No announcement yet.

LS_X6_V12 Motherboard with RK3188-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, guys, here's an update, I was able to download this wendal firmware from the vondroid forums for this device, and it actually fixes the 2gb spoofed ram. and shows the proper 1gb, I think helps out alot in the stuttering and chopiness playback in xbmc. I also applied the vsync patch and a little overclocking as well.

I'm a bit confused, some videos stutter and some don't, and I don't think it has to do with it being hd or not. Youtube videos don't stutter. Youtube on fire hd videos don't stutter at all, even though they are full hd, however, some low resolution hd videos stutter.

I'm new to RK3188t chipset, maybe someone else can chime in. Is this normal behaviour?

Comment

try this rom http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/ncr_...III_kitkat.zip
      with this kernel http://www.freak-tab.de/d33/kernel_KK_v4.2.5_MT5931.zip

im using same rom with different kernel and getting smooth hd playback in latest stable xbmc gotham build. I use an older kitkat kernel from d33 version 4.1 and i change the resolution to 1080i 60 because i get bunch of green pixels on my lg tv with 1080p. And I turn true motion off on my tv and enable real cinema. In xbmc i enable passthrough and adjust audio offset to 200ms. Original remote wont work though, not a problem if you own an air mouse. Hope this helps someone.

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
      Ok, guys, here's an update, I was able to download this wendal firmware from the vondroid forums for this device, and it actually fixes the 2gb spoofed ram. and shows the proper 1gb, I think helps out alot in the stuttering and chopiness playback in xbmc. I also applied the vsync patch and a little overclocking as well.

I'm a bit confused, some videos stutter and some don't, and I don't think it has to do with it being hd or not. Youtube videos don't stutter. Youtube on fire hd videos don't stutter at all, even though they are full hd, however, some low resolution hd videos stutter.

I'm new to RK3188t chipset, maybe someone else can chime in. Is this normal behaviour?
      Last edited by noobx; 08-26-2014, 03:35.

Comment

Originally posted by noobx View Post
        try this rom http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/ncr_...III_kitkat.zip
        with this kernel http://www.freak-tab.de/d33/kernel_KK_v4.2.5_MT5931.zip

im using same rom with different kernel and getting smooth hd playback in latest stable xbmc gotham build. I use an older kitkat kernel from d33 version 4.21 and i change the resolution to 1080i 60 because i get bunch of green pixels on my lg tv with 1080p. And I turn true motion off on my tv and enable real cinema. In xbmc i enable passthrough and adjust audio offset to 200ms. Original remote wont work though, not a problem if you own an air mouse. Hope this helps someone.
        Just finished flashing, rom looks really good, however, there is no wifi. It keeps saying turning on wifi.

Comment

did you flash this kernel http://www.freak-tab.de/d33/kernel_KK_v4.2.5_MT5931.zip

I haven't tested it but it should work. I use ethernet connected to wireless router.
          I will test later and report back.

update:
          wifi doesnt work with neomode 3.1 and 4.25 kernel above.
          But this rom works http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/mk809III_mtk_1.zip its still in beta and its not rooted. Ive tested this rom with above kernel and wifi works, xbmc streams 1080p smooth too.

Just finished flashing, rom looks really good, however, there is no wifi. It keeps saying turning on wifi.
          Last edited by noobx; 08-21-2014, 14:27.

Comment

I just received this box today. It also comes with 4.4.2.. bought on aliexpress and the description was way off, saying it's 2GB when mine is 1GB and RK3188 when it's actually RK3188-T, so I'm definitely going to demand a refund... Hoping to hear about a smooth 1080p kitkat kernel & rom, if there is such a thing yet.
            Last edited by CoolerKing; 08-21-2014, 15:55.

Comment

I gave up on this box and sold it on kijiji yesterday for 50 bucks. It works ok with the jellybean firmware for it posted on vondroid forums but can't do 720p videos on xbmc, I had to install external player with modified playercorefacotry.xml to make it play 720p content smoothly, still couldn't do 1080p, even with external player. Just sell it on kijiji for cheap and get your money back.

Comment

Damn, I had actually just returned a CX-919 clone which also had major issues (couldn't connect as USB device for flashing)... and now finally after waiting a long time I received this device, but again it's a huge disappointment.. I guess that's what I get for buying a sub-$50 RK3188 device.. By the way, did you file a dispute with your aliexpress seller for a partial refund?

I might just go with a cheap MK808B now.. does it work fine with XBMC without stuttering? or perhaps a Raspberry Pi.

Comment

If you're looking for a sub 50 bucks device, why not just buy a mk808b, they work fine playing true 1080p content and that too without an external player, you can get one easily for around 40 bucks. I have the new one with the realtek wifi chipset and that works pretty good now too with the latest stock firmware, all the issues it had primarily have been solved. Very smooth 1080P playback using spmc gotham.

