Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darekmarta1975 View Post
    Device undress so underneath are 4 rubber peel them and are the screws
    I marked in red what you write MEDIATEK ............

MEDIATEK
    MT5931SA
    1314-BMJH
    BTPMU610

MEDIATEK
    MT6622N
    1220-BGAL
    BTGCB510

Comment

Stock firmware

hi,
      does anybody know where i can get stock firmware for this board, or which custom rom is working with this. I flashed lewy20041 hybrid custom firmware thinking it was cs918. Flash was successful but i get no output to the display. Thanks

Comment

found working custom rom

for anyone interested I found a working custom rom thats also rooted. Everything works except wifi, composite connection, and original remote. You can use a wired connection to a wireless client and connect a wireless keyboard and be all set. Here is the link http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/ncr_...III_kitkat.zip thanks to neomode for his work.

Comment

Originally posted by noobx View Post
          hi,
          does anybody know where i can get stock firmware for this board, or which custom rom is working with this. I flashed lewy20041 hybrid custom firmware thinking it was cs918. Flash was successful but i get no output to the display. Thanks

I'm still looking for stock firmware as well, but not having much luck. If anybody buys one of these, can you back up your firmware?

The box as is works...ok. I had issues with 1080p playback on XBMC. Lots of video stuttering. Was trying to install justXBMC rom but I couldn't find a version that worked. Need to have wifi and remote. Patiently waiting/trying to build the skills myself, but I'm no programmer

Comment

can anybody who bought this board do the community a favor and request the stock firmware from their seller. I requested the firmware from my seller but they don't know. Thanks

Comment

Stock Firmware

I did ask the seller for a firmware image, but it all went VERY quiet after that But as I said in my 2nd post in this thread, my stock image doesn't seem to support 1080p at all.

I don't have a lot of spare time these days, but I will at some point have a bash at extracting a backup of the NAND Flash contents. I'm very new to this and not even sure if the tools will work on Windows, or if I will need to build a Linux VM.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Shugs

Comment

The tools will work with windows, here is the link to the tool you need for dumping the rom. Thanks to Finless

Its very easy to do, instructions are included in the package. First you need to install the rockchip drivers.
                You will need an otg cable.
                1. connect the otg cable to the box first
                2. hold the recovery and power button together while you insert the power adapter, windows will detect it and try to install drivers and fail.
                3.Open device manager and look for unknown device then right click it and select update driver software, select browse my computer for driver software, point to the drivers in the package applicable for your system.Windows will install the driver for Rockusb device.

Now you can follow the instructions for the rom dumper tool.
                One other thing, after about 2 minutes of inactivity you will be disconnected from PC. You will know this when you see "No Found any Devices" at the bottom. To reconnect the device: while holding the recovery button press and hold the power button for 3 seconds then release. You should see "Found One Loader Device" at the bottom of the androidtool. That's it, hope it helps.

Comment

stock rom dump

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate it.

If anybody loads this rom dont forget to do a factory data reset in the system settings, otherwise it wont mount the nand flash.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same device, and made a rom dump, with:

Code:
                      PARMZ

FIRMWARE_VER:4.1.1
                      MACHINE_MODEL:rk30sdk
                      MACHINE_ID:007
                      MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
                      MAGIC: 0x5041524B
                      ATAG: 0x60000800
                      MACHINE: 3066
                      CHECK_MASK: 0x80
                      KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
                      #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
                      CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00002000@0x00002000(misc),0x00006000@0x00004000(kernel),0x00008000@0x0000A000(boot),0x00010000@0x00012000(recovery),0x00020000@0x00022000(backup),0x00040000@0x00042000(cache),0x00200000@0x00082000(userdata),0x00002000@0x00282000(kpanic),0x00100000@0x00284000(system),-@0x00384000(user)
                      I noticed that the kernel, kpanic and misc partitions are completely empty (all filled with 0xFF), is this normal?

Anyway, here are the links to the relevant images:

System partition is a little big, so will upload later only if someone needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmsc01 View Post
                        I noticed that the kernel, kpanic and misc partitions are completely empty (all filled with 0xFF), is this normal?
                        I have no idea, maybe somebody with more experience can chime in, but im assuming that if the androidtool reported success when dumping, it should be good. I can verify that The Rom dump that bloatman uploaded is good. If you flash the rom dont forget to factory data reset. Thanks

Comment

Yeah the kernel is empty, I tried patching it and there were 0 tables. I found out that the kernel is packed in the boot.img. You can extract the kernel from the boot.img with this tool http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Firmware-Tools.

Comment

mine came with beyond xbmc preloaded with fusion, mashup and xfinity. playback so far seems good

Comment

Originally posted by bloatman View Post
                              mine came with beyond xbmc preloaded with fusion, mashup and xfinity. playback so far seems good
                              Funny, your rom is different fro mine, yours has in build.prop:
                              Code:
                              ro.vendor.sw.version=TV-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK_V1.0.2_V12_20140510
                              Mine is:
                              Code:
                              ro.vendor.sw.version=TV-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK_V1.0.1_V12_20140421
                              And flashing your rom in my device fixed HDMI output ad full-hd!!!

Comment

Funny, your rom is different fro mine, yours has in build.prop:
                                Code:
                                ro.vendor.sw.version=TV-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK_V1.0.2_V12_20140510
                                Mine is:
                                Code:
                                ro.vendor.sw.version=TV-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK_V1.0.1_V12_20140421
                                And flashing your rom in my device fixed HDMI output ad full-hd!!!
                                glad I could help, now can someone show me how to get dolby and dts digital surround sound in xbmc

Comment

Working...
                                X