CX 919 II slow WiFi question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX 919 II slow WiFi question

This is my first post so I hope I posted in the correct area?

I bought 2 CX919ii Android TV Sticks online through AliXpress. I thought that I was ordering Tronsmart CX919ii's, but, after reading this board, I think I may have gotten clones instead? I am using these sticks to stream XBMC and Showbox only. I don't use them for any gaming... TV and movies only.

My question is WiFi speed. I have an HP Desktop PC (Windows 7) running XBMC and Showbox. I have the Android stick right next to it with XBMC & Showbox running. Both the PC and Stick are connected to the same monitor (Samsung Plasma TV). Both the PC and Android stick are connected to the internet using the same home WiFi.

Desktop PC internet speed test is 16mbps.
    Android TV Stick speed test is 5mbps.

I have tested these many times. The second Stick I plugged into my TV upstairs and WiFi speed on the second Stick is also 5mbps.

My question is, that knowing I have in-home WiFi download speed of above 15mbps consistantly...
    why won't these Android Sticks produce a higher than 5mbps WiFi speed?

I have opened the setting window and can read the build/Kernal/modle information and from what I can remember I am using 4.2.2 software.

Is there any way to boost the WiFi speed on this device because my XBMC & Showbox buffering/freezing is making watching anything using this device unwatchable!

Sorry, wrong thread..
    Last edited by awatch; 11-10-2014, 01:51.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, however my question was WiFi speed. Are you saying that the "Kernel" upgrade that you are referencing increased you WiFi speed? Do you have Mbps speed results before and after you upgraded? And, if so, how is the Kernel affecting WiFi speed?

Comment

Originally posted by TLilley View Post
        Thank you for the reply, however my question was WiFi speed. Are you saying that the "Kernel" upgrade that you are referencing increased you WiFi speed? Do you have Mbps speed results before and after you upgraded? And, if so, how is the Kernel affecting WiFi speed?
        I answered in a wrong thread, sorry for that.
        I don't know something about the Wi-Fi speed and deleted my posting.

Comment

Working...
        X