I had just bought this just for the heck of it, but it's garbage, never getting a rk3188 device again. If you can spend a little more, I would recommend you buy a s82b. You can get 2gb/8gb one for around 85 bucks, or get the csm8 which has 2gb/16gb, dual band wifi for around the same amount. I'm sure it will work good, as reported by some of the other members here who have gotten one. And I'm sure there will be more support for it in the future.

One thing I have to say is that if you're a videophile, nothing beats amlogic for video playback in xbmc. It's super duper smooth.

Comment

One thing I have to say is that if you're a videophile, nothing beats amlogic for video playback in xbmc. It's super duper smooth.
                    +1

... I would recommend you buy a
                    1.) s82b. You can get 2gb/8gb one for around 85 bucks, or
                    2.) get the csm8 which has 2gb/16gb, dual band wifi for around the same amount.
                    1.) +1
                    2.) there exist the frist devices with different WiFi/BT chip-set (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post217908)

all these devices are from the same PCB factory:
                    Originally posted by oman View Post
                    MXIII(2G) version = Beelink M7B = Beelink M8B = All S82 serial(Transmart vega S89/measy b4a/......) = xxx(Coming soon)

All these can be used the same FW.
                    ("All S82 serial" means all round ones)
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Kernel

did you flash this kernel http://www.freak-tab.de/d33/kernel_KK_v4.2.5_MT5931.zip

I haven't tested it but it should work. I use ethernet connected to wireless router.
                      I will test later and report back.

update:
                      wifi doesnt work with neomode 3.1 and 4.25 kernel above.
                      But this rom works http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/mk809III_mtk_1.zip its still in beta and its not rooted. Ive tested this rom with above kernel and wifi works, xbmc streams 1080p smooth too.
                      I'm a bit noob. Do i need to put that kernel into the rom, what is the best way to do it? Does it work without that specific kernel, just the rom plain and simple? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi experts,

figured out I also have this box. I flashed the kernel http://www.freak-tab.de/d33/kernel_KK_v4.2.5_MT5931.zip with the beta of MK809III that noobx recommended. The box starts up and bluetooth doesn't work. Compared to the non-Beta WiFi can be activated and it finds the networks around but doesn't connect.
                        All of that is still ok, since it's full HD and movies via LAN can be streamed. However, rooting it seems impossible, I can't activated USB debugging, it's just grayed out. Any suggestions how to enable USB debugging? Again I see the checkbox in the developer options but all in gray.

Comment

There is a button at the top right corner to turn developer options on, it is off by default.
                          If you dont need wifi, I recommend using a kernel with 1080i, for some weird reason 1080i gives the smoothest playback in xbmc with these boxes.

Originally posted by Skye View Post
                          Hi experts,

figured out I also have this box. I flashed the kernel http://www.freak-tab.de/d33/kernel_KK_v4.2.5_MT5931.zip with the beta of MK809III that noobx recommended. The box starts up and bluetooth doesn't work. Compared to the non-Beta WiFi can be activated and it finds the networks around but doesn't connect.
                          All of that is still ok, since it's full HD and movies via LAN can be streamed. However, rooting it seems impossible, I can't activated USB debugging, it's just grayed out. Any suggestions how to enable USB debugging? Again I see the checkbox in the developer options but all in gray.

Comment

There is a button at the top right corner to turn developer options on, it is off by default.
                            If you dont need wifi, I recommend using a kernel with 1080i, for some weird reason 1080i gives the smoothest playback in xbmc with these boxes.
                            Hi Noobx,

thanks for the advice. I will check it later tonight. I expected standard Kitkat so I didn't search in the corners.
                            I don't need WiFi but BT would be really great, otherwise I need to buy a keyboard for USB as well as a mouse. Currently I have a nice thin BT keyboard with a touchpad... As kernel I used the kernel_KK_v4.2.5_TVBOX_MT5931_HD.img - is this the one you recommend for me?

Comment

yeah, for bluetooth you need that kernel, and this rom http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/mk809III_mtk_1.zip

edit:
                              bluetooth doesnt work with above kernel.

Originally posted by Skye View Post
                              Hi Noobx,

thanks for the advice. I will check it later tonight. I expected standard Kitkat so I didn't search in the corners.
                              I don't need WiFi but BT would be really great, otherwise I need to buy a keyboard for USB as well as a mouse. Currently I have a nice thin BT keyboard with a touchpad... As kernel I used the kernel_KK_v4.2.5_TVBOX_MT5931_HD.img - is this the one you recommend for me?
                              Last edited by noobx; 08-26-2014, 03:46.

Comment

yeah, for bluetooth you need that kernel, and this rom http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/mk809III_mtk_1.zip
                                Hi noobx,

I activated USB debugging and could root that device. Unfortunately BT doesn't work for me with your proposed combination of kernel and rom. I can pull the switch to ON and it goes back after 10 seconds or so.
                                Build number says:
                                Code:
                                rk3188-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.neomode.20140717.114941 test-keys
                                Vendor software version:
                                Code:
                                MK809III MTK Neomode Custom Rom 1.0 Android 4.4.2
                                My chips are MT6622N and MT5931SA. Do you have the same?

Comment

Working...
                                X