activate mouse you have to press the red key

and the forward button is the lower volume

wasser is there a fix for this ?

update.. Found another small prob dunno if it's just me
                whenever I power off from the android native bar, when I boot it up nothing comes on screen I have to pull the power cable and plug it back or just press the recover button to boot normally or I have to power off from a third party apk (quick boot ) but clicking reboot does the same problem

so for now to shut down I use (quick boot) I Have To Click Power Off and when I boot the device from the power button it opens normally to boot logo

any fix or ideas of other third party apk for normal reboot thanks
                Last edited by moebeman; 04-25-2014, 16:32.

Comment

Same issue.

JUst realized that the "home" button opens up the settings and the "menu" button brings is to the android home screen

and to activate mouse you have to press the red key

and the forward button is the lower volume

wasser is there a fix for this ?

update.. Found another small prob dunno if it's just me
                  whenever I power off from the android native bar, when I boot it up nothing comes on screen I have to pull the power cable and plug it back or just press the recover button to boot normally or I have to power off from a third party apk (quick boot ) but clicking reboot does the same problem

so for now to shut down I use (quick boot) I Have To Click Power Off and when I boot the device from the power button it opens normally to boot logo

any fix or ideas of other third party apk for normal reboot thanks

First of all, I must say, Wasser You are an Angel. I had just Dreamed of all the features what you added in the Rom. From the 1st day when I bought my Hisillikon Android Box Blue v2.0 I was searching for such a Rom everyday. Yesterday I was also searching the Internet and I found this thread. I installed the Rom as you described and it's working out of the box. I can't believe that there are Guys like you l, who make people Happy. May God bless you Live Long Wasser!
                  So now on the issue >
                  I have the same Problem, like moebeman. I am using Xposed Framework alot. Every time I need to reboot it does not start automatically after reboot. I have to take the power cable out and in to boot it again.
                  2nd problem is with the Root, it says that there is no root I have to reboot again to get the Root working.
                  3rd Problem is with the launcher, I am using Nova launcher. Every time after reboot or new start it doesn't work I have to select nova launcher manually, I tried to freeze the launcher but now there is a black screen after rebooting and I have to go to settings and click on the home then i select Nova Launcher and it shows the home screen.

Can you Please take a look on it and help us to get fix the Problems or just guide us how we can help you to make it more better and better.
                  If you need any data or info please send me a pn and I will do it.

Thanks again!
                  Best wishes from Germany.

Comment

it works for me. you have to press the "red key" on ir-remote to activate mouse mode

wasser
                    Hi wasser. thanks for the advice. everything turned out. there remained the problem of lack of smooth video playback. I tried different players, but the result is the same everywhere. I tried to flash the kernel version 0.92 new and old in 720p. But it became even worse. Please help.

Comment

this firmware have one strange - if i press shutdown - then - my miniPC cannot turn ON

need reflash again it

Comment

thanks

wasser
                        this kernel helped - and i have sound!
                        but so strange - after shutdown - device cannot start - and reflash again not help

So use now again 4.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by kidman27 View Post
                          but so strange - after shutdown - device cannot start - and reflash again not help

So use now again 4.2.2

Did u I try to unplug the power source and plug it back and start the device ? That's how I reboot / start the device after shutdown

Comment

kidman, how did u flash it?
                            I haven't eveb been able to start for the first time.
                            An as you mention, I reflashed 1.2.5 to make it alive (no other option worked otherwise).

Regards,
                            hpm76

Originally posted by kidman27 View Post

So use now again 4.2.2

Comment

Did u I try to unplug the power source and plug it back and start the device ? That's how I reboot / start the device after shutdown
                              Yes - tried this too - not helped

Comment

Originally posted by hpm76 View Post
                                kidman, how did u flash it?
                                I haven't eveb been able to start for the first time.
                                An as you mention, I reflashed 1.2.5 to make it alive (no other option worked otherwise).

Regards,
                                hpm76
                                flashed with RKDevelopTool_v1.37

btw so strange - i try now flash again 0.95 - and cannot start it too for first time
                                so strange

Comment

Working...
                                X